Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 29-09-22, 18:09   #71
Tommy123

Popping in Tomb Raider Legend and running around in the mansion for the first time.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-22, 21:10   #72
Cat Woman

Not sure which TR games…….. but the one with the flying mutants u have to kill on each shelf level to make it up to the top. and some of the motorcycle timed sequences to get out of the temple. and one particular timed race, climbing up tanks, etc. to grab the relic before it disappeared (had to get a gamer to get it at the time as I wanted them all).
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-22, 15:47   #73
James_Rutland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
Popping in Tomb Raider Legend and running around in the mansion for the first time.
This. TRL gave me the freshest new "TR" game feeling ever. And I'll never forget exploring Lara's mansion for the first time since TR3.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 20:36   #74
crowhazard

I’m sure I have many but let me just share the ones that immediately come to mind:

The ending to Assassin’s Creed II where Ezio enters the Vatican, defeats the Pope, and is visited by the image of an ancient humanoid called Minerva who speaks through him in order to warn Desmond of an imminent catastrophe.

Brotherhood, Odyssey, and Valhalla all contain similar moments right at the very end that shook me when I first played. Killing Lucy, finding the Staff of Hermes Trismegistus, and reuniting with Desmond in the Grey.

As for other franchises, Red Dead Redemption 2‘s Chapter 6 ending with Arthur’s last moments genuinely made me cry. The ending to the second epilogue also sticks with me just because of how shocking it is once you realise that everything in the first game happened because John took up the lead Sadie had on Micah.
crowhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 12:05   #75
PallasAthene

All of TR 1996 just blew my tiny child mind and it will stay with me forever, particularly the Greece and Egypt levels like Palace Midas, Sanctuary of the Scion, the Cistern and St. Francis' Folly.

Running around the first level of Spyro the Dragon (I got the game on my birthday). I can't think of many happier gaming memories.

Arriving in the main hall in the Spencer Mansion in the 2002 Resident Evil remake. Terrifying.
PallasAthene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-22, 13:33   #76
jarekhanzelka

Solving the Le Serpent Rouge puzzle in Gabriel Knight 3.

Exploring Outskirts of Vizima and being hit with that irreplacable atmosphere in the original Witcher.

Everything about Saskia in The Witcher 2.

The Red Baron's ending, Geralt finding Ciri, the battle of Kaer Morhen, and all of Hearts of Stone in The Witcher 3.

Being snatched and taken to the Unesen Village, and a great many of the boss battles in Bloodborne.

Not sure how well it'll stand the test of time, but I've a feeling that leaving the Stormveil Castle after some 50 hours of playtime only to be overwhelmed by the realization the far greater portion of the game still lays ahead in Elden Ring
will stick with me for good.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-22, 20:34   #77
Zsott

Hmm... there are a few, but most importants:

Seeing my father playing Doom (I think): some spider like balck creature jumping on the face and sucking health away, making him reply that sewer segment 10x times...

The Witcher: reaching the lakeside and its quests.

The Witcher 2: having the choice over Shile's fate

The Witcher 3: the entire Blood and Wine dlc, especially when chaos rises by the end of it.

RDR 2: when Arthur gets diagnosed with tbc, and I spent a good amount of time to looking up, if he's curable or not. Ended up semi spoil the ending for myself...

LiS: end of episode 4, where Chloe gets killed. I hated the wait to the finale...

TR 3: when I managed to defeat Tony for the first time

TWD franchise: stopping Clem from eating human flesh, frustration of choosing between Kenny and Jane, Mariana's death and finally the plot twist of the finale's finale.

Fallout 3: Deciding the fate of the residents of Vault 112 .

TLOU: the overall bittersweet feel of the dlc, knowing, that Riley is going to die.

TLOU 2: the fatigue and frustration I felt when I had to fight Abby for the last time. I think it went too far, Ellie should've let her go way sooner.

The entirety of Harry Potter 1-2 on pc. No HP game can close to those...except the 5th.

