Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 05-12-21, 21:23   #4011
Tombraider95

Another Dalek New Years special? How original.

Didn't really like this finale. All over the place. Too much going on at once. There was nothing satisfying about this at all. I don't have anything good to say tbh.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 23:04   #4012
Rai

I did enjoy the episode overall. Enjoyed the Doctor being split three ways. Enjoyed how the resolution took the entirety of the episode until it finally came together. Some parts seemed too short, like Vinder and Diane in Passenger. I dunno I was expecting to see more of their time in there. There was a lot going on, so I can understand why some might not like that, but to me, it felt like everything from previous episodes coming together. I wasn't expecting all the answers. Loved Kate Stewart and how it was basically her idea that helped The Doctor come up with a plan.

The Grand Serpent seemed redundant. Blue-Coat Doctor should have been Ruth-Doctor. I don't understand the explanation for the tunnels.

The next NYD special looks intriguing. That it's the Daleks again isn't a problem, it's been speculated for ages it would be a dakek trilogy of sorts.

Last edited by Rai; 05-12-21 at 23:06.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 23:53   #4013
Zelda master

The Doc having the hots for herself made me chuckle and Professor Jericho is one bad arse mother... But literally everything else...

WHY?! After bloody tickling the audience their balls for two series (despite the Doc seemingly accepting that she never needed those potential extra memories) and actually opening that watch, you don't actually following through with it. Jo Martin really was wasted yet again just like that? What was the reason that Azure was within someone in the Artic? Tecteun was really disposed of that easily and that's the end of it? Speaking of which, Azure and Swarm were really just undone like that? Time is more of a concept than an actual being? Why were Bel and Vinder in the story, they added nothing and just disappeared towards the end. Karvanista would've been interesting about wanting revenge for the death of all Lupar, but we literally never saw a single other one onscreen, so why should we care? What did Kate add to this story except fanservice, cut her out and the story doesn't change much either, the Doc talks herself into any given solution this entire regeneration anyway. So the Flux was just absorbed into the Passenger and that's that? What about the rest of our universe that was destroyed, that's just gone like that without consequences? The Tardis, you might wanna fix that, right? AND WHY WAS THAT BLOODY WATCH JUST THROWN TO THE SIDE LIKE THAT?!

There's two possibilities which I'm genuinely scared for no matter which one it is, one: Chibnall is actually saving some of the answers for the specials.
Two: This is the legitimate end of this arc and nothing will actually be answered beyond this.
Either way I absolutely had it and this episode was such a disaster from start to finish. This entire series was a bunch of admittedly great ideas, all rolled into a giant turd sandwich. What a mess...

Last edited by Zelda master; 05-12-21 at 23:55.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 00:07   #4014
Tombraider95

Lots of great questions there. I expected a few things to roll over into the specials... but there was so much unanswered it felt so empty. All that build up for nothing.

I think this is definitely Chibnalls best series but that isn't saying much when you compare it to 11/12. It was nice to see some of the classic villains again. Azure & Storm are definitely Chibnalls best creation... But wtf happened to them? I hope they aren't gone for good because that would be another stupid mistake.
Old 07-12-21, 00:38   #4015
Chamayoo

This is maybe the most confusing arc and episode I've ever seen. Maybe I should rewatch but this was a big mess and not a lot of things make sense to me.
Maybe there were too much going on and too much characters. Shame covid happened (for a lot of reasons haha) because it should have been a 10 part serial. I still find series 13 very entertaining, we had one excellent episode (Village of the Angels) with an epic cliffhanger and a lot of thrills overall. However this was frustratingly confusing.

About the new year special, the Daleks again ? Could I skip this one and get to the next special ? Ok I hope next episode will be interesting nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
What will Eve of the Daleks bring? Will Davros return?

It's also focusing on a Time Loop it seems

Now I would be interesting about the new new new dakek episode. I love Davros.
Though careful, what you said about the next two specials, we're not supposed to know that ? I think you should have put the spoiler tags.

I mean I was 99% sure the Master will come back but I would have like to keep the surprise.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 07-12-21 at 00:45.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 20:04   #4016
sackboy123

Not suppose to know but when you live near the filming locations it's hard not to notice

We still don't klnow if the new Doctor has filmed his/her scenes yet since it looks like The Doctor won't regenerate in the TARDIS since the set has been taken down completely
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 20:57   #4017
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Not suppose to know but when you live near the filming locations it's hard not to notice

We still don't klnow if the new Doctor has filmed his/her scenes yet since it looks like The Doctor won't regenerate in the TARDIS since the set has been taken down completely
Oooooooh. You're so lucky !
But this is interesting !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 22:24   #4018
sackboy123

Perks of being Welsh
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 22:33   #4019
Tombraider95

I also realised how weird it was that Dan had met the Doctor for about an hour or so? Then gets stuck in 1901 for 3 years. Jericho, Yaz and Dan barely show any development as a trio after all that time. Then once everything is fixed the Doctor is like... wanna tag along?? and he's like ... "yeah boiii".

The companions just don't feel like real people. This has been the case for years now. You'd think being stuck for 3 years in the past would have some sort of effect on you as a person, as well as how you'd see The Doctor.
Old 07-12-21, 23:17   #4020
jajay119

But Di rejected him... So you know? Nothing worth hanging round for obvs..
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote