Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 07-01-15, 02:39   #21
LateRaider
Inactive

No new screenshots yet, but I've done more testing and fixed more subtitles. v1.1 will be out when I beat the game again. Previous saves and such will be compatible with the new patch, of course!

Edit - New screenies!

Last edited by LateRaider; 08-01-15 at 00:48. Reason: info
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 07:15   #22
Peterstar101

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
What you can do: I also need help with a few things.

1. Check the subtitles of Lara telling you she can't make the jump on the ground of the Industrial Rooftops.
2. Check the subtitles at St. Aicard's Church if Lara doesn't have €200 to bet against the gym trainer for his watch.
3. Check the subtitles for Pierre and Lara's conversation if she just finished Bernard's path, and has never spoken to Pierre before.

If you could send me save files during those occurrences or test them yourselves, I'd be grateful. Thank you for your time!
If you just need to test out certain areas quickly, AoD SCU will be a tremendous help. You can easily select the level you'd like to play without having to play through the entire game.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 16:59   #23
LateRaider
Inactive

Oh, OK! I'll do that after I finish this play-through. I'm obviously not against anyone wanting to help, though!

Thanks for the tip, Peterstar101.

Last edited by LateRaider; 09-01-15 at 01:44.
Old 09-01-15, 08:29   #24
Alex Fly
Inactive

Quote:
Edit - New screenies!
Looking great !

Good continuation with your mod !
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 23:55   #25
LateRaider
Inactive

Thank you, Alex Fly!

I'm now aware of a current bug in v1.0 of the mod, where the last words of the Obscura Engravings and Obscura Paintings info-dump messages in Carvier's office get cut off. (The words "Paintings" and "useful," respectively.) I have found the cause and fixed them, and the bug fix will be in v1.1.

Last edited by LateRaider; 09-01-15 at 23:57. Reason: butterflies
Old 12-01-15, 07:37   #26
Zavi

Wow! Can't wait for this mod to be finished! Is it possible that we could include a higher resolution and cleaner font? I always thought that the AOD font was a bit blurry and cluttered.

Guys, we should make a multi patch just for AOD. This could be included as well as other numerous patches created for this game.

Last edited by Zavi; 12-01-15 at 07:54.
Zavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 23:54   #27
LateRaider
Inactive

I can't do anything with the font or graphics, sorry. The most I'd want to do with Tomb6's font is make the period bigger.

Honestly, aside from maybe making the combat controls just like the classic five games, I think the only major things left to do with Tomb6 are cosmetic things.

1. Needs a Statistics menu somewhere, maybe in the pause menu under Load Game / Save Game. It'd display kills, pickups, time, and how many power-ups Lara currently has.

2. I think the name of the weapon that's currently equipped, when it's drawn, should be displayed underneath the health and grip / air bars next to the ammo count. All the guns look so similar, and it's hard to remember which is which when you're scrolling through.

3. Permitting full configuration of all buttons and keys for controls.

4. The ability to turn off subtitles like in the PS2 game, and save that option to your save file.

5. Fixing the Razorjaw bug in the PC game, where it attacks, but doesn't inflict any damage most of the time.

These last three are just random ideas:

6. Maybe, as a bonus for beating the game, you could unlock A Pair Of Vector-R35's and some extra magazines available as soon as Lara gets her twin holsters. For beating the game twice, maybe you could get a A Pair of Scorpion-X Pistols and extra magazines for it. Or, instead of finding the regular versions of these guns upon meeting the unlock requirements, you could find the Pair versions.

7. Also, perhaps there could be some way to give you back the weapons you lose in the Louvre, save perhaps the Dart SS and the K2 Impactor. You do get so much ammo that you never really get to use... Perhaps you could find your former arsenal scattered across Werner's bedroom, or maybe in the first level of Prague to maintain challenge in the battle against the Cleaner.

8. An option to switch Lara's sunglasses on and off at will!

I do like the idea of a multi-patch, though. I never hoped to reach the same heights as Sasho's Fixed Controls & Much More or SLAYER's Ultimate Patch, but I certainly wouldn't mind being with them.

Last edited by LateRaider; 07-02-15 at 10:04. Reason: realized the pair guns and single guns share the same ammo
Old 13-01-15, 00:26   #28
Peterstar101

^ For beating the game; we should add back the credits that were removed from the PC version.
Old 13-01-15, 01:41   #29
LateRaider
Inactive

That too. I thought my copy was just peculiar, but I guess they're really gone. Hm.

Last edited by LateRaider; 13-01-15 at 01:45.
Old 13-01-15, 01:46   #30
Peterstar101

Quote:
That too. I thought my copy was just peculiar, but I guess they're really gone. Hm.
The PS2 version is the only one with the credits still intact. I may be able to re-add them