The entire of 'the Journey': it's linear, but it's so relaxing...also I appreciate, that you'll end up playing with someone and they get credited by the end of the game!
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 19:17   #78
perryloo

Well other than the Tomb Raider series which has many video moments, I would say 'Shadow of the Colossus' was just one big video game moment to me, all due to the realism of the characters and the scenery. Also the fact that it was in real time, ie, it took time on horseback to get anywhere made it most realistic. The realism of the battles with you battling not only the giant monsters, but also gravity and inertia, trying to hold on.

Only downside was killing the poor creatures, I felt really sorry putting the sword in to deliver the final blow. I eventually got round that by having save points at every battle arena and just fought the creatures up to the final point before killing them and then moved onto the next creature using a savepoint.

If you have never played the game, you should try it, as its one amazing game

perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 19:46   #79
HarleyCroft

^That's cool, I still remember the days when enormity was limited by draw distances so when technology really opened up the space it was magical to see the quick progression.
It can still be done well, in God of War 2018 Jörmungandr the world serpent gave me that feeling of smallness The tone of his voice might have had something to do with it, it really vibrates out of the TV speakers something fierce.

In Arkham Knight when Batman is walking around the nuclear reactor or something, limiting the ratio of a blast knowing he is literally giving his life up for Gotham still sticks with me. The whole time you are pressing on, very slowly going through the mechanical motions as Alfred is pleading for you to leave. I think the controls may subtly get slower and less responsive too

I don't think Batman is normally a deathseeker but during that point of the trilogy (quadrilogy if you count Origins, which I do because it's great) you can really feel his tiredness, both physically and emotionally in the sense that society will always breed evil no matter how much you stamp out and it seems like the only thing he has ever wanted out of life is to sacrifice himself. Not even publicly as Bruce Wayne, but in complete anonymity with only himself (and maybe Alfred) knowing that he has died the ultimate death of purity and he can finally rest.

Anyways it's been years since I played it and found a video but watching isn't nearly the same as it was playing it. It ends with some of that classic Arkham mindscrew but shortly after 5 minutes in the Joker kind of ruins it

Last edited by HarleyCroft; 24-11-22 at 20:02. Reason: why does my autocorrect not spell quadrilogy right
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-22, 18:17   #80
jeffrey van oort

Default Videogames.

Sonic the Hedgehog videogames. My mom taught me how to play Sonic. Sometimes we've stayed up late with my dad my sister, and my mom, playing videogames with Sonic from SEGA. Sometimes there was pizza too. Good memories.

Devil May Cry 3 - The special edition.
The scene in where the bad guy reveals that he dressed up as a clown for you to get you where you needed to be, and that Lady cries after he dies.

Tomb Raider II - The dagger of Xian.
When I've first played this, I've had never played any other videogame yet. I was impressed by the underwater levels, and the music in the background. (I didn't know Tomb Raider I back then).

Jazz Jack Rabbit 2 - This is the first 2D shooter side scroller that I've played, and I've later also created some 2D levels for JJ2 with the level editor.

Tomb Raider level editor. To build levels of my own made a very big impression on me. After the Tomb of Ramses, I've heard about the chance to work on a TRLE community level. Because of TRLE, I would later aspire to learn how to develop games professionally. What was once like real magic.

Resident Evil 2 The main hall of the RPD Police station. The music carried the whole Resident Evil 2 experience. After a few rooms you would get back to the mainhall, and feel a little bit safer, guided by the music in the background. Eventually you would get to the train cart, and take this ride to the lower levels of Raccoon City. The moment before you start up the train you have a nice view on the water towers on the background. They still think it was the rats.

Resident Evil 5 First game that I knew, where it was possible, to drive through the desert getting chased by Ganados while shooting a minigun, and getting help from your partner who is also shooting Ganados. (Multiplayer). I would later learn about what videogame modifying is.

Tomb Raider Legend There isn't another Tomb Raider game that I've played as much as this one. It has been a huge part of my life. The Croft Manor is easily the best level. I would return to play just for that. I gave up TRLE for this.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Endurance mode. That the maps are always different, gained my interest to continue to try to get more days.

Darksiders When War reaches what seemingly seems the center of the stage, and finds a red huge demon, I was like I'm ready to battle you. But something different happened. It is odd that the Angels do fight you. . . . Maybe that was a higher science.

Black & White build a town, and care for your creature. There are some parallels that could be drawn to real life, but I've never felt like a god. There was always someone crying out for your attention. A slave to their needs, so to speak. The DLC is more fun. I was happiest playing with my creature, not having to attend to anyone else.

The Fifth Element When I've reached the Egyptian temple, playing felt a little bit like playing a Tomb Raider. Solving puzzles to open doors. Totally didn't realise that when all the switches were pushed, I was already in the possession of the key to open the door. I've spent some time looking for more switches. Playing with the original soundtrack CD enabled their tracks instead of the game CD music, and that is really cool.

The Thing This game continues where the first film finishes, and completes some of the questions that I was left with after the film. The voice recorder........ The moment Whitely says that he is living proof that the virus can be controlled, is sort of like Jacqueline Natla saying that she can evolve the world with her Atlantean technology. Obviously Lara says no. And so did Blake. But the computer, and Whitely suggested that they've already experimented with Blake, yet the bloodtest is always negative with Blake. It made me wonder. Did Blake temper with the bloodtest? He would escape the Antarctics with someone from the first film in a helicopter.

Star Trek Elite Force This was my chance to become an ensign on a federation starship. The game is really cool, when you have the DLC you can walk around the USS Voyager, and talk to the crewmen on the ship. LCars menu system. There is also a holodeck scenario with a saloon that made a big impression on me. & Captain proton of course. Invaders from...

Earthworm Jim I was young, and didn't play many games back then, it took me a while to learn you could swing about lashing on to grapple points. Barrels, and oozes, and cows? LoL. Netherlands right? <3

Boogerman A guy that is bald, wears a red cape, and his boogers are flinging towards his opponents. Even teleporting from one nose, to another nose. And there were toilets. Awesome.

Altered Beast You could select a green altered beast as player 2. I always wanted to be the green one.

Columns I wasn't very good at this.

Warioland (gameboy) A pirate got beef with you, and you want coins. Easily the best gameboy videogame. The different abilities that Wario has by wearing different hats is cool. I think that Wario did this before Mario started doing this.

Baten kaitos each npc has a skillset you can use against your opponents, the environments are beautiful and the effects are magical.

The path of Neo. I have played enter the Matrix as well. And the path of Neo plays like that, until you upgrade Neo. Then Neo can levitate objects, and stop bullets. When you get to the room where your friend is captured, the opponent will levitate heavy items towards Neo. You can stop these heavy items mid air with the skill to do that, and swing them back towards the opponent from which they came. Sharing the heavy load turn from turn as in the meantime there is a battle between the three of you.

Spider Solitaire. I don't know anyone who has a computer, and didn't play this card game.

Gaint Citizen Kabuto. Build your town, defeat the opponent, and thrive as civilized beings. The story is beautiful.

War Craft 2 A top down videogame, orcs vs humans. Build your town, and mine your ore. This is the only one I like from the War Craft series. At around the same time period I've played Star Craft, which is a similar idea but with space like creatures. Fascinating.

The legend of Zelda: The Windwaker. There isn't a triangle. But there are three. I like the cartoon graphics. In the flashback the colours turned sepia, and that is awesome. I was busy for many hours trying to complete this.

Catwoman. Following the story of the film. It was really cool to fight some baddies in a catsuit dressed as a Catwoman.

DC Universe Online. The best MMO that I know. Since Halls of Power & Home Turf DLC I was hooked. Trying to collect base items to make my base look cool. Build more stuff. I would later become inspired to draw, and make some of the characters in 3D, and render them. Much of my time went into this.

Mad Max: Road warrior. Driving a car through the desert makes beautiful pictures, especially with the stars out at night.

X-men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse There isn't another videogame that I know where you can battle the Phoenix in a team. The danger room makes this possible, and as the Phoenix is built stronger than the others this is an interesting danger room challenge. Also there are popquizzes.

There are plenty more games that I have played, but I've remembered these above, the most.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote