Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 11-06-21, 01:01   #81
Jathom95

What exactly did that fix entail anyway? Fixing the small hop, I know, but did Nakamichi ever note what was wrong with it exactly? I've never noticed anything strange.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 01:07   #82
LateRaider
Inactive

sometimes you veer left or right when hopping. this fixes it
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 01:22   #83
Jathom95

Hot damn! Now I have noticed that. Drove me insane during Breath of Hades. Great that it's finally fixed.

It actually worked correctly if you held down walk and forward at the same time while jumping, but of course that was somewhat inconvenient. Don't have to remember that one anymore.

Last edited by Jathom95; 11-06-21 at 02:41.
Old 11-06-21, 04:33   #84
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
sometimes you veer left or right when hopping. this fixes it
Yes indeed. The problem was that the last direction key you used while running/walking got "implemented" into a hop you performed right after. So when you first ran forward with a curve to the right and then hop, she would hop in a curve to the right.
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 16:07   #85
LateRaider
Inactive

the new version with the hop fix implemented has been uploaded. unless we get ahold of sasho or someone comes out with a new mod appropriate for Rescued in the coming weeks, i think that's that for a while.
Old 12-06-21, 18:30   #86
Jathom95

If you put out a new release at some point again, whenever that may be, you may want to apply the suggestion I gave to TRJTA in his HD Textures thread about applying the 4GB Patch to Sasho's exe patch. He plans to do so with his HD Textures mod, but I thought this would be good for a vanilla install too.

Admittedly, vanilla AOD probably never comes close to hitting the limit by itself. But it would be good for future-proofing. There may some potential minor performance gains even with vanilla, and it may still even be helpful if certain players run multiple programs alongside the game, which would contribute to the memory limit.

Up to you though, of course.
Old 15-06-21, 15:32   #87
UniMatrixXB

Thank you so much @LateRaider!

This Rescued package works pretty well, I highly appreciate this! I did all steps manually on my PC and now tried the Rescued pack on my laptop. I have a minor issue, maybe you have an idea what might cause it: Lara's in-game character model is flickering with black stains. I was trying to change the Character Quality from high to average but it didn't help... got any idea perhaps?
UniMatrixXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-21, 15:54   #88
LateRaider
Inactive

hmm maybe try pressing f10 in-game? i heard that can fix it. otherwise im not sure
Old 15-06-21, 16:20   #89
UniMatrixXB

Hmm thanks but that didn't do anything. I'm gonna try some other options then.

Another thing about the controls: I'm trying to play with an Xbox360 controller and used the JoytoKey files and the readme to bind the controls to the controller. It works fine mostly but it feels like there is something missing, I don't see anything about how to assign the stealth button to LT and sprint to RT, am I missing something here?

Also: Is there a way to use the right analog stick as a free camera (I know it is possible with the mouse)?
UniMatrixXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-21, 16:44   #90
Jathom95

F10 fixes Lara and Kurtis' hair clipping. It sounds like your issue might be a conflict somewhere. Not using any other character mods are you, like ones that give Lara different outfits? They're incompatible with the Corrected Cutscenes portion of SLAYER's Ultimate Patch from the modpack, as well as the Reduced Speculars. If it's due to the graphics settings, not sure what exactly would be causing her to flicker.

Not sure about the controller issues. I don't use one for AOD.

Edit: I did a quick search for this issue UniMatrix, apparently it's happened to other people as well. Try this. Go into your options, and where it says Colour Depth - if you have it set to 32 Bit D24S8 like LateRaider's readme states, change it to one of the other two. This apparently happens for some unknown reason on different configurations. Try that and see if it fixes anything for you.

Last edited by Jathom95; 15-06-21 at 16:58.