Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 30-05-21, 06:24   #1921
Brendanlovesu1

Wow, never heard those new lines before
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 09:32   #1922
dg1995

Lmao. Lara is hurt that Werner has "abandoned her in tomb" while she also did the same to him when she was a child.

Also, why she believes that ? According to Chronicles, Werner was searching for her in Egypt non stop after the ending of Last Revelations.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 10:18   #1923
Zsott

nvm 20char

Last edited by Zsott; 30-05-21 at 11:43. Reason: interesting video on the previous page
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 14:19   #1924
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
Wow, never heard those new lines before
Yeah, those lines were in the text files, but up until now I don't think we've ever actually had audio of them. I wonder why Core wanted to downplay their history together so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Lmao. Lara is hurt that Werner has "abandoned her in tomb" while she also did the same to him when she was a child.

Also, why she believes that ? According to Chronicles, Werner was searching for her in Egypt non stop after the ending of Last Revelations.
Werner's involvement in AOD was sort of hastily thrown together. They wanted to use Jean Yves and have him be killed instead, part of why the game starts in Paris, and otherwise Werner was going to stay alive through AOD as far as we know.

That fell through when they couldn't use him anymore because of the real Jean Yves Empereur complaining about using his likeness, so they had to strip him out of Chronicles and AOD. And in AOD's case, they really didn't have much reason for Werner and Lara to be antagonizing each other at this point other than their shared history, so the impact sort of fell flat in that regard.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-21, 19:46   #1925
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post

She also broke into his industries (VCI) and stole the Iris from him. That must've stung a bit.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-21, 22:07   #1926
Jathom95

^ Yeah, that too.
Old 01-06-21, 06:48   #1927
dg1995

I kinda feel that Chronicles stories were heavily over-exaggrated by Winston, Charles Kane and Father Bram Patrick Dunstan.

Since in one of them Larson and Pierre die while they didn't die until TR 1.

Lara also kills a terminator in VCI which was a crazy idea.

Maybe the stories were much more simpler in the canon version and the narrators(3 Lara's friends) decided to make them more interesting.

So, I think only the cutscenes were Lara's friends talked to eachother were canon alongside the ending where Werner finds Lara's backpack.

Last edited by dg1995; 01-06-21 at 06:49.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 19:44   #1928
_Seth

I need some help understanding the whole door guard-shapeshifting-knocking-Lara out at the end of Galleries Under Siege. I guess, that was Karel because of the shapeshifting, but, why into Bouchard's door guard? Was it Bouchard that spoke to Lara in the car or Karel? I don't even know what I'm asking, I just... don't understand.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 21:36   #1929
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I need some help understanding the whole door guard-shapeshifting-knocking-Lara out at the end of Galleries Under Siege. I guess, that was Karel because of the shapeshifting, but, why into Bouchard's door guard? Was it Bouchard that spoke to Lara in the car or Karel? I don't even know what I'm asking, I just... don't understand.
It's a diversionary tactic throughout the game. Like Von Croy's death, it's ultimately up in the air just how much Lara is being helped by various people throughout the game or if it's Karel himself.

I've always taken it as shape-shifting into the Doorman, also being Bouchard's bodyguard, as being how Bouchard knows exactly where Lara is in the next scene. In essence, he relays that info to Bouchard and he finds her unconscious.

Bouchard is almost certainly still himself while in Paris. It's left ambiguous in Prague, but I'm 90% the Bouchard we see there and talk to is actually Karel. He knows too much that Bouchard likely wouldn't or wouldn't have access to even as a mob boss.
Old 08-07-21, 21:48   #1930
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
I've always taken it as shape-shifting into the Doorman, also being Bouchard's bodyguard, as being how Bouchard knows exactly where Lara is in the next scene. In essence, he relays that info to Bouchard and he finds her unconscious.
But the doorman is just a normal human, who presumably cannot shapeshift, so it has to be Karel, in which case, why is Karel jamming with Bouchard; he has more important Cabal things to be spending his time with.

Pardon my embarrassing ignorance, it's so complicated. XD
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote