Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 09-07-15, 20:44   #1
Enya Brennan

Default General TRAOD Thread

Inspired by Jenny's amazing idea of having a general thread for TRIII, I thought this one would be equally useful. We have threads about how to make the game shine, about what the game did the best, Seth's awesome review, about the members' favourite levels... but not a place where we're able to discuss the game as a whole.

Quote:
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness is the sixth instalment in the Tomb Raider game series. It was the last game that was developed by Core Design who had developed the previous 5 games. With a new engine, stunning graphics, a remodelled Lara and new gameplay, The Angel of Darkness was one of the highly anticipated games of the Tomb Raider series.

Quote:
A series of grisly murders brings Lara into conflict with a sinister Alchemist from the past, and a secret alliance of powerful individuals shrouded in mystery. At the center of these mysteries are the Obscura Paintings - five 14th century pieces of art that the Alchemist is desperate to repossess. Accused of the murder of her one time mentor, Werner Von Croy, Lara becomes a fugitive on the run. Pursued by the police, she follows the Alchemist into a dark world of blood, betrayal and vengeance where it is up to her to defeat this unholy alliance, and stop them from unleashing their incredible powers on the world.

Let's discuss this masterpiece here!
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 20:45   #2
aidanmalone

Woooo!

There's so much to talk about and discuss for this game!
aidanmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 21:00   #3
peeves

What a nice thread.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 21:16   #4
aidanmalone

AoD is by far my favorite Lara! The face is perfect and I think her personality is spot on for the person she was crafted into
aidanmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 22:42   #5
LateRaider
Inactive

When I talk about The Angel of Darkness, one thing comes to mind.

YAAAAAS LARA YAAAAS SLAY ME BITCH SLAAAAAAAAAY

Anyway. I posted in the General Tomb Raider thread in General Chat that I'm transcribing the PS2 version's script. It can be found here. Any thoughts on it so far? I'm right before Le Serpent Rouge. I do intend to do the whole game.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 22:54   #6
LCTRF

Hands down the Tomb Raider game with the best story. Screw the whole AoD Bashing it was awesome and Lara looked never better, deadlier and sexier (in a non sexualized way if that makes any sense lol). The combination itself with the dark setting, paired with the whole story just makes her whole character so badass. And i loved the script of the game. The dialogues were great (especially the one with Janice lol) favourite quote from the whole game...

Quote:
Move along, ma cher, you make the place look crowded.
Janice, you are the best secondary character in a video game, we love you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
I posted in the General Tomb Raider thread in General Chat that I'm transcribing the PS2 version's script. It can be found here. Any thoughts on it so far?)
It looks very interesting, keep up the good work! There is a true fan working on that.

Btw never liked Kurtis that much as other people, but he was acceptable.
LCTRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 23:02   #7
LateRaider
Inactive

Thanks LCTRF! The branching dialogues are going to be the end of me, but I think I have a good enough system in place for them.

I also realize I forgot to describe the scene with Kurtis spying on Lara as she entered Le Serpent Rouge. That'll be in the next version.

Last edited by LateRaider; 09-07-15 at 23:03.
Old 09-07-15, 23:09   #8
LCTRF

Your surely have put some work on your own back, but than, I know how much fun it can be, I kind of transcribe dialogues of old Tomb Raider games into a headcanon detailed story, which Lara kind of writes in her own diary (like those she sell to finance her home, freezer costs and underwear).

Do you mean with branching dialogues these where you can choose which thing Lara says and will change some events? I would never get myself into that kind of twisted torture, but if it would help you, there was some sort of hidden text files of AoD flying around, containing the whole script I think. Perhaps somebody could help you where to find it (I forgot it unfortunately), it would make your work a lot easier I think.

Last edited by LCTRF; 09-07-15 at 23:15.
LCTRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 23:14   #9
Zhyttya

Lovely this game would have been the best TR if it had enough time to fully complete its projects...i say WOULD cause it's not my favorite TR.
Zhyttya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 23:27   #10
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTRF View Post
Do you mean with branching dialogues these where you can choose which thing Lara says and will change some events? I would never get myself into that kind of twisted torture, but if it would help you, there was some sort of hidden text files of AoD flying around, containing the whole script I think.
I actually have the whole script dump available. I was typing everything up manually, but instead I'm listening to the cutscenes multiple times, finding the dialogue in the script dump, and then pasting it into the text file with rudimentary descriptions. Then I add onto it once I have the dialogue.

I only have three branching dialogues left though in the whole game, so that's good. Then the only other bad part will be testing the multiple ways you can treat Luddick: be nice and have €800 for the Scorpion X, be mean, and be nice but not have the €800.

With how much V-Packer Ammo you have by the end of the game, I really do think you should get that cursed shotgun back after Paris.