Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 19-07-20, 21:04   #11
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRager View Post
Now to get back on topic, if she goes on a museum that has artifacts and robs the artifacts in said museum, does the returns the artifacts to the same museum or she keeps it herself?
She'll return it back to its proper place. Whether it be to its rightful owners, country of origin, etc
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 21:15   #12
jajay119

It's an interesting premise for a new IP and new character.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 21:15   #13
TombRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
She'll return it back to its proper place. Whether it be to its rightful owners, country of origin, etc
Ohhh, now it makes sense to me. It sounds like a neat idea. I can imagine a story where Lara is trying to get an artifact but Laura retrieves it instead and tries to return it, while Lara goes after her to take it for herself. Would be very interesting!
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 21:55   #14
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRager View Post
Ohhh, now it makes sense to me. It sounds like a neat idea. I can imagine a story where Lara is trying to get an artifact but Laura retrieves it instead and tries to return it, while Lara goes after her to take it for herself. Would be very interesting!
Doppie time
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 22:55   #15
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
If she was hired to stop pillagers as they're raiding temples, tombs and dungeons and to retrieve the treasures for the clients for a cut, that could be ****ing awesome. She could also use the ancient complexes' traps and mechanisms against the pillagers.
I love this idea. Give me "one with the tomb," not "one with the jungle."
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 23:02   #16
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I would love to see a Laura Cruz game where she's a dangerous mercenary akin to Nadine Ross.

https://i.imgur.com/hcB3ZGe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PabLAPOh.jpg

Stealing artefacts from museums could make for some dreadfully boring stealth gameplay in dark samey looking environments, though. If she was hired to stop pillagers as they're raiding temples, tombs and dungeons and to retrieve the treasures for the clients for a cut, that could be ****ing awesome. She could also use the ancient complexes' traps and mechanisms against the pillagers.
Nadine has been tainted for me since I found out that her voice actress is a white woman. Welp.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 23:09   #17
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
Nadine has been tainted for me since I found out that her voice actress is a white woman. Welp.
I really hope you're joking, and I think you are, but it's slightly unobvious. Maybe I need to get to know you better. XD Nadine's VA was great but her accent needed some serious work.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 23:18   #18
larafan25

I'd rather a black Lara than reboot Lara, and if they do reboot again, this is a good idea. But even if they do make her south american they should go darker like the TR4E render.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 23:22   #19
charmedangelin

I honestly think Lara should be Hispanic given the fact that they never changed Lara Crofts model when she was originally Lara Cruz. I think LaraFan25 made a real life model of Core Lara and she indeed looked Hispanic.

Regardless of race though, Lara returning artifacts from museums would go against Lara's character. The only reason she collects those artifacts is because it's dangerous for anyone else to have them.

So while I wouldn't be bothered by a black Lara Croft to be honest, I would be bothered by her sudden super hero complex.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 23:23   #20
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I'd rather a black Lara than reboot Lara, and if they do reboot again, this is a good idea. But even if they do make her south american they should go darker like the TR4E render.
What is your obsession with TR4-5 FMV Lara? She's downright goosebump-protrudingly creepy.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote