Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 02-06-21, 21:30   #1
LateRaider
Inactive

Default Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness Rescued

EDIT - NOW INTEGRATED INTO RESTORATION PROJECT. PLAY THAT INSTEAD. https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=226260

——————————————————————————————————————————

MODS INCORPORATED

1. SLAYER's Ultimate Patch | SLAYER

Collection of the most complete, best looking level files across all 4 AoD revisions. Includes some of SLAYER's own fixes.

2. Corrected Cutscenes | SLAYER

Various cutscenes now show Lara in her appropriate outfit. Mods that affect Camo Shorts and Camo Pants may be incompatible.

3. Corrected Strahov Cutscene | reborninshadow

Corrects the scene in The Strahov Fortress where Lara witnesses the Monstrum at work. She now wears her appropriate outfit.

4. Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness Levels Definitive Patch | nakamichi680

Fixes many flipped polygons and incorrect textures. Revises certain textures for an HD look.

5. Reduced Player Specular Effects | SLAYER

Shine effects on Lara and Kurtis' hair, skin, and clothes are reduced to look more realistic.

6. Kurtis Face Improvement | LateRaider

Based on SLAYER's Reduced Specular Effects. Improves Kurtis' eyebrows, lips, hairline, and teeth.

7. Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness HD Loading Screens (4:3/No Logo) | m.art.in

Faithful, high-quality remakes of the original low-quality loading screens.

8. Willowtree Herbalist Mouth Fix | nakamichi680

The Parisian Willowtree Herbalist shopkeep will move his mouth when he speaks.

9. Dual Pistols Pickup Mod | reborninshadow

Adds pickups of the dummied (but complete) weapons A Pair Of Vector-R35's and A Pair Of Scorpion-X Pistols to certain levels.

- A Pair Of Vector-R35's (Paris): Louvre Galleries

- A Pair Of Vector-R35's (Prague): The Monstrum Crimescene

- A Pair Of Scorpion-X Pistols (Prague): The Strahov Fortress

- Extra Scorpion X Clips added to The Strahov Fortress

- Extra Vector-R35 Clips added to The Bio-Research Facility

The Pair variants appear as single pistols in the environment, but will show correctly on Lara.

10. Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness Tank Plus - Rescued Edition | LateRaider

Improves character movement without changing the basic controls. Also includes essential bug fixes. This version is slightly different from standard Tank Plus.

GAMEPLAY:
- Face-to-face conversations can be skipped; voice line skip input is bound to Look.

- Player characters run at full speed.

- ONLY WHILE IN RUNNING OR IN WALK-LOCK, characters quickly step backward when Down is pressed. This happens continuously as Down is held. HOLD WALK TO WALK BACKWARD, JUST AS IN THE CLASSICS.

- Player position isn't locked as stringently during tutorial lines and smaller flybys.

- Player characters can now jump consecutively.

- Player characters can now shoot in midair and while rolling.

- Guns remain drawn while sprinting.

- Guns remain drawn while wading in waist-high water.

- Guns remain drawn while in stealth mode.

- Guns can be drawn while slinking along walls.

- When reaching a corner while slinking along walls, player characters can shoot around the corner from cover.

- Look mode is activated the moment the input is pressed.

- Walk mode is activated the moment the input is pressed.

BALANCING:
- Only 2 K2 Impactor Batteries are acquired per pickup.

- Only 6 V-Packer Shells are acquired per pickup.

- Enemies stagger much less frequently while being shot. Does not apply to Brother Obscura.

- Enemies no longer hear player characters draw guns while walking or in stealth mode.

BUG FIX:
- Player characters no longer swerve without player input while hopping.

- Aim-lock is removed the instant the last enemy near the player has been killed.

- After killing their current target, player characters now instantly target the next enemy.

- During aim-lock, player characters strafe more directly left and right.

- Lara's torso no longer extends unnaturally while aiming with the dual pistols.

- Lara now faces more horizontally after falling (Not diving) into water.

- While slinking along walls, player characters walk at full speed.

- Enabled heat haze effect; requires HeatEMBM.tga in the effects folder.

- Enabled Kurtis' Farsee effect.

- Enabled rotating gas clouds in Galleries Under Siege.

- Enabled snow in The Monstrum Crime Scene zone 1 (Low intensity / slow falling speed).

- Fixed crashing near lasers in The Strahov Fortress zone 2.

- Enabled underwater effects in The Vault of Trophies.

- The only input that skips cutscenes or FMVs is Esc key.

VISUAL:
- Double quality cubemap reflections.

- Double quality dynamic shadows.

- Double quality water reflections.

- High-quality cubemap reflections (Includes shadows and bumpmaps).

- Enabled high-quality grass shader.

- Enabled title menu demo video; requires TP_ROLL.MPG in the FMV folder.

- Health, grip, and breath gauges only appear when relevant.

- Aspect ratio for notebook fixed while in 16:9 displays.

OTHER:
- Player character stair animations disabled to allow for more moves, such as stealth and roll, on stairs.

- When picking up a copy of a gun already in your inventory, a multiple number displays next to their name. This is added in anticipation of a TR:AoD Restoration Project update coming eventually.

- Game logo doesn't disappear at title menu.

- Look camera Y-Axis inverted, as in the first five games.

- Pressing Alt+F4 during gameplay instantly quits the game.

- More sensible default controller bindings. Required for Rescued.

- Added Erik Pistelli's 4 GB patch for more virtual memory, leading to a more stable EXE.

11. Title Logo Cleanup | LateRaider

Makes several white splotches on the title logo transparent.

12. English PC Text Cleanup | LateRaider

Corrects grammar of every English line in the game, even the unused.

13. Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness Readme | Suikaze Raider

A copy of the original TR:AoD readme from 2003. Included so the "README" launcher option doesn't produce an error.

14. (ADVANCED) EAX Restoration Pack | Jathom95

Enable EAX sound to restore reverb and binaural panning effects.

15. (OPTIONAL) FMV Pack | LoreTheGamer, rewak

Color corrected FMVs pulled from the PS2 version. Provided as a separate pack.

Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdg...ew?usp=sharing

16. (OPTIONAL) Ending Credits Fix | nakamichi680

Adds the missing ending credits to the last FMV. Based off of rewak and LoreTheGamer's color-corrected FMVs. Provided in the above pack.

Last edited by LateRaider; 01-09-22 at 21:51.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 21:45   #2
Jathom95

Congrats on getting the thread set up and releasing this!

I checked the link just to test, and it directed me to the account sign-in page. Not intentional I'm assuming lol?
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 21:59   #3
LateRaider
Inactive

sorry i forgot gdrive defaults each file into restricted. it should work now
Old 02-06-21, 22:00   #4
ANoDE
Golden

This sounds wonderful! Can't wait to try it out
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 22:02   #5
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
sorry i forgot gdrive defaults each file into restricted. it should work now
Yep, works fine now. By the way, added a link to Rescued to PCGamingWiki for you, so anyone who checks AOD's page now will be able to find it easily.
Old 03-06-21, 06:23   #6
ATombRaiderFan

Great to see AoD Rescued is out already. I think this package, along with the summary in the first post will help to a lot of people who might not be able to keep up with the growing number of fan improvements made for AoD. Thank you LateRaider.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 10:27   #7
Brendanlovesu1

Fantastic, really well done

Downloading now
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 13:33   #8
UroshUchiha

I just went through this and it works pretty much as advertised.
Most of these I keep separated on my external HDD to use when I replay the game.

A few questions/comments though:
1. From what I can see this does not include the video needed to enable the idle video playback option in the Nakamichi680's multipatcher?
2. What exactly is "Reduced Player Specular Effects | SLAYER" again? I can't find it at the moment, If memory serves that was a separate download by Slayer cause they did not want to force it on people who did not like it but wanted the ultimate patch. I think I didn't like that "fix" so I never added it to my HDD. And seeing how the "Kurtis Face Improvement" relies on that I am wondering if there are any screenshots available of Before/After? I am not sure I ever saw the Kurtis Face Improvement patch.
3. I am still sad that we can't select what we want from the sasho648's Recovery Patch. I like some of the features it fixes/recovers. But not all. I'm not a fan of the new movement controls and legit prefer the OG ones so using this fix is a no no for me. I also remember there being a few patches by sasho that enable Police Men in certain levels and some hidden area? But those were not compatible with Nakamichi's fixes.
4. Saw that you updated Text Cleanup, glad to see that
5. None of the fixes by red_lion made it into this pack?
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 14:48   #9
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
I just went through this and it works pretty much as advertised.
Most of these I keep separated on my external HDD to use when I replay the game.

A few questions/comments though:
1. From what I can see this does not include the video needed to enable the idle video playback option in the Nakamichi680's multipatcher?
2. What exactly is "Reduced Player Specular Effects | SLAYER" again? I can't find it at the moment, If memory serves that was a separate download by Slayer cause they did not want to force it on people who did not like it but wanted the ultimate patch. I think I didn't like that "fix" so I never added it to my HDD. And seeing how the "Kurtis Face Improvement" relies on that I am wondering if there are any screenshots available of Before/After? I am not sure I ever saw the Kurtis Face Improvement patch.
3. I am still sad that we can't select what we want from the sasho648's Recovery Patch. I like some of the features it fixes/recovers. But not all. I'm not a fan of the new movement controls and legit prefer the OG ones so using this fix is a no no for me. I also remember there being a few patches by sasho that enable Police Men in certain levels and some hidden area? But those were not compatible with Nakamichi's fixes.
4. Saw that you updated Text Cleanup, glad to see that
5. None of the fixes by red_lion made it into this pack?
1. Not entirely sure on this one, I'll wait and see if LateRaider can chime in.

2. SLAYER's Reduced Specular effectively tones down the "shininess" that Lara and Kurtis can have in certain instances by reducing the specular's overall shine while not completely removing it. Some people tend to not like it because it can make them seem a little "flat" from not being as reactive to lighting. I've always personally used it because otherwise L&K always seem to be wrapped in plastic wrap. The "Kurtis Face Improvement" was posted by LateRaider to the Character Modding thread a little while back. He posted some screenshots and a download in that thread. Here's a link so you can see, it's the second post on that page.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...63356&page=124

3. Yeah, Sasho's patch isn't modular unfortunately. But what you're thinking of with the second part is the level tweaks he made to the Parisian Back Streets level. Those were an edited level file, separate from his exe patch and he released that much longer before any real AOD modding was really possible. As you said, it's not compatible with Nakamichi's patches. Although, I believe Reborninshadow was/is working on a version that is being built off Nakamichi's fixes as well as finishing up the beta training area to make it playable.

5. Late probably didn't include this one because, in addition to being a WIP that is currently on-hold by red_lion, it does more than just fixing flipped textures. Changes that everyone might not want like changing certain materials for objects. LateRaider wants this modpack to be as straightforward and as close to retail AOD as possible, just improved.

Last edited by Jathom95; 03-06-21 at 14:54.
Old 03-06-21, 17:03   #10
LateRaider
Inactive

I thought that the demo video was already included. I'll bundle it in with everything else, sorry about that. I'll answer your other questions when I get home from work.

It does look like Jathom pretty much answered everything for me actually

Last edited by LateRaider; 03-06-21 at 17:06.