Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 27-07-21, 07:27   #31
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
I agree. I think a remaster would do as much as a remake would, and be cheaper.

What would a remake do?
Push the franchise back to relevance with full force.

A remaster can only do so much.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-21, 16:42   #32
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Push the franchise back to relevance with full force.

A remaster can only do so much.
It’s still run by EA and they’ll definitely run it back into the ground again given the chance.

Let the balloon float before popping it.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-21, 16:45   #33
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
It’s still run by EA and they’ll definitely run it back into the ground again given the chance.

Let the balloon float before popping it.
Hopefully the mistakes made with Dead Space 3 won't be repeated.

No co-op that no-one wanted or asked for, no microtransactions and no generic action hero that accompanies Isaac everywhere for most of the game.

Just Isaac and Ellie that's all I want in a future Dead Space game.

Oh and definitely no multiplayer, Dead Space 2 didn't need multiplayer at least there weren't any multiplayer trophies.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-21, 16:48   #34
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Hopefully the mistakes made with Dead Space 3 won't be repeated.

No co-op that no-one wanted or asked for, no microtransactions and no generic action hero that accompanies Isaac everywhere for most of the game.

Just Isaac and Ellie that's all I want in a future Dead Space game.

Oh and definitely no multiplayer, Dead Space 2 didn't need multiplayer at least there weren't any multiplayer trophies.
I just hope we get more scare and less action.
I felt like DS2 was the start of the decline of the franchise, but I know I’m in the minority of that opinion. I didn’t like how DS2 felt much more focused on weapons, action, and fighting and less about being scared and finding yourself in scary situations, even when nothing was truly happening in game.

I agree about the multiplayer aspect. Throw that out the window into the dumpster where it belongs.
Old 27-07-21, 17:39   #35
Jathom95

The positive part of me is hoping that the whole point behind it being a remake is that they're setting it up to be rebooted and 2 and 3 are essentially retconned or redone.

Dead Space had some great ideas for the horror genre, but imo it was a mistake what they did with DS3. They more or less wrote themselves into a corner with the whole Brethren Moons deal, and how do you possibly continue on from that? I know they supposedly had some ideas but I don't think anything was going to be satisfactory. They just need to go back the drawing board and start from scratch.

Last edited by Jathom95; 27-07-21 at 17:42.
Jathom95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-21, 18:31   #36
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I just hope we get more scare and less action.
I felt like DS2 was the start of the decline of the franchise, but I know I’m in the minority of that opinion. I didn’t like how DS2 felt much more focused on weapons, action, and fighting and less about being scared and finding yourself in scary situations, even when nothing was truly happening in game.

I agree about the multiplayer aspect. Throw that out the window into the dumpster where it belongs.
DS2 was still scary in places like when Isaac is confronted by a small horde of Necromorphs that used to be children, The Pack I couldn't remember what they were called I had to look it up.

At least DS2 didn't go overboard with the action like RE5 and RE6 did.

It was DS3 that killed the series that and whoever it was that decided that DS3 should have co-op, microtransactions and a generic action hero that accompanies Isaac everywhere for most of the game.

EA should take note about Capcom rebooting the series after the over emphasis on action over horror in RE5 and RE6, which Capcom of course had to mess up with the RE3MAKE after the reboot with RE7 and the far superior RE2MAKE.
Old 27-07-21, 20:28   #37
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
DS2 was still scary in places like when Isaac is confronted by a small horde of Necromorphs that used to be children, The Pack I couldn't remember what they were called I had to look it up.

At least DS2 didn't go overboard with the action like RE5 and RE6 did.

It was DS3 that killed the series that and whoever it was that decided that DS3 should have co-op, microtransactions and a generic action hero that accompanies Isaac everywhere for most of the game.

EA should take note about Capcom rebooting the series after the over emphasis on action over horror in RE5 and RE6, which Capcom of course had to mess up with the RE3MAKE after the reboot with RE7 and the far superior RE2MAKE.
I don’t remember any scary parts of DS2 but I’m definitely not saying it wasn’t scary. I just don’t remember anything haha
I think DS2 was an alright game, but to me it took the survival horror out of franchise and made it more about “Heres an arsenal of toys meant to kill monsters, have fun!” The focus of survival horror took a back seat and it was more about blasting monsters. It had moments of tension and fear but not the same way the first game did.
Old 11-03-22, 18:06   #38
DragonSlayer

Dead Space remake rumoured to have been pushed into 2023
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...into-2023.html

If it's true then it's being done to meet the expectations of fans.

Hopefully things that fans don't want like co-op, microtransactions and an unnecessary generic action hero that accompanies Isaac everywhere for most of the game pretty much everything that was bad about Dead Space 3 won't be added to the game.
Old 12-03-22, 03:11   #39
Quebsenuef

I hope they release more footage of the game. Something to show us what it’s like and how it looks.
Old 12-03-22, 04:50   #40
TR1249

That ain't rumored, they confirmed it themselves lol

https://twitter.com/deadspace/status...C2Vmp6Y2Q&s=19
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote