Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 10-06-21, 18:01   #21
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Yes . I am working on a mod for readding cut voice lines to the game.
I know the answer to this is probably very obvious lol, but are you going to make a separate thread for Cut Dialogue Restoration? I'm only asking because I noticed you shared your first few edits on the first page of this thread. I figured that was just to give everyone a little taste of what's to come.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-21, 13:34   #22
Jathom95

Just found this, so apparently Kurtis' voiced lines are still in the files after all.

Last edited by Jathom95; 20-06-21 at 13:41.
Old 20-06-21, 14:06   #23
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post

Just found this, so apparently Kurtis' voiced lines are still in the files after all.
Yes luckily a lot of them are in the levels AWD files. Reborninshadows is doing amazing work by adding the fitting ones back in!
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-21, 14:58   #24
reborninshadow

Quote:
I know the answer to this is probably very obvious lol, but are you going to make a separate thread for Cut Dialogue Restoration? I'm only asking because I noticed you shared your first few edits on the first page of this thread. I figured that was just to give everyone a little taste of what's to come.
Yeah I will open a thread and since today is AOD's 18th birthday, I may do that today and show some of the stuff that I've done. There aren't many levels left for it's completion as well .
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-21, 15:27   #25
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Yeah I will open a thread and since today is AOD's 18th birthday, I may do that today and show some of the stuff that I've done. There aren't many levels left for it's completion as well .
Looking forward to it.

I also have a small suggestion for Dual Pickups specifically if you'd like to hear it.
Old 20-06-21, 15:30   #26
reborninshadow

Quote:
Looking forward to it.

I also have a small suggestion for Dual Pickups specifically if you'd like to hear it.
Sure, feel free to give me suggestions.
Old 20-06-21, 15:38   #27
Jathom95

I've been thinking about a good place to have the Dual Vectors as early as possible, even before Renne's. I think there's a pickup at Le Serpent Rouge that would do nicely. In the room on the ground floor there's an extra key in there next to a bundle of money. I can only assume it was put there by mistake, because it's a duplicate of the one you find in front of the stage light controls on the floor. Even if Lara runs in there before she has the key (such as when one of the gunmen open it) I've never had any trouble getting back out.

I think it would make the most sense to change that duplicate key on the ground floor to a dual pickup. Keeping the one at the top of the club fits better anyway with how Core has you backtrack in some of the levels to get certain items (i.e. the necklace in the locked closet in Parisian Backstreets). And it's fitting of the level as well since there's quite literally guns everywhere with all of the gunmen.
Old 20-06-21, 15:41   #28
reborninshadow

Quote:
I've been thinking about a good place to have the Dual Vectors as early as possible, even before Renne's. I think there's a pickup at Le Serpent Rouge that would do nicely. In the room on the ground floor there's an extra key in there next to a bundle of money. I can only assume it was put there by mistake, because it's a duplicate of the one you find in front of the stage light controls on the floor. Even if Lara runs in there before she has the key (such as when one of the gunmen open it) I've never had any trouble getting back out.

I think it would make the most sense to change that duplicate key on the ground floor to a dual pickup. Keeping the one at the top of the club fits better anyway with how Core has you backtrack in some of the levels to get certain items (i.e. the necklace in the locked closet in Parisian Backstreets). And it's fitting of the level as well since there's quite literally guns everywhere with all of the gunmen.
I could do that but the problem is that the pistols will just float in Lara's body if you equip them since there are no holsters in the denim outfit.
Old 20-06-21, 15:51   #29
Jathom95

Ah, I see. I guess it makes sense she doesn't have them anyway early on since they didn't want you having weapons for long until later in the game. That would be such a good reason to go through the trouble of going back to the ground floor though lol. The small bit of cash in vanilla honestly isn't worth it.

I've actually seen something somewhere that says that Lara was actually supposed to change into her camo outfit at some point earlier than Louvre Storm Drains. Don't know how true it is.

Last edited by Jathom95; 20-06-21 at 15:54.
Old 21-06-21, 23:15   #30
KIKO

@Jathom95 if you take one of Murti's docs into consideration (can't remember which one, sorry it's been a long time since I read through them), Lara was to find her first weapon at the Serpent Rouge (the desert eagle I believe) then lose it while hanging onto the lighting structure (Ash has a video on hiis YT channel where a portion of the deleted cutscene is shown). I'm almost sure that the empty MV-9 from the first level was a late addition. Then again the prima guide mentions one of the dual weapons at Derelict Apartment Block and the other one at the museum (to be combined into the dual weapons)

Last edited by KIKO; 21-06-21 at 23:17.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote