Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 29-10-21, 18:59   #19051
TrustyBow

An AOD stan speaking on mediocrity? I'm both disgusted and embarrassed for you. Bye
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-21, 19:30   #19052
Tonyrobinson

Hypothetical question for all of you.

Had we gotten Daisy Ridley as Lara Croft at the height of her Star Wars era fame do you think we would have had a sequel by now?

I love Alicia, in fact she's probably my favourite Lara Croft next to Jonell, but I do think of Lara as a Bond sort of a character we're she is constantly evolving and reinterpreted by new actresses.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-21, 19:36   #19053
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post

Had we gotten Daisy Ridley as Lara Croft at the height of her Star Wars era fame do you think we would have had a sequel by now?

I love Alicia, in fact she's probably my favourite Lara Croft next to Jonell, but I do think of Lara as a Bond sort of a character we're she is constantly evolving and reinterpreted by new actresses.
Daisy Ridley wouldnt have helped, I dont think.

Star power is 2nd to character power these days. People pay to see characters they like over actors/actresses that they like.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-21, 20:04   #19054
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post

Daisy was never considered. That was simply a false rumor. The actresses considered if Alicia rejected TR were: Cara Delevingne, Saoirse ronan and Emilia Clarke.

We are were lucky that Alicia said yes.

As for Daisy, Borys Kit (Hollywood reporter) confirmed it (as well as commenting on curiosities of Richard's casting). Daisy later confirmed in Vogue that "the craziest rumor she has ever heard is that she would be Lara Croft"

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/725787308595634176

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/825021952838373376

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doUdRCrK80E&t=43s

Min 2:50

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 29-10-21 at 20:19.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-21, 20:23   #19055
Rai

I'm not familiar enough with Daisy to comment properly, but why would her casting mean we'd have had a sequel sooner?
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-21, 20:37   #19056
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I'm not familiar enough with Daisy to comment properly, but why would her casting mean we'd have had a sequel sooner?
Bigger star power than Alicia. Tonyrobinson is wondering if that would have been enough to make the first film a bigger box office success and consequently make the sequel happen sooner.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-21, 20:44   #19057
Mani_Man

I mean yeah it would.
Starpower will always draw a bit more.
But how much more, hard to say.

Didnt Alicias Pregnancy interrupt the sequel plans and then they decided to do some changes etc that further pushed it back?
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-21, 20:47   #19058
PinkyPromise

I don't think Daisy Ridley is a bigger star than Alicia. She is "the girl from the bad Star Wars movies" and once it is over she is not really doing anything. Her movies outside of Star Wars have been a flop.

Alicia is a prestigious award-winning actress and she always works with prestigious directors. The Green Knight is one of the best movies of the year. Alicia is the type of actress who makes a project increase prestige and other great actors are interested.

Alicia is the image of the most sophisticated luxury firms. Daisy no. Alicia is synonymous with a good actress, prestige, elegance, sophistication ... she is perfect as Lara Croft.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 29-10-21 at 20:48.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-21, 22:30   #19059
Tonyrobinson

I think Saisy's career at the time seen her coming off the back of Force Awakens and she was a big commodity.

She's not half the actress Alicia is though. Alicia is definitely a perfect Lara, it is just one of those "What If?" scenarios.

I was watching the Judith Gibbons interview with Chris and when she spoke about Sandra Bullock being the choice to play Lara it got me thinking of the other rumoured actresses.

If Cara Delevigne got the part I definitely wouldn't have watched the movie, I find her a bit off putting.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 29-10-21 at 22:31.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-21, 22:34   #19060
HarleyCroft

^Me too. My friend worked in the set of Suicide Squad 2016 and said Cara is a real pain in the ass. Glad she wasn't cast.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote