Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-21, 01:27   #1001
ChocolateFan

This patch is not necessary anymore because Troye and I are working on a plugin that will bring back most of the TR1 enemies, including Bacon Lara.
Old 07-10-21, 07:04   #1002
loch

Hello, I've been trying to script a way for the dropped torch to retain it's flame but have more recently noticed in a couple levels that this is working already. Just out of curiosity is there a patch for this already fixing this? TY!
Old 07-10-21, 11:40   #1003
Caesum

This issue happens when you have too many flame emitters triggered in the level. Just turn off flame emitters when Lara is away from them (via script or triggers) and the torch should be all working again.

There are also patches in FLEP to enhance torch, those are 'enhance torch flame' and 'fix sprite bug'.
Old 07-10-21, 12:53   #1004
LoreRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by loch View Post
Hello, I've been trying to script a way for the dropped torch to retain it's flame but have more recently noticed in a couple levels that this is working already. Just out of curiosity is there a patch for this already fixing this? TY!
Flame disappears from the torch when you exceed 255 moveables in your map
Sadly there's no way to fix this in FLEP either, here it's explained why
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=900
Old 08-10-21, 00:17   #1005
loch

Ahh I see now, thank you both so much! I will have to account for this next time
Old 09-10-21, 17:58   #1006
Krystian

New version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14pk...Wq_pM7POq/view

Added patches:
  • Multi-pickup
  • Fix pedestal pickup bug

Fix pedestal pickup bug fixes a bug of TRLE, where you could collect pedestal pickup items (OCB 3 and 4) several sectors below the actual pickup, if Lara was standing on the square directly below it.

Multi-pickup patch enables TR 1-3 functionality of picking up several pickups at once, instead of picking up each item individually. Here's a demonstration video:

Old 11-10-21, 08:30   #1007
Woops

Incredible. Thank you so much for your work.
Old 11-10-21, 11:40   #1008
A_De

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian View Post
New version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14pk...Wq_pM7POq/view

Added patches:
  • Multi-pickup
  • Fix pedestal pickup bug

Fix pedestal pickup bug fixes a bug of TRLE, where you could collect pedestal pickup items (OCB 3 and 4) several sectors below the actual pickup, if Lara was standing on the square directly below it.

Multi-pickup patch enables TR 1-3 functionality of picking up several pickups at once, instead of picking up each item individually. Here's a demonstration video:

[youtube]sIx6R67mfF4[youtube]
Wow, that is really cool! May I ask, does it work also when pickup items' positions are not default, i.e. moved with TE or meta2tr? Also, does it work if one item has a small offset in relation to other item? And how many items can be picked up at once?
Old 11-10-21, 14:35   #1009
Krystian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Incredible. Thank you so much for your work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Wow, that is really cool!
Thank you, it means a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
May I ask, does it work also when pickup items' positions are not default, i.e. moved with TE or meta2tr? Also, does it work if one item has a small offset in relation to other item? And how many items can be picked up at once?
Yes, it works with off-center pickups, and the patch allows for an offset between the individual pickups. The max offset can be changed (from 0 up to 255 units, just under 1 click) in the patch settings. The only case where pickup may fail is on pickups placed on room portal connections, where pickup 1 is at the edge of one room, and pickup 2 is already within a different room. But such a case should be fairly uncommon and so I don't think it's even an issue

The patch also processes the special OCB of each pickup individually, eg. if one of the items has OCB 64 and a pickup trigger is under it, the pickup triggers will be activated. The same goes for respawning ammo with OCB 128.

There are only 2 OCBs excluded from multipickup on purpose, they are OCB 2 (for items extracted with crowbar) and OCB 256 for mirror puzzle. This was done to prevent potentially unavoidable buggy behavior. These pickups, even if in close enough distance, will still need to be collected seperately.

As for how many items can be picked up - the answer is there is no limit, however there is a limit of how many items get displayed in the bottom right corner. Tomb4 has a buffer of 8 pickup items to be displayed. So, to give an example, if you have 10 qualified pickups in one position, only the first 8 pickups will be added to the display, while 9 and 10 will not (but will still be added to inventory regardless).
Old 13-10-21, 07:34   #1010
A_De

Talking

Thank you for such a detailed answer, this is a useful info
Closed Thread