Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 25-04-21, 19:09   #1
Woops

Default PC cheats

Hi everyone

For years, everyone thought that the PC version of TR5 doesn't have cheats. but during my decompilation project, ChocolateFan and I stumbled upon a few of them, that don't seem to be documented anywhere. so here goes!

a video:

Recorded on the Steam exe.

There are two cheats.
The first one simply unlocks the "special features" menu in the title screen. simply load any level, highlight the timex and press and hold "BITS" for a split second, then go back to the title and the special features menu will be unlocked

note: this cheat can give you all items/keys etc. in the level but only on the JP or demo exes!! it was removed from Steam/GoG exes. but on those exes you can also simply hit "I" anywhere in-game and you will get all items/keys etc. but the "I" on its own does not unlock the special features menu

The second cheat allows you to start at the beginning of any section in the game.
In the title, press and hold "FILTHY" (yes) for a split second, then (letting go of FILTHY) hit a number.
1 will load Rome
2 will load Russia
3 will load Ireland
4 will load VCI

Try them yourself

Hope you enjoy
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-21, 19:47   #2
klona
Golden

This reminds me of the PS1 cheat where you can go to any section you want from the main menu. Great find Woops!

Last edited by klona; 25-04-21 at 19:48.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-21, 23:07   #3
UroshUchiha

Don't have TR5 installed atm to test.
When you say press and hold BITS/FILTHY you mean like press those keys on the keyboard at the same time?
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-21, 02:34   #4
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Don't have TR5 installed atm to test.
When you say press and hold BITS/FILTHY you mean like press those keys on the keyboard at the same time?
For BITS, doesn’t matter. For FILTHY, I’m not sure. I had reports of someone saying it only worked for them to press the keys consecutively. I’ll have to recheck the code to be 100% sure. I just naturally press the buttons in order when do them..

edit: I can confirm that FILTHY requires you to press each button consecutively.

Last edited by Woops; 26-04-21 at 04:53.
Old 26-04-21, 05:03   #5
ANoDE
Golden

Very cool find

The jump to section code is especially useful
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-21, 12:12   #6
Wooxman

Interesting! Chronicles on PC also has medipack cheats that have been known since release: https://www.ign.com/wikis/pc-cheats/...onicles_Cheats

Quote:
Infinite Medpacks

For this cheat you must have less than 100% health and only have one medpack in your inventory.
  • In the inventory screen, press “look” and 9 and use your last medpack unlimited Large Medpacks.
  • In the inventory screen, press “look” and 0 and use your last medpack for unlimited Small Medpacks.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-21, 14:00   #7
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Interesting! Chronicles on PC also has medipack cheats that have been known since release: https://www.ign.com/wikis/pc-cheats/...onicles_Cheats
That’s actually an underflow glitch that depends on a bug with the hotkeys
Old 27-04-21, 09:43   #8
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
That’s actually an underflow glitch that depends on a bug with the hotkeys
Interesting! Probably makes sense, why else would they only put medipack cheats in the game and not weapon cheats and also have you cheat small and large medipacks independently from each other.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-21, 21:27   #9
lance6439

this is amazing
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-21, 12:08   #10
tomblover

Speaking of hotkeys, this is unrelated - but I put in the FILTHY cheat to go to Russia, and when I picked up the uzis, I wasn't able to quickly select them by hitting the 3 key?

Does this have to do with the cheat, or do the weapon hotkeys just not work in TR5, and I simply forgot?

(I didn't try the medi hotkeys - plus I believe my .exe is customized, so that might be part of the problem, but I thought I could ask anyway...)

Great find, by the way. It's lovely to be able to revisit individual sections of the game without having to keep a savegame.

Last edited by tomblover; 28-04-21 at 12:10.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote