www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 25-09-20, 12:43   #41
GeorgiaAnneUK
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Doesnt the official Tomb Raider account do fanart contests, polls etc?
no, or at least not lately anyway. I just had a scroll through their Twitter to make sure and their Twitter is mostly retweets and the odd TBT here and there.

Quote:
SE, CD, EM arent as far as i cant tell really good at dealing with their main fanbase no matter the title they have going.
CD deals super bad with the Marvel community currently from what i can see.
Yeah this is pretty much what I was trying to get at, there's no relationship between CD and fans.

Quote:
You could argue that in TRs case its not really easy dealing with a fanbase that claims you are part of a global conspiracy or that you do a multi million dollar game the way you do just to spite said fanbase.

What i want to say, this fandom is bonkers as **** and i dont blame the publisher/developer if they steer clear for as long as they can.
But that doesnt make it better that they are in general bad at communicating with the fanbase to begin with.
I think a few bad eggs don't spoil the entire batch though, all in all a lot of the fanbase loves TR for what it is and what it was even if they have a preferred era of the game, why spite the thousands/millions that love the game as it is because of those who will stir the pot?

Quote:
At the moment they cant do too much when the next game is still in very early stages, especially considering SE weird idea of marketing.

Either way, 2020 is done, the next generation of consoles starts at the end.
2021 will be a interesting year, i assume for Tomb Raider too.
I kinda touched on this in my second/third (can't remember) post, they could just make a connection with us and actually talk to us. They used to spend a lot of time on the Eidos forums back when I was a kid, they were always in there asking for opinions etc and it made me feel closer to them and the next installment.

I respect your opinions though if you don't feel like they should be more active with us, like I said, some people prefer to have that kind of relationship on social media with the things they love and others don't.
Old 25-09-20, 12:44   #42
TheLaraPedia
Inactive

and why would they try to appeal to a weak fanbase anyway? just look at the little support the Core's anniversary campaign is getting (and I signed it).

I'm sure it convinced SE that they don't need to appeal to this pathetic fanbase anymore. All they do is fight about about braids and boobs.
TheLaraPedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 12:57   #43
GeorgiaAnneUK
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaraPedia View Post
and why would they try to appeal to a weak fanbase anyway? just look at the little support the Core's anniversary campaign is getting (and I signed it).
I wouldn't take that as there's no fans though, more like no demand for a third TR:1 remake. Look at how many people lurked the forums when we were hoping on news for T.R.U.E, there's demand and interest.

In regards to that petition, I didn't sign it because I don't have any interest in another Tomb Raider 1 game. We have the original and we have anniversary, I think they wouldn't see that and think "There's no Tomb Raider fandom anymore."
Old 25-09-20, 13:04   #44
TheLaraPedia
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAnneUK View Post

In regards to that petition, I didn't sign it because I don't have any interest in another Tomb Raider 1 game. We have the original and we have anniversary, I think they wouldn't see that and think "There's no Tomb Raider fandom anymore."
well there is the petition to bring classic lara back..
the floppage of the LC games..
the underperformance of the more classic inspired Anniversary, Underworld and Shadow compared to the rest of their respective trilogies.

The fanbase is weak. passionate but very weak. There is nothing to convince SE to invest in them.
Old 25-09-20, 13:13   #45
GeorgiaAnneUK
Student

Quote:
the underperformance of the more classic inspired Anniversary, Underworld and Shadow compared to the rest of their respective trilogies.

The fanbase is weak. passionate but very weak. There is nothing to convince SE to invest in them.
Doesn't that just mean there's no demand for Classic Lara then? They were reportedly very happy with the amount of units Shadow sold so I wouldn't really call Shadow a flop. I miss the classic style of Lara as much as any other veteran fan but if the Classic style isn't receiving any demand outside of the dedicated fan base they're not going to give us that.

With that said, I don't see why the Classic style not having any demand would be a deterrent for them to engage with us and have some sort of relationship with fans. Whether we like it or not the reboot sold well and had a good reception among casual gamers.
Old 25-09-20, 13:21   #46
TheLaraPedia
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAnneUK View Post
Doesn't that just mean there's no demand for Classic Lara then? They were reportedly very happy with the amount of units Shadow sold so I wouldn't really call Shadow a flop. I miss the classic style of Lara as much as any other veteran fan but if the Classic style isn't receiving any demand outside of the dedicated fan base they're not going to give us that.

With that said, I don't see why the Classic style not having any demand would be a deterrent for them to engage with us and have some sort of relationship with fans. Whether we like it or not the reboot sold well and had a good reception among casual gamers.
yeah there is no demand for classic Lara.
and also yeah Shadow didn't flop it just underperformed compared to Rise and Reboot.

what i'm trying to say is that Legend, Tr2013, Rise were a success because of their appeal to the general public. not the fans.

The rest of the game were geared towards to the fanbase..and they underperformed therefore I guess in their minds they don't see the point on trying to invest in them anyway cause it wouldn't make a difference.
Old 25-09-20, 14:15   #47
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:

Yeah, this is definitely a Suli account. Did you get permission from Justin to make a second account?
Old 25-09-20, 14:22   #48
TheLaraPedia
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Yeah, this is definitely a Suli account. Did you get permission from Justin to make a second account?
who is Suli who is justine? i'm a new a member I don't understand chile.
Old 25-09-20, 14:35   #49
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
who is Suli who is justine? i'm a new a member I don't understand chile.
I'm just gonna let Justin look into it
Old 25-09-20, 14:38   #50
TheLaraPedia
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I'm just gonna let Justin look into it
are you threatening me?