Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 02-12-11, 22:44   #1
Laras Boyfr.

Arrow List of AoD Tools

To keep things more organized, I will list here all the tools which let you edit,extract things,or modify in any way parts of "Angel of Darkness".
The goal is to get a step closer in the creation of a "AoD Level Editor".

Tools:
Its a command line tool, so it has no interface.
Screens
How to use:
Quote:

1.Download the self-extracting package (.exe format) and extract it to the directory where Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness audio files (.awd.clz format) reside - usually it is: C:\Program Files\Eidos Interactive\TRAOD\Data\Audio\,
2. From Start menu Run (shortcut 'Alt + R') - type "cmd" (or "command" on non-NT systems) and hit 'Enter'. DOS Command Prompt will show up
3. From Command Prompt, you can use this tool by typing, let's say: awd2wav.exe paris1.awd.clz. Usage of wildcards are also supported, e.g. awd2wav.exe *.clz.

Notice: Please be sure that you have enough space on your hard drive, before attempting to convert all sound files in one attempt. Whole converted package exceeds 2.5 GBytes. Also it may slow down, even crash your PC, especially if it has slow system configuration. That is why, you are advised to shut all programs/processes down before starting this tool.

Texture Editor
Author: Michiel
Description: Tool to rip tools from TR:AOD and use them in your custom trle levels or objects. Can rip room, lara and enemy textures. Needs Visual Basics 6 runtimes installed.
Also includes the unclz tool.
Screens
How to use: [Readme in download]

Texture Loader
Author: Iceberg
Description:New version for this application that reads GMX files, locates the room textures (not the character's textures) and dumps them all to disk as individual files.
Screens
How to use:
Quote:
For better accuracy, let the tickboxes empty and select and load the .gmx file where you want to rip from.
Click on "dump all" and select the folder where you want the textures to be saved.

CLZ Xpand
Author: Iceberg
Description:Utility to expand CLZ files GMX files. This version adds a Custom File Dialog, that replaces the built-in OpenDialog and SaveDialog, and some extras.
Screens
How to use: [Quite obvious]

Texmod
Author: Unknown
Description:TexMod is the program that extracts the necessary files from the game (in TGA, BMP, JPG, PNG, DDS etc format) and uses them after editing. This program gives you the option to preview the textures in the game before extracting.
Screens
How to use: [Tutorial]

3D Ripper DX
Author: Roman Lut
Description:With 3D Ripper DX you can:
- capture all geometry, textures and shaders, rendered during single frame;
- import captured geometry into 3D Studio Max or Maya;
- see what exactly has been drawn by each individual draw call;
- see renderstate, textures, vertex streams, index stream, vertex declaration, vertex and pixel shaders (including HLSL source code if available) of each individual draw call.
3D Ripper DX supports only DirectX 6.x, 8.x and 9.x applications. OpenGL, older versions of DirectX and software renderers are not supported.
Import plugin should work with 3DS Max versions 5.0-9.0, 2009 and 2011.
Screens
How to use: [Quick Guide] [Generally its sometimes uncompatible with AoD on some machines]

SCU
Author: Bokkie
Description: TRAOD SCU (Startup Configuration Utility) is a simple way to gain access to all the extra features within Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness.
Screens
How to use: [Help here]

GMX Tool
Author: Unknown
Description: Used for various other tools to convert compressed.gmx files to uncompressed .clz ones. It's a command line tool
Screens
How to use: [First part of this tutorial]

Position Editor

Author: sasho648 Yuuto
Description:the general function is that the program can edit char positions and displays their names. For example in paris1.gmx you can edit LARAD position, DOG postition and the police men. The program uses the RMX data inside the gmx and includes the ACTOR.db from the DATA folder. From that file the program gets the char names. I extend it again and now in the second version you can edit characters IDs.
Screens
How to use: [Tutorial]

Collision Extractor (XP) (Vista/W7)
Author:sasho648 , Yuuto
Description:Maybe you know that Michiel made a simple extractor long time ago which can unclz files and then extract gmx file to small parts. This parts includes the maps, animations... but they include too a tomb raider collision which places the objects at the map. The collision includes a big parts which we'll call maps because each of them includes a map positions. Except the map position they include a arrays of objects. This tool extracts and injects this "maps".
Screens
How to use:[Tutorial]

Actor Edit
Author: Michiel
Description:Tool to change actors into enemies or animatings.
Screens
How to use: Put the ActorDB file into the DATA folder of your TRAOD directory. Then when you open it, if you want to turn friends into enemies then fill it out like in the screen ^

Position & Co. Editor
Author:sasho648 , Yuuto
Description:I improved my tool and make it more user friendly - now you can change the values to float or dword, the properties boxes are now inside the dlgbox and I added more properties in the trigger objects. Now you can change them functions like make them load new level, change area, start cutscenes and more. Other things you can do is to change the positions like before. The functions type have id, hash and values for options which level to start or what upgrade you have..
Screens
How to use:[Tutorial]

- AoD File Formats
- GMX File Format

Last edited by Laras Boyfr.; 12-08-12 at 15:38.
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 22:45   #2
Laras Boyfr.

Reserved
Old 06-12-11, 00:38   #3
sheepman23

Neat stuff, I never realized you could actually edit AoD like this. Unfortunately I don't have a PC version of the game, so I'm unable to do any of this.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-11, 01:15   #4
LaraDuh

i think it needs a sticky.
LaraDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-11, 16:45   #5
WillG

Is there a tool to extract character files?
WillG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-11, 17:06   #6
Aurimas
Inactive

Thank you for making this thread. It is really very usefull.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-11, 12:02   #7
Laras Boyfr.

Updated with saschos Position Editor
Also Layout slightly changed for better viewing
Old 06-03-12, 12:19   #8
lemmy99

Default MAC Launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
Neat stuff, I never realized you could actually edit AoD like this. Unfortunately I don't have a PC version of the game, so I'm unable to do any of this.
Try this and see if it works for you

PPC Mac Launcher

Other stuff to follow
lemmy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 14:14   #9
KiMO

My God. :O This is actualy useful!
KiMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-13, 21:09   #10
Merx10

I can't get awd2wav to work. I have tried all the solutions and carefully followed all the instructions but nothing helps.
Merx10 is offline   Reply With Quote