www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old Yesterday, 20:13   #17441
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
This, I am over the moon happy that the next movie may likely feature Lara being even closer to classic then before. She was really good in the first movie, she already had some wit and some sass, can't wait to see more.
Yaas!

They could still have a short montage showing all of her progress though!
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:49   #17442
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I would like a similar tone to the first but I'm all for Lara having a bit more confidence in herself and personality. Alicia has been at a few events and done a few bits of press for The Gloria's and it's likely that Ben will do the same soon too for Rebecca so hopefully between them both we hear a lot more about TR2.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; Yesterday at 20:50.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:43   #17443
Rai

Alicia says she's hopeful they can start filming next year. Well I'm hoping that means early next year, like by spring. I suppose it depends on Covid (sigh), but I hope they can get planning for her training. I mean if they're looking at showing off Lara a few years after the first film with new skills, then I assume this means Alicia will want to at least look the part, she put the work in for TR2018, so I think she will again.

As for tone, yes I'd like some fun and humour. It was my impression that the origin story was meant to be one film only and the first film already added in some wit and Lara felt closer to the comic version. Though I don't want to steer too far from survivor Lara either, with a bit of vulnerability and I wouldn't want the film to lean to too campy either.

Last edited by Rai; Yesterday at 21:48.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:49   #17444
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I wonder if the shooting date will affect the setting of the film. Assuming they will shoot in the Spring in South Africa which is summer season as was rumoured I wonder if they will use a sunnier setting rather than the snow which a lot of us are expecting.
Old Yesterday, 23:08   #17445
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I wonder if the shooting date will affect the setting of the film. Assuming they will shoot in the Spring in South Africa which is summer season as was rumoured I wonder if they will use a sunnier setting rather than the snow which a lot of us are expecting.
Probably not, if I am honest. With fake snow, cleverly built exterior sets, CGI and proper colour grading during editing, you could still shoot a convincing-lookong winter during summer.

It feels more like it is the characters that are being currently edited and not necessarily settings and overall plot.
Old Yesterday, 23:38   #17446
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I'm happy Alicia sounds so enthusiastic for this and seems more sure that it's going ahead.
Old Today, 01:28   #17447
shojea
Hobbyist

Default Does anyone know who these people are?

I've been wondering this for so long! In the first film from 2001 Lara says she'll be "calling in a favour" to get to Cambodia in time. Then we see a photo of her and a group of men but there's no mention of who they are exactly. Does anyone know? Was Lara in the military at some point? I can't find any mention of it anywhere!
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dENxZ35bl...001-002351.jpg

Last edited by shojea; Today at 01:30.
shojea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:50   #17448
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shojea View Post
I've been wondering this for so long! In the first film from 2001 Lara says she'll be "calling in a favour" to get to Cambodia in time. Then we see a photo of her and a group of men but there's no mention of who they are exactly. Does anyone know? Was Lara in the military at some point? I can't find any mention of it anywhere!
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dENxZ35bl...001-002351.jpg
Yes it’s just implying she has a military background. You aren’t meant to read too much into it. Not everything has an elaborately planned out backstory to it.

It’s really just “Here is photo of army people. She know army people.” That’s it
Old Today, 06:56   #17449
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

She says "I'll ask them to return a favor" "if I tell you I would have to kill you" I think that just like in TRLCOF she works for the queen, in the movie they imply that she worked for the army or secret service in some mission (related to archeology I imagine)
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote