www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 19-12-18, 21:42   #11
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Geez, I forgot about the marketing stuff. Forget what I said, the oversexualized Lara marketing should stay in the past.
Old 19-12-18, 21:44   #12
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Geez, I forgot about the marketing stuff. Forget what I said, the oversexualized Lara marketing should stay in the past.
Yep, it should.

Lara should be marketed as a badass (But still feminine) heroine.
Old 19-12-18, 21:49   #13
Chamayoo
Professor

- Crystal saves (though could be cool for a Deadly Obsession like mode)
- Minimal story
- Boss fights with no strategy except just bullets to defeat them

The rest like outdated graphics and controls, I don't define the Classics like that, it's just a thing of the time.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-18, 03:08   #14
Kapu
Professor

There's a lot of technical things that I wouldn't want to see again (which others have mentioned - the grid system, tank controls, etc), but there's no chance of those things coming back, anyway. There's only one thing I could really think of:

An overabundance of resources. I finished a replay of TR4 earlier this month and ended the game with over 100 flares and at least a dozen small and large medicals packs (though it was probably closer to 20 each). Finished with a crap ton of additional ammo too, although only for specific weapons - crossbow, namely. Thing is, the reboot games are already doing this...it's just never gone away since the classics. I'm talking about "IMPOSSIBLE, I can't carry anymore." Not saying they should makes resources crazy scarce, but when the player is constantly carrying the max amount of resources without even trying, you're missing a gameplay opportunity.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-18, 07:12   #15
Zolee
Professor

Apart the grid system and some extremely slow animations like climbings I like everything about the classics.
Zolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-18, 08:10   #16
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
There's a lot of technical things that I wouldn't want to see again (which others have mentioned - the grid system, tank controls, etc), but there's no chance of those things coming back, anyway. There's only one thing I could really think of:

An overabundance of resources. I finished a replay of TR4 earlier this month and ended the game with over 100 flares and at least a dozen small and large medicals packs (though it was probably closer to 20 each). Finished with a crap ton of additional ammo too, although only for specific weapons - crossbow, namely. Thing is, the reboot games are already doing this...it's just never gone away since the classics. I'm talking about "IMPOSSIBLE, I can't carry anymore." Not saying they should makes resources crazy scarce, but when the player is constantly carrying the max amount of resources without even trying, you're missing a gameplay opportunity.
Yep, TR1 was really bad about this (If you find secrets you literally can just use the magnums/uzis for the rest of the game as soon as you finnd them.)

Only TR game to get it mostly right was TR3, but even that messed it up a bit, there was way too much MP5/Desert Eagle ammo and very little shotgun/Uzi ammo.
Old 20-12-18, 10:54   #17
Error96
Explorer

There is a lot more stuff that badly needs to come back and I don't want to diminish that but here goes
  • The crystal saves would just really annoy modern gamers
  • The precision needed to activate levers, buttons and get pickups just wouldn't work nowadays
  • The harpoon gun mechanics on there as it's useless and too slow.
  • The poison mechanic in TR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Mine are:

- Oversexualization of Lara
The constant want to actively avoid anything the tiniest bit sexy has become a ball and chain on Lara in the reboot that is diminishing creativity. I get the point on marketing but last thing we need to be doing is giving the devs more encouragement to make more of the drab and monotonous attire that we got in Shadow. We don't need oversexualisation but an approach like LAU would be massively better than what we have now.
Old 20-12-18, 11:38   #18
Chamayoo
Professor

^ I may disagree on the harpoon gun and poison effect, I want their return.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-18, 12:58   #19
Aikon
Historian

- controls
- supernatural stuff
- auto aim
- infinite ammo

I would like the backpack to return, or something similar where she stores ammo, maps, relics, and similar stuff.
Because tbh I'm getting annoyed by her weapons disappearing or not.
Aikon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-18, 13:25   #20
FanosCroft
Professor

Wierd ass bosses
Hoe Croft