www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 01-02-19, 19:48   #11
Pyro99
Archaeologist

I'd really like casual outfits like the blue henley or the leather jacket to be her main ones, mainly because i want more urban environments
Old 01-02-19, 20:18   #12
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Honestly, all I want is outfits that actually fit an adventurer/explorer. Maybe some sporty outfits as well, but mostly explorer.

Also, I would appreciate if the outfits were a little less busy and more simple. Sometimes there's just so much going on in these outfits: too many pouches; straps; layers - sometimes less is more.

Also also, don't be afraid of adding some colour!

Same.

My favourite outfits have been the Syria outfit, the black variant of the spaghetti strap TR'13 outfit, the blue Henley and the white blouse adventurer. I also agree, some colour would be welcome. Even the blues they've used have been blue-ish greys. If you're gonna go blue, make it blue. Actually, there isn't a main default outfit used throughout the games, they've changed it up each time. The Syria racer-back top could make a welcome comeback, with colour variants to choose from. The top is quite a sporty design and could go with shorts or trousers and can be layered if necessary, depending on the weather and environment conditions. About layers, I just did not understand the need for the undershirt for the Shadow default top. It had zero use at all. If layers are used (like the Syria top layered with the Henley), at least make it useful. It doesn't even look comfortable.

Last edited by Rai; 01-02-19 at 20:19.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 21:48   #13
Jen_TR
Explorer

More simple outfits, sport based more than hiking style with the trousers etc. Also... small niggle but why does Lara not appear to wear a bra? All her outfits with strapped vests no bra straps... surely she would at least be wearing a sports style one? I think it can look quite cool layered underneath tops visible.
It would be more realistic as well.

Colour wise I love this Lara in red so maybe mostly neutral but with a dark/burnt red top.

Last edited by Jen_TR; 01-02-19 at 21:49.
Jen_TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 21:50   #14
New Dwight
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Self-explanatory title. Although to be specific, what would you like to see as Laraís main outfit, or outfits if you would like to see a few main ones, similar to Rise.

Personally, I would like to see the Shadow outfit return in the next game, along with a few new ones as part of the main storyline. The Shadow outfit could have pants or shorts, I donít care which.

Discuss.
Shorts, shorts, and shorts.
Learn how to dress Lara! Especially in hot ass weather!
Old 01-02-19, 22:03   #15
Maverin
Archaeologist

I always loved this one (and it's sister outfit with shorts)

I also really like every outfit from TRIII, the main outfit from Legend in all it's colour variants, the desert tank top outfit from Rise (aka Syria outfit), the TRIII Antartica remastered - I really like that one! Shadow's main outfit and the adventurer one.

I also want to give a shout-out to this one, which is a little underrated IMO. I love the orange colour, fits so well in the snow.

Old 01-02-19, 22:08   #16
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Sporty gear. The original blue leotard was used because it was sporty and it makes sense for Lara to wear athletic, flexible clothing for what she does.
Was it a leotard? And I thought it was green.

I thought we had a thread like this before. I'll just make a short list.
1. Classic outfit.
2. South Pacific outfit.
3. Nevada outfit.
4. Angel of Darkness outfit with shorts.
Old 01-02-19, 22:16   #17
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_TR View Post
More simple outfits, sport based more than hiking style with the trousers etc. Also... small niggle but why does Lara not appear to wear a bra? All her outfits with strapped vests no bra straps... surely she would at least be wearing a sports style one? I think it can look quite cool layered underneath tops visible.
It would be more realistic as well.

Colour wise I love this Lara in red so maybe mostly neutral but with a dark/burnt red top.
Oooh no, I hate it when bra straps show! I think it's an old-fashioned idea that it's tacky, but I can't get over it . Apparently Lara's white top under the TR'13 top had built in support, I think it was the same for the Syria top. You're a coplayer, what do you do for those tops?
Old 01-02-19, 22:33   #18
_Seth
Explorer

My idea for modern interpretation of the classic outfit is as below. I got inspiration from this particular picture of Karima, where the colours are rather desaturated. The Anniversary outfit provided a good basis to mod to what I see as a contemporary portrayal of the original outfit. I like the idea of her having a top instead of a tanktop like the opening scene of the first Jolie film with it being a grey-blue, and I like the idea of having the backpack, shorts and boots be a very dark - almost black - brown. So the colours are still classic, they're just a bit more matching, a bit darker and desaturated so kind of works with any "mood."

With better colouring and texturing (that I'm not talented enough to mod,) and current gen graphics, I don't think a recreation would be horribly out of place.

To be fair, though, this would only really be for if classic Lara ever came back, so not really relevant maybe, but I still wanted to share it.
Old 01-02-19, 22:39   #19
New Dwight
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I always loved this one (and it's sister outfit with shorts)

I also really like every outfit from TRIII, the main outfit from Legend in all it's colour variants, the desert tank top outfit from Rise (aka Syria outfit), the TRIII Antartica remastered - I really like that one! Shadow's main outfit and the adventurer one.

I also want to give a shout-out to this one, which is a little underrated IMO. I love the orange colour, fits so well in the snow.

Give me shorts if the next adventure is somewhere hot and arid!

Yes love remastered outfits, if they understood that more.
Be nice to some remastered DLC outfits for Shadow like TRIII south pacific.
Old 01-02-19, 23:17   #20
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Was it a leotard? And I thought it was green.

I thought we had a thread like this before. I'll just make a short list.
1. Classic outfit.
2. South Pacific outfit.
3. Nevada outfit.
4. Angel of Darkness outfit with shorts.
Its green, sometimes, in renders.

Honestly her Leotard is pretty much the most inconsistant outfit ever, sometimes it's just a shirt, sometimes its blue, sometimes it looks green and sometimes its an actual leotard.