Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 13-05-21, 17:32   #11
pharaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Did the bad relationships lead to her taking up prostitution?
So she might have been younger than Lara? I mean, according to the original bio, Lara was ... 33 ? 34 ?
pharaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 21:09   #12
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaea View Post
So she might have been younger than Lara? I mean, according to the original bio, Lara was ... 33 ? 34 ?
She might have been younger than Lara, yes.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 01:34   #13
.snake.

Quote:
How do you work that out?
It's a prostitute joke that I guess was lost on you.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 01:43   #14
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
It's a prostitute joke that I guess was lost on you.
Oh, I see. I'm afraid the joke did get lost on me; it's not a joke that I'm familiar with. Even if it was a joke that I'm familiar with I still might not have gotten it as I have a condition that makes me struggle with jokes and sarcasm. Apologies if I ruined the fun by not getting the joke.
Old 14-05-21, 03:53   #15
.snake.

Don't take yourself so seriously pumpkin, it's okay and no harm was done

Basically, to explain the joke: apparently when someone asks a prostitute how old she (or he) is the response is always "How old do you want me to be?" - as in, maybe she is actually in her late 20s, but the person hiring her for the night would prefer to imagine she is only 18 years of age. This catchphrase was made famous via the movie Pretty Woman with Julia Roberts. Therefore, Janice will pretend to be however old she wants to be for whoever pays her the right amount. Maybe Pierre likes to imagine her as a MILF in her mid 50s, but Bernard prefers to think of her as being barely-legal.

Joke explain. Joke ded.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 08:36   #16
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Don't take yourself so seriously pumpkin, it's okay and no harm was done

Basically, to explain the joke: apparently when someone asks a prostitute how old she (or he) is the response is always "How old do you want me to be?" - as in, maybe she is actually in her late 20s, but the person hiring her for the night would prefer to imagine she is only 18 years of age. This catchphrase was made famous via the movie Pretty Woman with Julia Roberts. Therefore, Janice will pretend to be however old she wants to be for whoever pays her the right amount. Maybe Pierre likes to imagine her as a MILF in her mid 50s, but Bernard prefers to think of her as being barely-legal.

Joke explain. Joke ded.
Thanks for explaining the joke to me. Apologies if I killed the joke by failing to initially understand the joke and needing to have it explained to me. It's a common thing for jokes to go over my head due to my autism; I struggle with jokes, sarcasm and numerous other things.
Old 14-05-21, 16:54   #17
Jathom95

Quote:
Thanks for explaining the joke to me. Apologies if I killed the joke by failing to initially understand the joke and needing to have it explained to me. It's a common thing for jokes to go over my head due to my autism; I struggle with jokes, sarcasm and numerous other things.
Hey, don't sweat it one bit Green. I don't have autism, but being quite introverted in real life - you tend to deal with much of the same things in regards to social cues. I hate telling jokes more than hearing one because oftentimes what I think is funny, apparently no one else does lol. And sarcasm was the worst for me because I'm too soft-hearted for my own good so I'd take people's words at face-value.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 17:50   #18
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
Hey, don't sweat it one bit Green. I don't have autism, but being quite introverted in real life - you tend to deal with much of the same things in regards to social cues. I hate telling jokes more than hearing one because oftentimes what I think is funny, apparently no one else does lol. And sarcasm was the worst for me because I'm too soft-hearted for my own good so I'd take people's words at face-value.
It's common for autistic people to have the problems that I mentioned but from reading your post it looks like non-autistic people can have similar difficulties. When you get to know me you'll see that I struggle with identifying jokes, sarcasm and banter, and I have a habit of taking things literally too. I'd like to thank you for being understanding with my problems.
Old 15-05-21, 07:18   #19
Heckler

I don't think Janice even knows how old she is anymore due to the profession probably requiring her to lie about her age all the time.

But if I had to take a rough guess, I'd also say late 20's at the very least. Her outfit and hair look very late 80's early/mid 90's to me for some reason. Especially with the puffy fringe, blue eyeshadow and the very red lipstick going on. Reminds me of what the teachers from my childhood used to wear. I was already a teen in '03 and I remember the younger girls used to go for more baggy clothes with those terrible baggy hats and sports bra tops they saw in pop music videos. Was usually that or a goth/grunge look before the emos and scene queens took over.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-21, 09:30   #20
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
I don't think Janice even knows how old she is anymore due to the profession probably requiring her to lie about her age all the time.

But if I had to take a rough guess, I'd also say late 20's at the very least. Her outfit and hair look very late 80's early/mid 90's to me for some reason. Especially with the puffy fringe, blue eyeshadow and the very red lipstick going on. Reminds me of what the teachers from my childhood used to wear. I was already a teen in '03 and I remember the younger girls used to go for more baggy clothes with those terrible baggy hats and sports bra tops they saw in pop music videos. Was usually that or a goth/grunge look before the emos and scene queens took over.
I thought that you were going to say that she doesn't know how old she is due to her lifestyle damaging her to the point where she can no longer remember stuff very well.

Appearances, outfits and things like that can be misleading. I've known a handful of individuals whose appearances are that of trends that were popular in decades that they weren't even alive in.