Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 13-11-18, 05:40   #11
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_33 View Post
Oh wow this looks amazing! very well done it looks way better
Good to hear. It was a different approach this time than in TR5. I'll see about re touching TR5 with this method.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-18, 11:50   #12
valerys

I also believe the textures in this one are better. They look smoother and more cartoony which fits well with the old series.
valerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-18, 12:00   #13
Alex Fly
Inactive

Really impressive. Great work there!
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-18, 19:42   #14
NoahCrofRaider

This looks fantastic! I like it more than the iOS textures, which looked unfinished or sloppy at times. Great work.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-18, 21:11   #15
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
This looks fantastic! I like it more than the iOS textures, which looked unfinished or sloppy at times. Great work.
I agree, I firstly used those as a base, but I didn't like what i saw with those, and it is certainly is unfinished, as all the levels after Tibet where left unchanged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerys View Post
I also believe the textures in this one are better. They look smoother and more cartoony which fits well with the old series.
The initial aim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
Really impressive. Great work there!
Thanks.
Old 13-11-18, 21:50   #16
AndrewNi

Smile

I've been looking for an excuse to replay TR2 lately, and this is it. Amazing work!
AndrewNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 05:49   #17
New Dwight
Inactive

actually never could make out what that scenery was until now.
Old 14-11-18, 16:57   #18
TombRaiderTim

Could I see some screenshots from Tibetan Foothills to The Dragons Lair? I'd rather play it knowing everything is done unlike the later levels of the IOS port after seeing how every level looks on there. Never understood why people never include the levels towards the end in a preview.

On a side note, there is a pleasant huge noticeable change on the TR2 textures which makes the game look fresh compared to the ones you done on TRC where you'd have to be very picky to see the difference so perhaps whatever you done with the ones on TR2 here, perhaps try the same method on TRC?

Personally, i'm not sure if this can be one on TR1 but i'd love to see that upscaled, if not, TR3 is the next best choice.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 14-11-18 at 17:10.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 17:05   #19
Ward Dragon
Golden

This is awesome I only wandered around the beginning so far, but everything is so sharp!

Out of curiosity, does it cover Golden Mask? I didn't notice any changes when I tested it, but I might have done something wrong installing it. It's totally fine if it doesn't include Golden Mask (I'm not sure how much texture overlap there even is with the main game or how hard it would be to add the Gold levels), but if it's already there then I want to get it working on my PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
Personally, i'm not sure if this can be one on TR1 but i'd love to see that upscaled, if not, TR3 is the next best choice.
While I was figuring out the patches, I stumbled across this:

http://www.glidos.net/tombati.html

I knew about Glidos, but I never got too far in it because of the different style of the texture packs. However, I'm trying this tombati patch with their HD textures and so far it looks pretty faithful (I'll see how I feel once I get to Tomb of Qualopec )

Last edited by Ward Dragon; 14-11-18 at 17:08.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 17:23   #20
TombRaiderTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
This is awesome I only wandered around the beginning so far, but everything is so sharp!

Out of curiosity, does it cover Golden Mask? I didn't notice any changes when I tested it, but I might have done something wrong installing it. It's totally fine if it doesn't include Golden Mask (I'm not sure how much texture overlap there even is with the main game or how hard it would be to add the Gold levels), but if it's already there then I want to get it working on my PC

While I was figuring out the patches, I stumbled across this:

http://www.glidos.net/tombati.html

I knew about Glidos, but I never got too far in it because of the different style of the texture packs. However, I'm trying this tombati patch with their HD textures and so far it looks pretty faithful (I'll see how I feel once I get to Tomb of Qualopec )
Likewise, I will have a look at this tonight! I did like everyones approach to the textures on Xtra but the ones I liked the best were Matt Hill's as his were faithful to the original but looked more realistic which made it fresh though unfortunately he never finished and Siverlok's were nice and finished although I found his textures a little too cartoonish in my opinion.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 14-11-18 at 17:37.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote