Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 03-04-21, 23:00   #21
red_lion

PARIS2B – Le Serpent Rouge

ISSUES fixed by Red_lion

1. These stairs are translucent from below
Enabled double sided material for Paris2B_Z01/157.dds

2. The bar chair is translucent from below
Enabled double sided material for PARIS2B_Z00/151.dds

3. The face of this lamp is missing/flipped. Also you can see the ticket booth has a texture on the front, but doesn’t on the back. Personally I would remove the front texture/make it 100% transparent/add a transparent alpha channel so you can see into the booth. Either way both sides should be the same of course.
Enabled double sided material for PARIS2B_Z00/35.dds and 113.dds.
Enabled special material: GLOW for PARIS2B_Z00/113.dds.

4. This light/electric box has a missing/flipped front face
Enabled double sided and special material: Glow for PARIS2B_Z01/140.dds

5. There are two little rooms were guards came from as you approach the rooms. I know you're not supposed to enter this room but perhaps you could make it just a less worse by making the material double sided?
Enabled double sided material for PARIS2B_Z00/145.dds, 169.dds, 184.dds, 186.dds.

6. There are some blue textures that should have a proper material. In Zone 1 these are under the workdesk, the stairs, and the roller shutter. In Zone 0 these are under a ticket booth, and in the moving lights.
For PARIS2B_Z01/213.dds, I assigned to material 118.dds.
For PARIS2B_Z00/171.dds, I assigned to material 97.dds.

7. The tires near the work desk in the garage is transparent on the inside.
Enabled double sided material for PARIS2B_Z01/200.dds.

8. The lamps in the hallway near the main room are not fully lighted.
Enabled special material glow for PARIS2B_Z01/169.dds

9. The lamps in the main room and in the backstage area are not fully lighted.
Enabled special material glow for PARIS2B_Z00/135.dds

10. There was a chocolate bar in the backstage area at the desk. First it was below the floor and I managed with the TRAODLE to alter the position to set it on the floor. So now Lara has two chocolate bars to pick up.
Altered Room15 → obj2 → z value to -1140,77

REPLACED:
1. Redid a poster with PNEU PONTEN description. Original 256x256 now 512x512.

EXISTING ISSUES:

Download PARIS2B.GMX.CLZ
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 23:12   #22
UroshUchiha

Watching all these makes me look forward to my next replay of the classics keep up the amazing work!
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 07:39   #23
TRJTA

Awesome job red_lion!
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 13:07   #24
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
3. The face of this lamp is missing/flipped. Also you can see the ticket booth has a texture on the front, but doesn’t on the back. Personally I would remove the front texture/make it 100% transparent/add a transparent alpha channel so you can see into the booth. Either way both sides should be the same of course.
Enabled double sided material for PARIS2B_Z00/35.dds and 113.dds.
Enabled special material: GLOW for PARIS2B_Z00/113.dds.

I agree with you that both sides of the ticket booth should be the same. Consistency is important.

Quote:
REPLACED:
1. Redid a poster with PNEU PONTEN description. Original 256x256 now 512x512.

Nice job finding a match for the poster. Also good job on all the other fixes as well.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 19:21   #25
red_lion

PARIS2D - The Willowtree Herbalist.

ISSUES:
There are no bugs known for this level.

REPLACED:
1. File 36.dds, A poster about accupressure.
Original was 128x128 now 512x512.

2. File 37.dds, a poster about a human with veins and skeleton.
Original was 128x128 now 1024x1024

3. File 38.dds, a poster about an ear and pressure points.
Original was 128x128 now 1024x1024.

4. File 39.dds, a poster about an red ear and pressure points.
Original was 128x128x now 512x512

5. File 35.dds, a Chinese text. I can't understand it so I could not find the original. I grabbed a text from wikimedia commons that look like a bit and altered so it looks nice when it is upside down (that happens in that level too). If someone knows the original what it says please let me know. Original was 128x128 now 512x512.
'

Download PARIS2D.gmx.clz.
Old 12-04-21, 21:57   #26
UroshUchiha

I asked a friend from Singapore about #5 and he said that sadly the image is too blurry to see the words. Based on the other pictures from that level it's either a traditional recipe for medicine or acupuncture. Which you already figured out most likely.

Tried googling a bit for Traditional Chinese Acupuncture/Medicine but there are too many books/scrolls and it doesn't help that apparently the image in-game is flipped horizontally says my friend.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 22:40   #27
Samz

Quote:
PARIS2B – Le Serpent Rouge

10. There was a chocolate bar in the backstage area at the desk. First it was below the floor and I managed with the TRAODLE to alter the position to set it on the floor. So now Lara has two chocolate bars to pick up.
Altered Room15 → obj2 → z value to -1140,77
Wait we're actually capable of moving pick-ups in AOD? I had trouble getting the LE to work personally but I thought you could only view the level with it?

So is this the only pick-up out of bounds (aside from that one Chocolate Bar in Kurtis' section) or are there others? I wasn't aware there was a Chocolate Bar that was out of bounds.

Pretty cool that it's possible. (now if only we could properly add pick-ups and enemies with it.)

Last edited by Samz; 12-04-21 at 22:42.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 07:47   #28
TRJTA

Red_liob,do you think it would be possible to move a door trigger too? The backstage door of Le Serpent Rouge should be located in the old metro cart area and not where it is now
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 15:22   #29
sasho648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Wait we're actually capable of moving pick-ups in AOD? I had trouble getting the LE to work personally but I thought you could only view the level with it?

So is this the only pick-up out of bounds (aside from that one Chocolate Bar in Kurtis' section) or are there others? I wasn't aware there was a Chocolate Bar that was out of bounds.

Pretty cool that it's possible. (now if only we could properly add pick-ups and enemies with it.)
Ok now I'll be that a hole to get all the hate but there is a reason personally for what I'm saying and that is the fact that fixing bugs and maintaining is after all possible and maybe even something I would like to do.

What I'm talking about is using the Sketchup exporter/importer (I'm pretty sure there was even a binary package for it that I posted somewhere) for object modification instead of the old TRAOD:LE.

Last edited by sasho648; 14-04-21 at 15:26.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 19:10   #30
red_lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
I asked a friend from Singapore about #5 and he said that sadly the image is too blurry to see the words. Based on the other pictures from that level it's either a traditional recipe for medicine or acupuncture. Which you already figured out most likely.

Tried googling a bit for Traditional Chinese Acupuncture/Medicine but there are too many books/scrolls and it doesn't help that apparently the image in-game is flipped horizontally says my friend.

Ah too bad. Thanks UroshUchiha for trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post

Yep it is TRAODLE1.1.1 from here: https://sites.google.com/site/tombra...tools/traod-le
If you have a .gmx file (not a gmx.clz) it can be opened. But to run the program you must have admin rights in Windows 8.

The chocolate bar out of bounds was one thing that needs fixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Red_liob,do you think it would be possible to move a door trigger too? The backstage door of Le Serpent Rouge should be located in the old metro cart area and not where it is now
I don't know, but you can try it.