Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 27-05-21, 19:53   #901
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
I'm trying to remember something about that specific one. Wasn't the reason that one was supposed to happen was because police were supposed to enter Le Serpent Rouge because of Lara turning on the music, and since she lost her gun it would make going back to the ground floor risky, so that's also why she exits at the top of the club.

I remember reading that somewhere, or something similar.
I'm not sure about how it would work in the story but for gameplay it makes a lot of sense since they did not want Lara to have lethal guns for some time so they probably gave her a gun in this level and made her drop it so she doesn't keep it.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-21, 20:37   #902
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
I'm not sure about how it would work in the story but for gameplay it makes a lot of sense since they did not want Lara to have lethal guns for some time so they probably gave her a gun in this level and made her drop it so she doesn't keep it.
Especially considering that Lara was originally going to have to use the underground passages to maneuver around the Parisian Ghetto because of the police. Having her lose her gun during Le Serpent Rouge would've put her at a disadvantage after getting out and make getting back to Pierre/Bernard much more difficult than just crossing the street.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 11:40   #903
Ruu11

I found this long ago and just made a little video about it:

Last edited by Ruu11; 11-07-21 at 12:43.
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 17:47   #904
_Seth

For the sake of historical preservation, it would have been cool if you didn't cover the footage of Lara in Kurtis' level with exclamation marks.

It was probably purely for marketing purposes. The N-gage wouldn't have been able to handle a PS2-looking game. We just might have gotten a cheap 3D corridor game.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 22:01   #905
Ruu11

^ You can watch the full/original video here ⬇ ⬇ ⬇

And yes it's hilarious that AoD could run on N-Gage, so this was probably just made for promo ^^
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-21, 23:12   #906
reborninshadow

So it turns out that this cutscene is still in the files, surprised no one posted it before.

To make it clear, I am not making this a mod or anything (I will if I can which I doubt it at the moment). Just posting for documentation

Last edited by reborninshadow; 13-07-21 at 23:24.
Old 13-07-21, 23:31   #907
Jathom95

Quote:

So it turns out that this cutscene is still in the files, surprised no one posted it before.

To make it clear, I am not making this a mod or anything (I will if I can which I doubt it at the moment). Just posting for documentation
I has to look closely since it was kind of dark. Wow! Is that the cut Le Serpent Rouge cutscene, the one where Lara's supposed to lose her gun?

Last edited by Jathom95; 13-07-21 at 23:34.
Old 13-07-21, 23:35   #908
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
I has to look closely since it was kind of dark. Wow! Is that the cut Le Serpent Rouge cutscene, the one where Lara's supposed to lose her gun?
Yep, it's still in the files of that level.
Old 13-07-21, 23:40   #909
Jathom95

Quote:
That's so amazing that it's even there at all. So much uncovered even after all these years.

I still wonder to this day what that switch behind the stage light controls was for, the one that doesn't actually do anything. I remember seeing posts in the past, possibly from one of KIKO's threads, that it was supposed to turn them on so you could see which one didn't work. No idea for sure though.
Old 14-07-21, 08:05   #910
Zsott

Quote:
Interesting... but what would be its purpose?
I mean, let's say, the player has an active gun; this cutscene plays out with said gun. Inventory gets emptied gunwise. Player descend to the dancefloor to pick it up and suddenly all the guns are back? (normally we'd have 3 or 4 different by that time)
Or alternatively they wanted to endorse the stealth mechanics + melee combat, without going after that dropped weapon... maybe that unused switch in the DJ booth would've played some role in it too.
Nevertheless it's interesting to look at their tought process.

I just saw tis video. Some of them were new to me, like the dog's ability to climb.
I used to cycle trough almost all of the character's animations and I don't remember seeing that.

The most important is the biodome creatures.
First all three plants are still in the game, two of them are still animated, and one of them can harm Lara.
My questions:
- would it be possible to add/edit the gas/plant's data to be able to harm Lara?
-the flytrap like plant can harm Lara, but still can be seen later on in the level; can that plant be replaced (since it became static object) with the animated one?
- finally do you think, or can you check it out if the giant flower still has its animations?

Those are tiny things, but it would add a lot to the game's atmosphere !

Oh, one more question: what do you think about the disabled eye movements? Do you think it can be reenabled? Not right now, but maybe in the future?

-

It's interesting to see how Putai would've been introduced, not to mention, that now we finally know of that removed FMV's place!

Last edited by Zsott; 14-07-21 at 08:09. Reason: typo
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote