www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 17-04-20, 16:05   #1
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Default Southern Mexico Xibalba Timed Exit Run

Tried numerous times first time played. Either tried to go too fast and missed turns and kept missing the turn at crossroads. On replaying TRU now, I went from second puzzle. This time made on third try. . You can go from either Puzzle (after completing both). For new players, suggest you save in new slot before solving puzzle; then, reload if you fail. If too slow, you can backtrack from Ball Court to the puzzle area as a test run. Then reload saved game. Worked for me.
Old 17-04-20, 16:36   #2
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Did you finish Anniversary?
Old 17-04-20, 17:30   #3
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

A big NO. On level next to last one on those timed retracted ledges and mutants. Decided to replay TRU and then go back. Might even play a new game as I was so frustrated before trying again.
Old 17-04-20, 21:34   #4
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
A big NO. On level next to last one on those timed retracted ledges and mutants. Decided to replay TRU and then go back. Might even play a new game as I was so frustrated before trying again.
Oh, yeah. That section almost made me tear my hair out on my first playthrough, then on my second playthrough I managed to make it through pretty easily.
Old 17-04-20, 23:05   #5
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

I made it through years ago. Trouble on the jumping and sliding and hitting the grapple ring one. Keep dying. Guess the saying “you’re supposed to get smarter as you get older “ - doesn’t apply to me. .
Old 20-04-20, 14:03   #6
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Question

Would have been nice to be able to see the last part of the exit run slowly to see the fire dragons. I was concentrating on getting to the exit. I did see a video of Lara coming up from the exit on the motorcycle and saw the exit disappear behind her. Then, she drove up from the Ball Court. How was that possible? Also, can you jump from either puzzle down to the exit? I did see part of a video showing that. If you did make it down without dying and get out. How would you proceed without the motorcycle?

Edit: Forgot, Lara coming up from the exit is at the end of the level. Just finished it.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 21-04-20 at 01:54.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-20, 15:26   #7
laravision
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
Would have been nice to be able to see the last part of the exit run slowly to see the fire dragons. I was concentrating on getting to the exit. I did see a video of Lara coming up from the exit on the motorcycle and saw the exit disappear behind her. Then, she drove up from the Ball Court. How was that possible? Also, can you jump from either puzzle down to the exit? I did see part of a video showing that. If you did make it down without dying and get out. How would you proceed without the motorcycle?
You can sequence break the game using various glitches that are used in speedruns. Here is the current glitched world record video by Cadarev. As you can see, there are moments where he uses precise glitches to skip large areas, including the entire Mediterranean and Thailand sections.

Under normal game conditions, you shouldn't be able to drop down from either calendar puzzle, as this kills Lara. But watch how Cadarev is able to bypass this section with an out of bounds glitch, and reach the area under the ball court without the bike. He then triggers the cinematic trigger and the game resumes with Lara on the bike.
Old 20-04-20, 16:40   #8
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Thanks. That was neat to watch. Some players certainly have a lot of ingenuity.