Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 13-04-15, 05:34   #11
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Another reboot...?
Yep. They're apparently keeping him in high school, and there will be no origin story this time.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-15, 05:43   #12
robm_2007

Besides Foxx, who was just abysmal, I thought TASM2 was excellent. The acting was the best in the series, and not even in a camp way. I'd say it rivals SM2, which was the best one.

They really are ridiculous to reboot it, but seeing how panned it was, it's not a shock. High school Spider-Man is just overdone. Move onto new ground and stop repeating what the previous two iterations have done.

I was hoping Donald Glover would become the next Spidey. He'd make a great choice if he were white, Asian, a Navajo woman, etc. Black, who cares. He'd be a fine choice as is.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-15, 06:04   #13
SpotEnemyBoats

I want JK Simmons to return, he was awesome in the original Spiderman trilogy.
SpotEnemyBoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-15, 07:15   #14
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotEnemyBoats View Post
I want JK Simmons to return, he was awesome in the original Spiderman trilogy.
Agreed. He is J. Jonah Jameson. I don't see anybody else getting the character like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
They really are ridiculous to reboot it, but seeing how panned it was, it's not a shock. High school Spider-Man is just overdone. Move onto new ground and stop repeating what the previous two iterations have done.
It's not just that it was panned. The series doesn't really fit all that well into the MCU, and Marvel want more creative control over it.

Quote:
I was hoping Donald Glover would become the next Spidey. He'd make a great choice if he were white, Asian, a Navajo woman, etc. Black, who cares. He'd be a fine choice as is.
I don't really know who Danny Glover is, I must not have seen anything he has been in (except I know he voiced Miles Morales in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon). I think Marvel are trying to keep their stories as close to the spirit of the source material. I don't see Marvel doing anything PC with the character to meet some sort of quota (ahem, Johnny Storm), and from what I've heard (heard, mind you), Donald Glover might not be able to pull off the high-school-nerd of the early comic book years for Spider-Man, but I'd say Danny Glover would be a good choice for Miles Morales, definitely, and given how it's in the MCU and how expansive the Spider-Man universe is, they could easily have a stand-alone Miles Morales film (or series). The character has become pretty much as accepted as Spider-Man as Peter is, and having read a few of the comics, I think a Miles Morales film would work very well as the character is vastly different. And a Spider-Woman/Spider-Girl film. And a Venom film... oh, the possibilities.

Last edited by ggctuk; 13-04-15 at 08:17.
Old 13-04-15, 07:51   #15
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk
It's not just that it was panned. The series doesn't really fit all that well into the MCU, and Marvel want more creative control over it.
In what way does it not fit into MCU? Were they planning on having certain characters who died fit into the future of MCU or something?

Danny Glover is a whole other person! (He was in Ghostbusters; he's about 68 now; no relation to Donald).
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-15, 08:30   #16
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
In what way does it not fit into MCU? Were they planning on having certain characters who died fit into the future of MCU or something?
I'm guessing they have different plans for characters like Electro and Norman Osborn, and will set up the Sinister Six in a different way. And given how they like to stick closer to the comics, not everything will be Oscorp's fault.

Quote:
Danny Glover is a whole other person! (He was in Ghostbusters; he's about 68 now; no relation to Donald).
Whoops XD
Old 15-04-15, 20:10   #17
Jami393

Has anyone been watching Daredevil?
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 20:36   #18
BluenoseGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Yeah, it's awesome.
BluenoseGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 21:44   #19
Your_Envy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Yes, I love it so far! Kinda getting obsessed with it slowly, typical. You?
Your_Envy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-15, 10:47   #20
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_Envy* View Post
Yes, I love it so far! Kinda getting obsessed with it slowly, typical. You?
Well I've given it a break. Tbh I can't remember fully where I got to
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote