www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 18-11-21, 00:45   #481
justin
Professor

A bug certainly makes sense. I had an issue where I couldn't recreate the Shatter8/9 object (only breakable by templar). No matter what OCB I used, or which slot it was in, Lara could break it with the pistols, or sometimes the shotgun.

What I had to do was create a dummy static object that was a bit bigger than the shatter object to prevent Lara from shooting the Shatter, while still allowing the Templar to break it (bullets won't go through the Dummy Static, but Templar's sword will).

Then I just triggered the dummy to disappear when the shatter shattered. It was a convoluted workaround that shouldn't have been needed, but it worked for my application (luckily).

This may work for you, since explosives should also get past any dummy static collision.
Old 18-11-21, 01:03   #482
maati139
Explorer

Thanks, I will keep that solution in mind but still I'm looking for some more global, scripted solution because I need to implement this to the whole game, in many places.

update:

It seems that I can use CUSTOMIZE= CUST_SHATTER_SPECIFIC, CROSSBOW_AMMO3_ITEM, GRENADE_GUN_AMMO1_ITEM, GRENADE_GUN_AMMO2_ITEM and ocb8192 to have effect like with old ocb 1024.. or at least I didn't find at moment any further problems with that solution. If this will not work, I'll make another update with solutions.

Last edited by maati139; 18-11-21 at 01:31.
maati139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-21, 03:56   #483
justin
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maati139 View Post
update:

It seems that I can use CUSTOMIZE= CUST_SHATTER_SPECIFIC, CROSSBOW_AMMO3_ITEM, GRENADE_GUN_AMMO1_ITEM, GRENADE_GUN_AMMO2_ITEM and ocb8192 to have effect like with old ocb 1024.. or at least I didn't find at moment any further problems with that solution. If this will not work, I'll make another update with solutions.
Ah nice! I never even noticed that useful customize