Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 22-07-19, 02:23   #1
Sir Launcelot

Default Political correctness strikes again

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mis...z&ocid=DELLDHP

The truth hurts, but it's still the truth.

This girl spoke the truth, and got crushed for it. So wrong...

She's not even white, she's Chinese, but according to the powers that be behind political correctness she's now a racist and a religious bigot too. Maybe she's an honorary white person now?

How do SJW types reconcile the fact that to be truly politically correct these days, you must believe in the approval of a religion that crushes women's rights while at the same believing that women must be freed from sexual persecution and objectification by males?

They must have some very interesting neural circuit breakers in their heads.

Anyway, your thoughts...
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 02:33   #2
JCGaming
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mis...z&ocid=DELLDHP

The truth hurts, but it's still the truth.

This girl spoke the truth, and got crushed for it. So wrong...

She's not even white, she's Chinese, but according to the powers that be behind political correctness she's now a racist and a religious bigot too. Maybe she's an honorary white person now?

How do SJW types reconcile the fact that to be truly politically correct these days, you must believe in the approval of a religion that crushes women's rights while at the same believing that women must be freed from sexual persecution and objectification by males?

They must have some very interesting neural circuit breakers in their heads.

Anyway, your thoughts...
Yes but if your in a public position and say the slightest thing out of line you'll be in trouble I find SJW's amusing with all their self righteous BS.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 02:49   #3
Catapharact

Arrow

Oh my goodness! Are you telling me that an Organization decided to peg out one of its representatives because their opinions did not line up with the views of the top Brass of said Organization?

Now where have I seen this issue happen before... Oh right... the Office of the Rotten Tangerine.

Here is the thing; She is allowed to say anything she wants as it is guaranteed by the first amendment (no matter how inaccurate it might be... Yes, Context matters; Especially when I can twist the same issue upon her as well. I can make a broad idiotic statement on a matter that wouldn't make sense at all without Context. I mean, statistically speaking, Most White People are killed by White People as well; Maybe they should look at fixing their community before blaming others. See? How ignorant.)

HOWEVER, when you sign a contract with a Private Organization stating that you are going to play by their rules if you want to be part of that Organization then unfortunately, you have no one but yourself to blame when issues such as past tweets that you decided to post without context come to light and you are thrown out of the Organization for it.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 02:55   #4
lance6439

Nothing to do with SJWs. Just her being a piece of crap and the trash was dealt with.

Quote:
Zhu is the vice chair of the University of Michigan's College Republicans group and she is a Donald Trump supporter. She said she was discriminated against by the organization and the tweets were "statistics and facts."
Not surprised

Also. Here's a better title for this thread:
Miss Michigan Loses Crown Because of Racist, Islamophobic Tweets

Last edited by lance6439; 22-07-19 at 02:57.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 03:00   #5
sheepman23

There is a strong difference between the truth and stating the truth in a manner that absolves more privileged communities of all wrongdoing. The statement "Fix problems within your own community before blaming others" is incredibly ignorant considering that the black community is often concentrated in impoverished and more violent-prone areas because of the actions of white people in our history. People have an extremely hard time understanding this concept and it bothers me tremendously. It doesn't matter that she's not white either; there's no free pass.

I understand the sentiment of the second message because Islamic oppression of women is a very real thing, but again, calling out an entire religion in a generalized statement is wrong.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 03:08   #6
Catapharact

Arrow

Some of the issues she brought up are worth looking into though if you truly want to understand the issue at hand.

I will back her up on the issue of Black deaths in relation to police shootings. Statistically speaking, most Black related deaths happen at the hand of Police Officers not because they are "racist" but because the subject of the arrest in question either:

a) Resists arrests and try to harm the officer in question.

b) All non-lethal means of subduing the subject have been exhausted and the subject has now turned into a violent problem for both the Officers and the Community at large (Tasers have a 80% failure rate people; Just keep that in mind.)

c) The subject in question decided to pull a weapon or tried to reach for the Officer's Service Pistol.

On her tweet related to Muslim Women and Hijab... Well, see its a complicated issue.

Its true that the trend of making the Hijab a fashion statement for a lot of Muslim girls is on the rise and a lot of Muslim Girls have gotten into Brand Names and styles when it comes to Hijabs. However, from a personal POV of the individual wearing it, it might be a personal religious statement.

A booth on a college might be set up for Non-Muslims to try the Hijab out as a Fashion statement because to someone who doesn't believes in Islam, the Hijab might be nothing more than a piece of Fashion accessory and they might be curious about it. So I don't see the harm in letting someone wear it as a Fashion statement.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 03:48   #7
charmedangelin

Black on black crime is a high rate and I agree with her. So much focus is on one thing while the other thing is completely ignored.

Second I agree about the hijab, it's ridiculously to treat it as a fashion accessories when there are many women out there who are killed for not wearing it or wanting to take it off. You can treat it as a fashion accessory here because no one can or will come after you for not doing so, but that isn't the case else where and I can understand why she would not be ok with that.

Plus I thought I remembered learning that it was a special garment in Islam and in some ways people wearing it without even understanding the significance of it to the Islamic faith is akin to me dressing up like a native American and treating it like it's just a fashion accessory when some of the things they wore held significant importance to their culture.

I won't say anything more about it
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 04:03   #8
tomblover

If the tweets were comprised merely of statistics and facts (which, according to what was quoted in the article, none of them were, but never mind that) - would she really have felt the need to delete them?

It will never not be funny to me, how people can in one breath claim to not have done anything wrong, and yet in the next they'll be hiding their tracks like it was going out of style.

If you didn't do anything wrong, the least you could do is commit to that belief. Especially if the penalty (which a private company is fully within its rights to exercise as it sees fit - and yes, this includes bakeries not serving faggots, or whatever else) has already been carried out.

We all know the screenings that go on for these kinds of pageants are invariably (and always, by some measure, unfairly) rigorous - and the personal interviews are the height of PC melodrama, anyway. World peace, Windsor waves, and so on.

It's expected that these kinds of comments would be seen as unacceptable to the distinguished panel of judges.

Sis is just livid that she lost her title - and hell, I would be too. Except, I'd probably take this as a teachable moment about sticking to one's craft, above all, versus whining about it to mass media...

Last edited by tomblover; 22-07-19 at 04:09.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 12:10   #9
Mickybyrne20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
There is a strong difference between the truth and stating the truth in a manner that absolves more privileged communities of all wrongdoing. The statement "Fix problems within your own community before blaming others" is incredibly ignorant considering that the black community is often concentrated in impoverished and more violent-prone areas because of the actions of white people in our history. People have an extremely hard time understanding this concept and it bothers me tremendously. It doesn't matter that she's not white either; there's no free pass.

I understand the sentiment of the second message because Islamic oppression of women is a very real thing, but again, calling out an entire religion in a generalized statement is wrong.

I think you've hot the nail on the head here. Telling black people to "first sort out the problems within your own community" isn't particularly helpful to the point that a large amount of black American's are poor, and impoverished.

Poor education, rotting infrastructure, and low investment. Often or not struggling, poverty stricken communities turn to violence. Nobody's saying it's justified, but there are issues that need to be addressed.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 12:48   #10
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
HOWEVER, when you sign a contract with a Private Organization stating that you are going to play by their rules if you want to be part of that Organization then unfortunately, you have no one but yourself to blame when issues such as past tweets that you decided to post without context come to light and you are thrown out of the Organization for it.
It's still organized obedience training. With an agenda. And they are far from the only organization participating in it.

RE: Her tweet on blacks, it was more aimed at the fact that black on black crime takes a lot of lives each years percentage-wise, which is true, compared to other races.

What she actually said:

Quote:
Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks?
Again, (painfully) true.

Now, if you have "sophisticated politically correct thoughts", then whitey is actually to blame for all this since generations ago a bunch of southern massahs were making them pick cotton and tobacco for free. Therefore, it is forbidden to blame black people for any nefarious acts they commit, ever.

So when a black person sticks a crack pipe in his mouth, or holds up a 7-11, or caps a fellow homie with a stolen Glock, then it is all whitey's fault, because "muh political outrage".

Yes, SJWs, I confess, we actually make black people do all those bad things, because we're racists.

* picks up puppet controller to make lance6439 go hold up a 7-11 *

Last edited by Sir Launcelot; 22-07-19 at 12:52.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote