www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 02-06-21, 16:17   #781
tomblover
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
that's a great point but the general question still stands.

Let's say I'm the client, own the character and you're the artist/director/whatever. I bring you every possible source material I can find (games, comics, promo material), a contract and an order : "Make me a new version that's still recognizable. No standards, no hitboxes, nothing.". 2 weeks later you present me your work, I notice differences up there and ask you what happened.
What is your answer?

To be clear, I know what one answer could be.
I want to know yours.
I mean, the hitbox is a factor here, in the case of how Lara appears in Fortnite - so I wouldn't say the question "still stands." That's why she looks like that.
The scenario you're describing appears to have little to do with the Fortnite model, and I was under the impression that's what we were talking about...

But, okay:

Are you asking me why she isn't a 34D cup, as detailed in her official biography?

Any difference in bust size (whether smaller or larger!) is down to my art style, and the art direction of the work in which this version of Lara Croft is to be included, or in which I pictured her inclusion at least.
Given that I was given the go-ahead to recreate her appearance under no particular restrictions, I am of the understanding that this is not an issue, so I await the PayPal notification for my efforts.
Old 02-06-21, 16:28   #782
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Any difference in bust size (whether smaller or larger!) is down to my art style
fired and blacklisted.

Next!
Old 02-06-21, 16:33   #783
tomblover
Legend

I see what you're saying, but you do realize an artist's imprint on their work is nigh-unavoidable?

I happen to be of the opinion that Lara's bust is maybe the tenth most important thing about her, on a top-ten list. It's not like my eyes go directly to her tits and I go "they have the correct curvature and heft, that's Lara Croft," you know?

She has other features that I think are more telling of her character. Her personality, yes, but I do mean other physical features as well. Lara Croft isn't blonde, for one.

That said, I wouldn't have a personal commitment to making her bust smaller, if I were in charge.

It all depends on what the rest of the game's going to look like...
Old 02-06-21, 17:52   #784
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoCroft View Post
The outfit and gear is what makes the character recognisable, even she had no noticable boobs at all u could still recognise the character. I don't see breasts as a defining trait of her original design.
Exactly. After all there are parodies of Lara that don't even have the big boobs and they're still recognisable as Lara-lookalikes.

Case in point:

Although this character is male, he's also pretty fat, so it would've been reasonable to give him big man boobs. But the designers of Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 didn't need to give him "le big brests" and yet he's still recognisable as a Lara Croft spoof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoCroft View Post
The choice to make her breasts smaller was made by the developers, I don't know exactly why but I'm also not going to get caught up in it.
The TR developers didn't make her breasts smaller. They made her waist bigger and gave her breasts a more realistic appearance which makes them look smaller as they do on a model with a unhealthily tiny waist on which the boobs almost tilt upwards because they defy gravity.
Old 04-06-21, 00:17   #785
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist

^Interesting. For me, the specific shade of green his shirt is indicates it's a Lara parody.
The socks with sandals, on the other hand..
Old 04-06-21, 02:08   #786
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^Interesting. For me, the specific shade of green his shirt is indicates it's a Lara parody.
The socks with sandals, on the other hand..
Lara might look like that if she had a sex change and gained about 100KG in weight.

Last edited by Greenapple968; 04-06-21 at 02:09.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote