Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 15-03-21, 08:57   #11
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Believe me they won't look too cartoony or out of place. But I'll let you be the judge of that yourself once I show the project to the community.
So that means fixes and HD textures can not be separated?
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-21, 11:55   #12
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
So that means fixes and HD textures can not be separated?
Not quite since upgrading the game's visuals made it necessary for me to make other changes to the level's materials. Also some fixes are implemented into the HD textures themselves.

Let's just wait and see what you think of it before wanting to separate them already. Trust me, I dislike mods/HD texture packs that completely change the look and feel of a game or that make the textures look too clean/cartoony just as much as a lot of you.

I'm very dedicated to remake the textures in a way that makes it almost unnoticeable that the textures are different (apart from being a lot more detailed of course). I only make the textures look clearly different when it improves the look of the level or when it makes something look more like the real deal (which is only in a handful of cases, for example the new horizon in parisian back streets and the realistic roadsigns in parisian ghetto). Mostly i strive for a very faithful 1:1 remake.

Last edited by TRJTA; 15-03-21 at 11:57.
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-21, 16:37   #13
Joey79100

I think the issue people are pointing at is that you were kinda implying that red_lion's work was unnecessary just because you did the same work for your HD project, while it precisely answers the wish of people who only want the fixes and not the HD textures. So red_lion's project is totally valid.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-21, 16:59   #14
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
I think the issue people are pointing at is that you were kinda implying that red_lion's work was unnecessary just because you did the same work for your HD project, while it precisely answers the wish of people who only want the fixes and not the HD textures. So red_lion's project is totally valid.
Ah yes when you put it that way I understand what you mean. Yes in that case it would indeed give a different outcome for other usage purposes. I never meant to imply other people's work would be unnecessary. It was just that I would want to protect someone from putting hours and hours into something that I'm already doing (which is indeed part of what I'm doing and won't be available separately by me)
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-21, 18:18   #15
red_lion

PARIS1B – Margot Carvier's Apartment
Note: Nakamichi680 has fixed all the errors.

REPLACEMENTS
1. Various paintings from Edouard Cortes (Pictures 1,2,3,4). This is 256.dds. Was 128x128 now 1024x1024. There are 6 paintings but only four used in in PARIS1B.

2. File 277.dds. Was 256x256 now 1024x1024.
- Painting of a woman holding the french flag (Picture 5).
- Painting of the unity of the French Republic (Picture 6).

3. File 295.dds. Was 256x256 now 2048x2048.
- Napoleon in his office (picture 7).
- Napoleon on a horse (picture 8).
- Coat of arms of French and English rulers (picture 9).
- More coat of arms (picture 10)

4. Four paintings of ships. File 301.dds. Was 256x256 now 1024x1024.
- First batch (picture 11)
- Second batch (picture 12)

5. File 311.dds. Was 256x256 now 1024x1024
- Map of France (picture 13)
- Map of Northern Europe (picture 14)

Download: PARIS1B.GMX.CLZ
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-21, 19:20   #16
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Ah yes when you put it that way I understand what you mean. Yes in that case it would indeed give a different outcome for other usage purposes. I never meant to imply other people's work would be unnecessary. It was just that I would want to protect someone from putting hours and hours into something that I'm already doing (which is indeed part of what I'm doing and won't be available separately by me)
this is red_lion's project thread, I don't think it's fair for you to advertize your project here for no reason whatsoever, indirectly diminishing his work (being intentional or not)
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-21, 11:34   #17
ATombRaiderFan

Very cool and great to see your project progressing already red_lion. Good job on finding all the artworks.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-21, 11:46   #18
red_lion

PARIS1C – Industrial rooftops

ISSUES fixed by Red_lion

1. The gasbottles are transparent on the inside. Enabled double sided material for 94.dds

2. The broken ladder just has textures on the the tops of the steps. It's missing faces on the sides and the bottom of the steps. Enabled double sided material for 12.dds

3. The side face of the roof trim is missing. Enabled double sided material for 235.dds

4. The faces from which the TL lamp hangs are invisible from the inside. Enabled double sided material for 122.dds

EXISTING ISSUES:

NEW ISSUES (and could not be fixed):

1. The broken lader missing a texture (this would be 12.dds)

2. Some poles that hold the fence missing a texture.

3. The graffiti is displayed in a double wall. It should be moved to see it.

4. The handle is missing a texture. A few metres away the handle is textured.

REPLACEMENTS

1. Lara can see from the top to the courtyard. There is a missing alpha channel for the fence texture. Replace 108.dds for the same picture from PARIS1.

2. The locker (109.dds) with naugty pictures on it was small, original 128x128. Replaced for a slightly bigger picture found at the Renne's Pawnshop level.

3. In the room with the big jump (she would have to get the update to do that). Changed the material 123.dds from "normal" to "overlay". The endresult is that lara can enjoy the view, sort of eyecandy.

4. Replaced textures with high resolution ones. These pictures are in the same dataset. This was probably due for loading the level faster. But in 2021 this should not be issue. These are: 246.dds -> 245.dds, 44 -> 43, 240 -> 239, 251 -> 250, 256 -> 255, 259 -> 258, 266 -> 265, 276 -> 275, 107 -> 106. (too much to display).

Download PARIS1C.GMX.CLZ

Last edited by red_lion; 28-03-21 at 11:51.
Old 29-03-21, 06:10   #19
ATombRaiderFan

Exciting to see AoD getting fixed up little by little. Thanks for sharing
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 16:57   #20
red_lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Exciting to see AoD getting fixed up little by little. Thanks for sharing
Thank you ATombRaiderFan

Last edited by red_lion; 31-03-21 at 17:49.