Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 16-05-21, 14:39   #21
CircusBabysGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
I spent a fun rainy afternoon playing the interactive game! It has music queues from TR3 and really weird custom facial animations for Lara.. Jonell recorded some unique voiceovers for it too

..plus it's not like the official game's controls were much better
I contacted Jonell about this a few months ago and she confirmed that she in fact never did record any additional audio, she said that there was so much left over from her recording sessions they just reused that! Though I think she either doesn't remember recording DVD Instructions or they were part of some other pack where Jonell voices over the DVD Remote stuff.
CircusBabysGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 15:45   #22
Jathom95

Haven't updated this thread in a while, but coming back to mention that I actually found one of these for Chronicles as well. Same big clamshell case and everything.

Also, doing some digging, I've figured out that these are apparently Selectsoft releases and were considered "budget" releases (They don't contain any of the inner pamphlets or manuals and such). But honestly? I kinda prefer these. The old cardboard trapezoid box releases are way too fragile and flimsy to store properly. I've always preferred actual cases for long term storage.

Yes, I realize I'm in the minority here still buying physical games.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 15:54   #23
.snake.

This is the version I have, in the DVD style box with 2 disks (shown in your OP). I remember getting it when I was in London, summer of 2003, right when AOD was released. Couldn't wait to get home to Germany and play it

A month later I then got the Limited Edition release, which I think was just a German exclusive. That one came in one of those big cardboard boxes. The box was square though - I don't think AOD ever got the trapezoidal treatment that games 1-5 got, did it?

I now don't even play my disk versions anymore though, and instead just use my GOG version when I feel like firing up the game
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 16:16   #24
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
This is the version I have, in the DVD style box with 2 disks (shown in your OP). I remember getting it when I was in London, summer of 2003, right when AOD was released. Couldn't wait to get home to Germany and play it

A month later I then got the Limited Edition release, which I think was just a German exclusive. That one came in one of those big cardboard boxes. The box was square though - I don't think AOD ever got the trapezoidal treatment that games 1-5 got, did it?

I now don't even play my disk versions anymore though, and instead just use my GOG version when I feel like firing up the game
Same, though for AOD specifically I've just moved my retail install around for a while now (it's DRM free so you only have to back up the install path when moving). Just easier than reinstalling every time along with all of the mods. I've bought it off of GOG as well though just to have another backup if needed.

AOD didn't have the trapezoid style box, no. But it did have a rectangular style small box here in the US (complete with advert for The Cradle of Life plastered on the front lol). This is the one I've had for years until I found the one in my OP.

But something about keeping around these physical copies of games just gives me satisfaction. I love having tangible things in regards to hobbies and whatnot. Same with books.

Last edited by Jathom95; 03-09-21 at 16:33.
Old 11-01-22, 15:00   #25
Jathom95

Another thread update lol. So I just found one for Tomb Raider 2 too, and it's even the Gold version.

I really like these versions for collecting purposes. I wonder if there's one for each of the classics?

Last edited by Jathom95; 11-01-22 at 15:02.
Old 11-01-22, 19:11   #26
.snake.

Sounds cool. Can you post a screenshot when you get a chance?
Old 11-01-22, 19:24   #27
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Sounds cool. Can you post a screenshot when you get a chance?
Sure thing.

Edit: Here it is. The pics are a little zoomed in but it shows the case and full artwork - front and back.

Last edited by Jathom95; 11-01-22 at 19:36.
Old 11-01-22, 23:55   #28
.snake.

That does look really cool. I really wonder now if they do have these for all of the classic games, or at the very least the first 3 with the gold editions.
Old 21-02-22, 04:42   #29
DavidMrBurns1976

Default 2CD TRAOD edition

I have a similar 2CD edition, though issued by SOLD-OUT SOFTWARE (www.sold-out.co.uk) and distributed by KON TIKI MULTIMEDIA (printed in Czech republic, distributed there and also here in Slovakia).

The cover background is white with some yellow-to-red horizontal stripes going on there, with the actual TRAOD cover (as shown on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_R...el_of_Darkness) being in a frame in the middle of it. The borders are some 1,5cm from top, 2,5cm from bottom and approx.1cm from each side.

BTW on that white background, top left corner has the PC CD-ROM PLATFORM info, bottom is occupied by (L to R) KON TIKI and SOLD OUT logos.

The back of the case contains 6 screenshots and a text in both SLovak and Czech languages. And yes, of course, a bunch of tech / feat logos and stickers (e.g. NVidia, 24-bit sound, "includes Adobe Acrobat" and so forth) - as well as a KON TIKI's "target group of 12 years of age or more" sticker :-)

LbnL I also have a DVD edition as well, as a part of TOMB RAIDER ULTIMATE EDITION (coincidentally, this 3DVD set is rated PEGI-16) which contains TR1-3 incl. the expansions, TRLR, TRC, TRAOD, TRL, TRA (cz) and TRU (cz).

This TRAOD works better in that it can play FMVs without me doind anything about it - the 2CD edition ALWAYS produces and error (a 'though it's there it's missing' issue with EIDOS intro video).

I think I'm gonna figure out how to post pictures to share these.. :-)
DavidMrBurns1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 14:35   #30
Jathom95

Another update! This one's the equivalent of striking gold among the classics. A brand new copy of The Lost Artifact!

Last edited by Jathom95; 11-07-22 at 14:39.