Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 29-11-20, 06:15   #21
JoelCaesar

They also removed the weapon finishers for some random reason.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-20, 06:34   #22
charmedangelin

Shadow is so tame the game may as well should have been rated T.

Even the cutscene where Amaru sacrifices that guy is censored. The camera is forced to look at the ground while he stabs the guy and rips out his heart above the camera. You only see the dead body when it falls down the stairs.

I honestly believe it was down to laziness. They didn't want to make so many versions of Shadow to comply with all the world regulations on violent content that they decided to make a global friendly version with few alterations for really strict places like Japan.

That's the only thing that makes sense.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 03:00   #23
JuditePrince12

If they are fine with censoring, the future games should just be T. The rated M rating for TR after 2013 adds nothing to the experience. Not sure why people would want that.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 06:46   #24
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
If they are fine with censoring, the future games should just be T. The rated M rating for TR after 2013 adds nothing to the experience. Not sure why people would want that.
It definitely did. The way Lara killed people and the stuff that was shown definitely earned the reboot games a M rating. I feel the M rating gives you more freedom with content at times. So I hope they continue with it moving forward. I also agree with charmedangelin I feel they got lazy and didn’t feel like doing what was needed for censoring the games where they needed to be censored so they just censored all of the games.

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 30-11-20 at 06:49.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 00:22   #25
JuditePrince12

I’m aware of the brutal kills. All I’m saying is that it literally didn’t really add anything. They were the same in Rise from 2013 and all it is, is a useless animation. It’s not necessary for killing people or even taking out heavily armored soldiers. And if the M rating was used to tell grittier stories I would be fine with it but the only time it worked was in 2013 when she was stranded on Yamatai in a fight for survival. Rise and Shadow had basic writing that did nothing with the mature rating to further advance the story. Other than random curse words and gorey deaths. All I’m saying is that if these games were redone with just a T rating, we wouldn’t get a drastic difference in the experience.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 04:26   #26
charmedangelin

The T rating would drastically alter the games. The reason LAU had such bouncy physics and no blood was because the T rating became much more restrictive than it was back in the Core days. AOD was nearly a M game title. I'm actually shocked that game got away with a T rating back then.

The finishers were fun to use, it was hardly a useless animation as it provided insta kill if you disabled the enemies. It's absence from Shadow is weird.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 13:54   #27
UroshUchiha

I have not been following the modding scene of the reboot trilogy at all, so my question may have already been answered elsewhere, but is there a way to mod the removed things back in the game?
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 19:34   #28
VictorXD

^ Unless it involves a character cosmetic change, then no. We only have model importing for now (for 2013 and Rise), and I'm not even sure if the environmental objects can be replaced too.
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 22:58   #29
GnautKrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirteenCroft View Post
Which video shows Lara and her pre-patched face? That channel has so many videos so I don't know which one to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reseti View Post
sorry, the '×163 in Mexico' video has some screen-screen comparisons at 8:04

I don't see a difference, except face & hair are more reflective in 1.0.
Plus, she starts the game in Tactical Aventurer outfit.

Last edited by GnautKrax; 01-02-21 at 23:03.
GnautKrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 17:13   #30
Linoshi Croft

Strangely, everything seems connected to when they 'fixed' her hair. A lot of fans, myself included hated Lara's spaghetti hair in Rise and I feel like they attempted to address that in Shadow quite late on after fan feedback on initial game footage. This fix was well received, but it did strangely seem to come at a cost.

Even with shoddy quality images. You can clearly see the pre-patched version (top) had far superior detail than the final version of the game. I found Lara looked quite gormless and out of it in Shadow a lot of the time and I feel like this was down to whatever change was made. I think the image above reflect this quite well. The expression is more clear on her face and there is visibly more refined details on her character model.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote