www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 18-09-20, 17:21   #1371
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I'm watching the Irish prime minister give a speech on the news right now.

He says that he knows that the virus has wreaked havoc in our lives, so too has his and his governments continual mixed messages about the Coronavirus.

He mentioned people questioning why restaurants, pubs and cafes are being closed to indoor dining for the next 3 weeks, he says it's to keep the virus out of people's homes, stopping people from dining indoors in small numbers won't change anything when people are having house parties with large numbers of people in attendance.

As usual he is looking in all the wrong areas when it comes to keeping the virus under control, he should be looking at the house parties instead of focusing solely on restaurants, cafes and pubs to try and keep the virus under control.

There are increasing calls for the previous Irish prime minister to step in and resume his position as prime minister as he did a much better job than the current prime minister at getting the message across, since the current temporary prime minister took over he has been abysmal at getting the message across to people, he comes across as talking down to people which makes it more likely that people won't listen to him.

The sooner he resigns the better so that his superior predecessor can resume the job and put an end to the mess that is the continual mixed messages.

Clarity is needed now more than ever something that the Irish prime minister is incapable of giving.

Forgot to add undoubtedly aware of all the criticism he has gotten over the last few days about his poor ability to deliver an effective message and to be an effective communicator, he attempted to come across as being like everyone else by saying as well as being prime minister I'm also a father, husband, brother, sports fan and someone who likes a pint with my friends, his attempt at trying to make it look like he's the same as the rest of us fell flat, people will only ever see him as the prime minister and as a poor communicator.

People don't need more doom and gloom which is all we ever get from the prime minister these days.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 18-09-20 at 17:53.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-20, 11:13   #1372
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I just watched part of an interview with Matt Hancock on Sky News where he was asked why activities such as grouse shooting could go ahead despite the rule of 6 but 7 children can't feed the ducks.

He didn't really answer the question like any politician he ducked the question and said sports are more important than kids feeding the ducks and sports can go ahead because they take place outdoors which makes social distancing easier but children can't feed the ducks because they won't social distance from each other.

When asked why grouse shooting was considered an essential activity while children are being prevented from feeding ducks he didn't answer the question.

Why should children have to suffer so that some aristocratic types can kill animals for fun.
Old 20-09-20, 11:46   #1373
jackali
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=DragonSlayer;8240619Why should children have to suffer so that some aristocratic types can kill animals for fun.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that's the issue at all. Children don't have to suffer so that aristocratic types can kill animals for fun.

Children don't get to feed the ducks and the aristocratic types do get to hunt.

Of the children could feed ducks, it wouldn't stop hunting. It's not that children mustn't feed ducks to allow people to hunt, but rather one rule applies to one group and not another.
Old 20-09-20, 13:18   #1374
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
I wouldn't say that's the issue at all. Children don't have to suffer so that aristocratic types can kill animals for fun.

Children don't get to feed the ducks and the aristocratic types do get to hunt.

Of the children could feed ducks, it wouldn't stop hunting. It's not that children mustn't feed ducks to allow people to hunt, but rather one rule applies to one group and not another.
The impression I got from Hancock's comments is that children and what they want to do doesn't matter because they don't contribute to the economy and that sport that does contribute to the economy is more important than children.

While something that contributes to the economy is important it's not more important than children.

I agree about what you said about one rule for them and different rule for everyone else for example Boris Johnson's advisor Cummings who left London and took of to some part of the country when a family member was suspected of having the Coronavirus saying that the government rules against non-essential travel didn't apply to him and then went for a drive to test his eyesight before heading back to London, speaking of Cummings is he still Boris Johnson's advisor he hasn't been mentioned on the news for quite a while now.

If it were up to me I'd put an end to all non-essential sports especially ones that don't contribute anything to the economy like grouse shooting which AFAIK is of no benefit to anyone, large groups of people getting together during a pandemic just to shoot some animals for fun is not a good idea, even if they did social distance while shooting they could still easily become infected with the Coronavirus.
Old 24-09-20, 04:29   #1375
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Things in my neck of the woods are starting to close. From the movie theatres to even some smaller owned grocery stores. A few of my friends will be out of jobs. I consider myself so lucky to have my job still that even gave me a raise this year. I’m incredibly fortunate but I can’t help but worry about everything and everyone around me.
Old 24-09-20, 18:56   #1376
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I read online just now on the Irish Mirror website that fans of the soap opera Fair City are fed up with Coronavirus related storylines on the show, fans watch the show for escapism and are finding the depressing Covid-19 plots draining to follow.

One person wrote so Fair City has become a 30 minute HSE directed and produced advertisement while another said that they would watch a documentary about paint to escape covid stories.

While I don't watch Fair City because I just don't like it, I can see where people are coming from the Coronavirus has dominated the news for several months and understandably people are beginning to get tired of it so the last thing they need is to switch on a TV show they like is to have to hear more about the Coronavirus.

As I said I don't watch Fair City I just happened to see a few minutes of it last week when channel surfing and some of the characters were doing socially distanced dancing on one of the street sets, aside from being a lesson on social distancing the scene was apparently also a reference to one of the actors in the scene having recently being on a dance show.

I too am getting tired of hearing about the Coronavirus several times I have told my mother to stop with the constant updates and not to mention anything about the Coronavirus after 9pm because it's very tiring hearing about it all the time.

Has anyone else here told people they know to put a stop to the constant Coronavirus updates and not to mention the Coronavirus after a set time?
Old 24-09-20, 19:03   #1377
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

^

This is why American Soap Operas have refused to write Covid 19 storylines. While they've taken precautions and it's noticable how different the filming is, the storylines are the same as they have always been. It's better that way as people don't have to focus on it all the time.
Old 24-09-20, 19:13   #1378
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
^

This is why American Soap Operas have refused to write Covid 19 storylines. While they've taken precautions and it's noticable how different the filming is, the storylines are the same as they have always been. It's better that way as people don't have to focus on it all the time.
Could you imagine the classic show Dallas doing a Covid-19 storyline, me neither I don't remember much about the show beyond the opening theme, the who shot JR story and that guy stepping out of the shower and coming back from the dead.

I would only ever watch it for the opening theme but never the rest of the show.
Old 01-10-20, 20:13   #1379
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I love how when the stocks start going down, then Congress comes rushing back to pass a stimulus deal. They never gave a **** when the markets were stabilized. They only cared when the pandemic started touching their personal investments again.

These people are so disingenuous.
Old 02-10-20, 05:21   #1380
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

President Trump & First lady tests positive for Covid 19.

President Trump confirms he, first lady Melania Trump tested positive for coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pre...or-coronavirus

Edit

Oh my Lord

https://twitter.com/DylanTateA/statu...618372610?s=09

Last edited by charmedangelin; 02-10-20 at 05:25.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote