www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 30-08-20, 12:11   #101
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I think there's more legitimate reasons to control/ban fireworks, especially personal use of them in peoples' back gardens, because people get stupid with them. I remember one year my neighbours had some in their back garden, and they were drunk. They decided it would be a brilliant idea to light a firework and then try tossing it into the air by hand. They ran panicking when said firework started turning and flying in all directions around the garden rather than shooting straight upwards.

I don't see a need to ban professional firework displays in public though. Bonfire Night is a fun holiday. It doesn't have much deep cultural significance centuries on from what it celebrates but let people live a little.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 30-08-20 at 13:06.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-20, 13:04   #102
jajay119
Tomb Raider

The private sale of fireworks should be banned. I tire of having to listen to fireworks from mid October to mid November all for preparation for one evening. Professional displays are fine.
Old 30-08-20, 13:11   #103
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist

There's actually a lot of evidence and footage of pets scared as **** because of fireworks. My dear Luna used to hide behind the washing machine and shake all night and the morning after. I rather ensure the safety of my pets than drunk idiots exploding **** in their backyard.

I don't understand what's so fun. It's just a loud noise with a flash, and most of the time not even creative. Are we moths getting excited about lights or what? I'd definetely ban them. You can have fun without acting like a monkey over the most trivial stuff.
Old 30-08-20, 15:52   #104
TRfan23
Golden

Yeh I agree with banning private use of fireworks, they're essentially an explosive and can kill. Animals can't stand their noise either and get petrified.

My dad even said that they're not that different than owning military grade explosives.

Another thing that I would like banned is private bonfires, we live next to Jehovah Witnesses on one side. At the rear is some guy that acts all hooligan and both of them set off bonfires.

It especially pisses my mum off as she does a lot of gardening, which spoils it. Doesn't help that the hooligan has at times shoved tires into the fire, which emit toxic fumes.

The Jehovah Witnesses you can't reason with as they don't seem to believe in climate change, so think bonfires are okay. Their excuse is that it's their garden so they can do what they like, but demand that we cut down our holly tree in our garden because they don't like it
Old 30-08-20, 21:37   #105
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist

When I was living in the UK I saw a couple of families/friends/whatever doing bonfires in their gardens. I was shocked, like girl it's autumn, you're surrounded by leaves and foliage, isn't that dangerous?

Here we have the tradition of doing bonfires and parties at the beach on June 25th (similar to Bonfire Night), a lot of students burn their books, notes and stuff. Every year the beaches are full of alcohol bottles, food cans and all kinds of trash. Everything goes to the sea. Let's not talk about crimes, including rape, abuse, fights. EVERY-YEAR. People just can't behave and turn every party into a mess.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 30-08-20 at 21:44.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-20, 22:01   #106
TombRager
Explorer

Not to mention that sometimes animals can even die when they can't bear the noise, especially dogs. My poor dog gets scared ****less during New Year's Eve. My other dog sometimes begins to bark at the fireworks, go figure.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 14:29   #107
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist

Nintendo releasing Mario All Stars with no upgrade, limited stock, no Galaxy 2 and 60$.

Also, the ones who created my laptop and didn't add the euros symbol
Old 03-09-20, 22:39   #108
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
Also, the ones who created my laptop and didn't add the euros symbol
have you tried the any key it worked for Homer Simpson you could also consider pressing the buttons Homer was thinking of pressing ESC, CTRL and PGUP.

I checked where the euro symbol is on my laptop keyboard it's on the number 4 button I wasn't sure how to get it myself so I googled it press CTRL ALT and E.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 18:01   #109
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

The Irish government requiring pubs and restaurants to keep records of what customers are eating for 28 days because they claim that knowing exactly what people are eating will somehow help the government fight the Coronavirus.

1984 is much closer than we think if the government wants pub owners to keep records of what every customer is eating.

What will they think of next forcibly implanting microchips in people's heads so that they can read people's minds and shipping those that don't allow the microchip to be installed to a Guantanamo Bay type facility to be tortured until they agree to have the microchip installed.
Old 06-09-20, 17:35   #110
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Both a smart and a dumb decision rolled into one, last night BBC2 started showing the 2004 Battlestar Galactica starting with the BSG miniseries that's not the dumb part.

The dumb part is the BBC putting the year 2020 in the description on the guide as if it were a brand new TV show, has the BBC only now just heard about the Battlestar Galactica miniseries and TV show.

It's rare for the BBC to show a science fiction TV show that isn't Doctor Who, the last time a science fiction TV show was on the BBC that wasn't Doctor Who was called Outcasts which was cancelled after one season after the BBC deliberately moved it around in the schedule and didn't bother to promote the show extensively so that no-one would watch it.

I suppose we'll have to wait 20 years for the BBC to show Star Trek Picard if they ever do.