Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 21-05-21, 18:59   #11
LateRaider
Inactive

oh thank you very much, i understand now. you're very kind to give me a quick reply.

have a great day
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 22:25   #12
reborninshadow

I updated the mod and added 3 additional scorpion clips thanks to LateRaider's suggestion. Let me know if there any issues please and I'll fix them.

I also released a new file which replaces 2 voice lines in the first level ("This looks like a safe area..." and "Don't keep me hanging around! ..." lines) with the ones from the PS2 version.

I don't see anything else to add to this at the moment so now I am working on a new mod for restoring cut voice lines from many levels. Here's a video of what I did in the first level for a test:

Last edited by reborninshadow; 30-05-21 at 22:29.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-21, 01:07   #13
LateRaider
Inactive

Oh damn that's so cool!! I'm looking forward to seeing the fruits of this. Thank you for adding more Scorpion X Magazines ♥ Now I can start on releasing the Tomb Raider: AoD Rescued pack

edit 1 - Your "Better voice clips for Paris1" patch seems to remove the line, "Now I've got my strength back, I can shimmy around that corner."

edit 2 - i just tested the improved dual pistol pickups in the prague half. very nice work. i noticed that with the "dual vectors found in the back of the cleaner's car" mod, 2 small medi packs in the monstrum crime scene are gone now though. one was under a trap door to the sewers that you use the claw hammer on, another was behind the chest in vasiley's. is it something like this 1 pickup was shared between the 2 places which is why they're both absent?

Last edited by LateRaider; 31-05-21 at 06:17.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-21, 09:31   #14
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Oh damn that's so cool!! I'm looking forward to seeing the fruits of this. Thank you for adding more Scorpion X Magazines ♥ Now I can start on releasing the Tomb Raider: AoD Rescued pack

edit 1 - Your "Better voice clips for Paris1" patch seems to remove the line, "Now I've got my strength back, I can shimmy around that corner."

edit 2 - i just tested the improved dual pistol pickups in the prague half. very nice work. i noticed that with the "dual vectors found in the back of the cleaner's car" mod, 2 small medi packs in the monstrum crime scene are gone now though. one was under a trap door to the sewers that you use the claw hammer on, another was behind the chest in vasiley's. is it something like this 1 pickup was shared between the 2 places which is why they're both absent?
I haven't touched that line at all so I'm not sure why it's gone but I'll look into it.

There was very limited number of pickups in that level and I had to change one of them entirely to make sure the pistols look correct in the inventory so I changed the medi pack. I could have left the one in vasiley's place although it would have to be another pistol, it can't stay as the medi pack. There should be something there though otherwise it looks silly so I'll probably put another gun there.

Last edited by reborninshadow; 31-05-21 at 09:32.
Old 31-05-21, 16:21   #15
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
I don't see anything else to add to this at the moment so now I am working on a new mod for restoring cut voice lines from many levels. Here's a video of what I did in the first level for a test:
I seriously keep having to do a double take here. It's hard to believe this is possible now!

Reborn, is it possible to tweak the triggers for other lines besides Lara's? One level I've always wanted to have some restored to is Derelict Apartment Block. The police that follow Lara in have cut lines referencing her moving from floor to floor. They also call for air support when she reaches the top, which explains how the helicopter in Industrial Rooftops automatically knows where she is.

I've heard the voiced lines somewhere before, so I'm 99% sure they're still there.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-21, 20:52   #16
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
I seriously keep having to do a double take here. It's hard to believe this is possible now!

Reborn, is it possible to tweak the triggers for other lines besides Lara's? One level I've always wanted to have some restored to is Derelict Apartment Block. The police that follow Lara in have cut lines referencing her moving from floor to floor. They also call for air support when she reaches the top, which explains how the helicopter in Industrial Rooftops automatically knows where she is.

I've heard the voiced lines somewhere before, so I'm 99% sure they're still there.
Yes, those lines are still there and I can trigger all voice lines, not just Lara's. However, the issue is that there needs to be enough triggers that I can repurpose to trigger those lines without breaking the level. This caused me problems on some other small levels and could do the same in this level but I haven't messed around with this one just yet so can't say for sure.
Old 31-05-21, 22:05   #17
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Yes, those lines are still there and I can trigger all voice lines, not just Lara's. However, the issue is that there needs to be enough triggers that I can repurpose to trigger those lines without breaking the level. This caused me problems on some other small levels and could do the same in this level but I haven't messed around with this one just yet so can't say for sure.
Yeah, I understand. I'm honestly just glad that we're able to do this at all.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 13:31   #18
PostArcade17
Inactive

Huge Thanks in put into the game files!
I use SCU but loot the game witout getting the right ammo from a right place is
messing my head up. I'm not sure yet Lara where to got the Duals.
Reading J.R. Mildford book but too blind to get the line..
Assasins or not..
The last week I get it from CoreDesign webpage and happily try it^^
Thanks again.
PostArcade17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 10:25   #19
ATombRaiderFan

This is a really cool mod reborninshadow. I like the idea of replacing some pickup items with dual pistols, and in other cases changing single weapon pickups to double weapons instead. Thank you for your hard work.

Also I don't think I've seen the quote "Uh ho! A guard dog. I'll try another route." before. Is it a line you've added back into the game?

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 09-06-21 at 10:26.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 10:45   #20
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
This is a really cool mod reborninshadow. I like the idea of replacing some pickup items with dual pistols, and in other cases changing single weapon pickups to double weapons instead. Thank you for your hard work.

Also I don't think I've seen the quote "Uh ho! A guard dog. I'll try another route." before. Is it a line you've added back into the game?
Yes . I am working on a mod for readding cut voice lines to the game.