www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 21-06-21, 07:59   #36391
killchan
Professor

I'm playing the Project Haven demo, a tactical team shooter. Think xcom, but with aiming. Extremely promising early access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
TLOU2 is a perfect example to me of a game that is too long. I know it's revered as some sort of holy grail in gaming but honestly it's a drag. I was ready for the game to be over when Ellie's section was done but no there is another 15 hours to go.
People often say that the game being too long has to be read as ND trying to convey the feeling of witnessing Ellie pursuing a pointless quest, beggin her to stop (and it works!) but IMO the worst offender is the dead air that happen on Abby's side.
Take the bridge segment: I can stomach 10 extra hours of substantial gameplay, but 5 minutes of that just come across as pretentious.
Old 21-06-21, 23:35   #36392
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

For me it was the visit to the scar island.

As soon as Lev took off in the boat I was like, "Leave him, who cares, stupid kid. No I don't want to go chasing off to some island full of whistle-y people to re-find him".
Old 21-06-21, 23:41   #36393
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

Rogeubook

There was a bit of a disappointment with the devs releasing Day-1 DLC, but then they listened to the complaints and rolled it into the main game for free and gave out refunds.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-21, 03:03   #36394
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Digimon World 2003. When I'm done it will then be Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2.
Old 22-06-21, 12:57   #36395
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Final Fantasy XIII - halfway through Chapter 12 now

I'm sticking to everyone's 3 default roles. And Hope and Fang remain barely used. It's Light - Snow - Vanille and sometimes Sazh jumps in to replace either Snow or Vanille.
Old 26-06-21, 15:52   #36396
ANoDE
Golden

Currently playing 'Control'. So far it seems cool. I have a feeling it might become a bit hard though (judging from the first boss fight).
Old 26-06-21, 17:02   #36397
killchan
Professor

Scarlet Nexus.

5 hours later, I think that this game got covided.
it clearly has a PSP vibe to it: cutscenes are mostly runtime rendered stills with initially awkward portraits, the movement is floaty to an Underworld degree, the city is 99% cosmetic, the worldmap IS A MENU, quests are glorified challenges , at times the artstyle makes it hard to keep track of your own character... yet everything works somehow, and it's all thanks to the combat (which is still far from perfect mind you) and the story , when it picks up.
So far I do not recommend buying into the 8/10s this game is getting. It's really rough around the edges.
Old 26-06-21, 18:38   #36398
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

After finishing Final Fantasy XIII, I am now replaying its sequel, XIII-2. I've missed these games so much :')

Currently in Academia 400 AF, headed to Augusta Tower 200 AF.
Old 28-06-21, 20:02   #36399
xdesperado_
Explorer

I'm giving the Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection a go as I enjoy hack and slash/adventure games & I'm already familiar with the characters from the DOA games.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 14:36   #36400
killchan
Professor

SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy

oh man this game is weird

First of all, implementation: you make a fighting game where the entire point if having cute girls fighting each other, and you make it look worse than KOF14 at launch? I don't know

Anyway, what's even weirder about it, is that the combat system is not that bad. I'd say it's wasted even. There's some thought in here.

Teams of 2, throwable objects spawn, the health bar is SHARED , each character has her own stamina bar , and you can only win matches by hitting the opponent with a super when the opponent team's health is in danger zone .
But wait, there's more: there's a block button that blocks everything , no crouch , no directional moves for light and heavy , a few simple directionals for heavier that deplete the stamina bar, and 1 super button (with a couple of basic variations depending on the character, say left+RB instead of just RB) that requires ~60% stamina

it's all about management, basically. An easy to learn/difficult to master type of game that, I think, would have worked better with a license rather than this poor attempt at a fanservice game.