www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 23-01-19, 14:53   #11
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I don't support the idea of bringing back or mentioning past characters, so this is a no for me. This is also why I'm happy the unpatched ending was not canon.
I also lean more towards the thought of not having them back. I'm fine with an easter egg mentioning them or even a small ode in a document or something; but nothing mayor. The whole Natla storyline was great in the past but it just has to stay there: in the past. It would come across as having no creativity if they brought her back.
Old 23-01-19, 17:53   #12
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

I support the idea of rebooted characters from the original universe.
Old 23-01-19, 18:10   #13
ESCachuli
Professor

I kinda liked the nod of the original ending with Natla, so if they bring her back I would probably love it.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 19:03   #14
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Itís a big no from me on reimagined characters. Winston was the only character I knew I wanted to return from past games, and we have that now. I definitely donít want Natla, thatís for sure.

Kurtis would be interesting, and I would be curious to see a rebooted version of him, but as others said, these characters would be incredibly different so thereís no point. Now if Kurtis returned in an LC game, however...
Old 23-01-19, 20:40   #15
Portugalraider
Professor

Personally, besides Winston, the only character that I think could be interesting to see rebooted is perhaps Von Croy. Even if he loses the mentor relationship he originally had with Lara (because that was Roth's role), he could still work as a veteran rival to Lara, or even as someone who tries to look like he is doing proper archaeology, but that on the side is kind of linked to either the black market or as someone who hides the actual interesting stuff to gain shady profit through VCI.
Old 23-01-19, 20:42   #16
Lyle Croft
Professor

Aren't there reimagined characters in comic books or somethin. With different universes and reboots
Old 23-01-19, 20:55   #17
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
Aren't there reimagined characters in comic books or somethin. With different universes and reboots
Like comic books in general? Yes, but the truth is that usually the characters chosen are also as or just a little bit less iconic than the heroes themselves. Let's face it, the only character from Tomb Raider people actually remember is Lara herself. Or the T-Rex. Natla if we get generous.
Old 23-01-19, 21:24   #18
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Like comic books in general? Yes, but the truth is that usually the characters chosen are also as or just a little bit less iconic than the heroes themselves. Let's face it, the only character from Tomb Raider people actually remember is Lara herself. Or the T-Rex. Natla if we get generous.
Actually people genuinely remember Natla.

Even my brother who does not play Tomb Raider knows about Natla. I asked him not too long ago about what characters he remembers from TR and his response was: Natla.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 23-01-19 at 21:26.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 21:44   #19
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

They could reboot or recreate some kind of "pierre and larson" as we saw them in TR5. It could be a nice touch to have "friendly ennemies". Some guys who wouldn't be a serious threat but who will slow her down while being kinda stupid (less than in TR5 or at least differently in a more realistic way because it would look dumb if they stay the same).

They could also emulate a Amanda/Lara type of relationship with Jonah. It would be even more powerfull and emotional since we know him as Lara's friend for a very long time and we saw them getting even more friends and close.

Lara could meet some kind of Jean-Yves. Older man, not the adventure type just very smart.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 22:26   #20
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Actually people genuinely remember Natla.

Even my brother who does not play Tomb Raider knows about Natla. I asked him not too long ago about what characters he remembers from TR and his response was: Natla.
That's cool.

But still: one character. That is basically all (not counting Winston of course, since he already is in).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
They could also emulate a Amanda/Lara type of relationship with Jonah. It would be even more powerfull and emotional since we know him as Lara's friend for a very long time and we saw them getting even more friends and close.
Actually, I think that would perhaps work best with Sam: the previously close friend, who became estranged and then enemies, all because of their personal obsessions.

Last edited by Portugalraider; 23-01-19 at 22:28.
Portugalraider is online now   Reply With Quote