www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 15-06-21, 22:20   #1711
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Nintendo's own trailer on youtube states so.
I first watched the trailer as part of the complete live stream, so I missed that. That sucks a bit tbh because it means that this game won't be easily playable in handheld mode when outside of the house.
Old 22-06-21, 04:01   #1712
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

The anniversary may not be what we want, but I want to celebrate anyway. Yes I wish we could have sooooooo many things, but I know we could make this year rememberable if we tried. I've been extremely negative for a long time and I honestly just need some positive energy.

Thus I'm going to try and celebrate the 25th anniversary in my own way. I want to make threads and discuss, heck maybe create some short stories or something. Yeah we've had to carry the anniversary for so many years now, but we fans come together, great things are possible.

For now I think I'll switch my avatar based on what month it is. I also want to catch up on playing the games each month.
Old 22-06-21, 20:14   #1713
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Just several days away from the AOD month, which is the one I'm most excited for - perhaps the only one I'm excited for. What's on the menu?
Old 22-06-21, 21:16   #1714
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiro1989 View Post
Just several days away from the AOD month, which is the one I'm most excited for - perhaps the only one I'm excited for. What's on the menu?
Other than more pretty art, I wouldn't keep my hopes up for anything grand. I think most relevant stuff surrounding AOD and its sequels has already been made available to the public. We have most story documents, some level design concepts, unused artwork, an audiobook, several interviews with ex Core members, remastered and remade OST, we have a short story narrated by Jonnell of the events between TR4 and AOD coming along...

I think what we are mostly missing the tools Core used to make the game back then, and those very likely don't exist any more.

There is not much they can/will do to be honest. Unless they were to port AOD assets to a new engine to make a brand new and working release (which we all know ain't happening) there is not much left to show or talk about that we haven't already discussed endlessly.

We also need to remember that fans are the ones responsible for 80% of all the exciting stuff about the celebration since it started, chances are that will remain so until the end of it.
Old 22-06-21, 21:35   #1715
Mikky
Legend

And the most disappointing thing is that the AoD artwork is/will be slightly delayed and won't be released at the start of the month like the rest of them, at least according to Meagan Marie. Unless of course that's changed by now and they'll be able to get it out on time. Maybe she'll shed some light on the situation on the Chronicles stream next week
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-21, 22:10   #1716
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I'd like to see more of what AOD was supposed to be and what was cut. Hopefully they'll have access to some of that material and maybe interview some key people.
Old 22-06-21, 22:10   #1717
Valentino
Archaeologist

Ugh yessss get me in July nowwww. AoD is the only classic I’ve played and been able to tolerate (ironically). Then on to my favourites - LAU. I can finally start getting nostalgic.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-21, 22:41   #1718
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

While I have the impression we knew all about AOD with those 511 drafts and 1264 concept arts... I hope to see some never seen video footages of alpha or beta, if there is still any...
Old 23-06-21, 04:01   #1719
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiro1989 View Post
I doubt anything spectacular will happen, I'm afraid.
Old 23-06-21, 06:45   #1720
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

Hopefully we can get more digitized videos and documents
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote