Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 07-08-20, 10:54   #91
DragonSlayer

I saw it on the Sky News press preview last night that the ship that was carrying the Ammonium Nitrate that caused the explosion on Tuesday had been on its way to an explosives factory to deliver the Ammonium Nitrate.

That's a great idea bring a very volatile substance to a factory filled with other explosive materials.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 11:38   #92
DragonSlayer

I saw it on the Guardian website just now that a black man in Louisiana will continue to serve a life sentence for trying to steal hedge clippers after the state supreme court denied a request to review his sentence.

From the Guardian website.

Fair Wayne Bryant was convicted in 1997 of attempted simple burglary.

The five justices who rejected his appeal, all white men did not explain the reasoning for their decision which was first reported by the Lens a non-profit news site in New Orleans.

The supreme court's lone dissent came from the only black or female member of the court, Chief justice Bernette Johnson, she wrote the sentencing was a modern manifestation of the extreme punishments meted out to newly emancipated black men in the post-civil war era.

The sentence imposed is excessive and disproportionate to the offence the defendant committed, Johnson wrote.

Bryant 62 received the life sentence under Louisiana's habitual offender law which allows a person's sentence to increase based on their criminal history.

It seems more than a bit excessive to send someone to prison for life just for stealing a hedge clippers, especially when murderers, rapists, and psychopaths are frequently let out of prison early who inevitably will reoffend again.

A person's past criminal history shouldn't be used to increase their sentence, each case should be judged individually what happened in the past shouldn't be used in the present to increase someone's prison sentence.

A better idea would have been to sentence the guy to 200 hours of community service instead of an unnecessary life sentence for a minor offence.
Old 08-08-20, 12:07   #93
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Redownloading Grindr for the god-knows how many-eth time, with no intention to meet anyone of course because we're in pandemic but out of boredom.

The gays are thirstier than ever. So my inbox got flooded like never before (and I haven't done anything different) and some are getting impatient with me, they wanna meet. This is scary

There's also this one South Asian guy whose attention I caught, we tapped eachother, who I just want to marry. Haven't even spoke to him, I saw his eyes and just thought "husband.". I kinda don't wanna message because I don't feel good enough.
And I just deleted Grindr yesterday xD
I mean, I just assumed I'm gonna die alone.

I'm going to be doing a show next Saturday night and the flyer the guy made is literally the "graphic design is my passion" but unnironically. Damn, this is gonna be good hahahahaha
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 13:31   #94
DragonSlayer

I went to the petrol station half an hour ago for an ice-cream, as I was leaving I saw an idiot standing near the pumps smoking a cigarette I left as quickly as possible just in case there were any explosions similar to the Beirut explosion.
Old 10-08-20, 13:33   #95
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I went to the petrol station half an hour ago for an ice-cream, as I was leaving I saw an idiot standing near the pumps smoking a cigarette I left as quickly as possible just in case there were any explosions similar to the Beirut explosion.
I mean... I don't think that's quite the same thing...
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 13:46   #96
Quebsenuef

When I see someone try to take a bite or a drink of something and they forget to take off their mask. I chuckle, knowing full well it will happen to me eventually haha
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 22:31   #97
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
When I see someone try to take a bite or a drink of something and they forget to take off their mask. I chuckle, knowing full well it will happen to me eventually haha
What goes around comes around
Old 20-08-20, 19:31   #98
DragonSlayer

I saw it on the internet the other day that Germany has created a law that says people have to walk their dog twice a day.

How will they enforce such an unenforceable rule, will German police be raiding people's houses every day to check that they have walked their dog.
Old 24-08-20, 11:55   #99
DragonSlayer

I saw it in this morning's newspaper that kids paddling pools have been banned from outside people's homes in case burglars trip over them and hurt themselves.

Residents in a housing estate were given just 24 hours to get rid of the inflatables by Silva Homes in Bracknell UK or staff will deflate them and put the pools into storage.

It's always annoyed me that some people consider the rights of the burglar to be more important than the rights of the person whose house he is breaking into.

I don't know about elsewhere but here in Ireland it used to be the case that if someone's house was broken into, the homeowner was legally required to let the burglar do whatever he wanted and if the burglar hurt himself or was attacked by the homeowner the burglar could then sue the person whose house he had broken into and almost always received free legal aid while his victim would have to pay a large amount of money to defend themselves in court, it was somehow always overlooked that the burglar was committing a criminal offence, the way I see it the minute a burglar enters someone's house he has no rights and he deserves everything he gets.

The requirement of a homeowner to retreat and let the burglar do whatever he wanted was eventually challenged after a guy shot and killed a guy who had repeatedly burgled his house, the guy who killed the burglar went to prison for a while but was eventually released after it was was found that he was within his rights to defend his property from a criminal, now homeowners can defend their properties without fear of unnecessary repercussions and burglars and criminals can no longer sue their victims for injuries suffered while committing an offence.
Old 30-08-20, 12:03   #100
DragonSlayer

I saw it in one of this morning's newspapers that council chiefs in Nottinghamshire and elsewhere are looking at banning traditional fireworks displays over concerns about the health impact of the noise.

This comes despite zero complaints from the public about rockets being too loud.

One word, killjoys, while I agree that the noise from fireworks can be annoying to some banning fireworks displays is a knee jerk reaction especially as no-one has complained about the noise made by fireworks.

It said in the brief article that "quiet" fireworks or laser displays could become the norm on Bonfire Night to avoid causing distress to pets and people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, a report to be considered by councillors says for many people fireworks are considered a fun and enjoyable way of marking occasions but that there is a growing body of evidence regarding the health impacts of fireworks noise on people and pets.

There was no mention of specifically what evidence they have that's if they have any at all of the alleged distress to pets and people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.

Having quiet fireworks is a stupid idea and laser displays just wouldn't be the same.