Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 01-05-20, 09:24   #151
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
I believe that by putting the dagger back in its own place, the dragon's soul/ spirit is trapped back gain within; and it has made that huge wave of strong light that maybe scared the monks or even killed them.
Probably accurate, yeah. It would have been good if when Bartoli stabs himself in the Temple of Xian with it, a blue light emits all around and we see the temple transform into the Floating Islands.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 09:31   #152
laracroftswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
I believe that by putting the dagger back in its own place, the dragon's soul/ spirit is trapped back gain within; and it has made that huge wave of strong light that maybe scared the monks or even killed them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Probably accurate, yeah. It would have been good if when Bartoli stabs himself in the Temple of Xian with it, a blue light emits all around and we see the temple transform into the Floating Islands.
I agree with both of you. Maybe even when the monk returned the Dagger the trapdoor from the level fell and he was sent down? I also theorized that when I was younger. If that's the case maybe the purple/blue colored light emitting from the plinth when Lara approaches it would've been good.

Really just theorizing here. Peter Barnard (the TR2 FMV artist/animator) would definitely have an answer. If anyone would know how to contact him I wouldn't mind asking
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 23:48   #153
Kidd Bowyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maser View Post
The trap gauntlet at the end of the first level is stupidly hard for a first level.
Dunno about stupidly hard, but I will admit that sequence really smacks of "Everyone who plays this game has definitely beaten TR1, so let's keep 'em on their toes!"

Re: The Opening FMV, maybe I'm just being thoughtless, but I always kind of handwaved it as "magic is bloody dangerous". I mean, the Scion somehow alters creatures' DNA, the Infada Stone (sp?) seems to emit some kind of psychic radiation that drives people mad...I think the Dagger has a similar kind of destructive energy/aura that just...even if you're "doing the right thing", it'll still eff you up.

Hence why the best person to have many of these objects is an adrenaline junkie with zero interest in the godlike powers they possess.
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 17:42   #154
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Wait, that video was made by you?! I liked how TRII Lara literally got tortured deservingly in the vid...
The video wasn't made by me. I was just commenting on the fact that some of my most popular videos are the silly/random ones.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 14:21   #155
BlackWolftr

LOL for me this game is perfect There is probably nothing that I don't like in this game.
BlackWolftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 08:44   #156
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
TRII isn't worthy of praise but the abomination and forgotten piece of trash that is Anniversary holds all greatness..
Anniversary is trash.
Clank controls.
Easy to die character
2 centimetre length jumping.
Goofy ass damage anim.
Defining gravity.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 10:05   #157
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
Anniversary is trash.
Clank controls.
Easy to die character
2 centimetre length jumping.
Goofy ass damage anim.
Defining gravity.
tra is bad but not for those reasons, gameplay is so good compared to tru
imhothe problem are the colorless levels and the uninspired design. it just looks boring to me
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 11:34   #158
Mek

I agree with SrDanielPonces regarding TRA. The design of levels in Anniversary doesn't shine like in TR1. The atmosphere is dull too.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 12:35   #159
Greenapple968

The controls in Anniversary was probably the game's biggest downfall, in my opinion. I remember having a lot of inaccuracies with my jumping and running. I recall having particular difficult with the swinging and running along walls, etc.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 15:23   #160
Linoshi Croft

The grapple was an absolute disgrace. Traversing up the tower at the end was painful. Also, frustrating because it wasn't the players fault but poor game design.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote