www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D Level Editor

Old 24-04-20, 09:14   #11
jcdbm
Hobbyist

Thank you for making this tool, DaroRaider. I wanted to know if there was any likelihood that there would be a way to enable Select Level or Disable Demos, much liike TombPCEditor allows those options for the TR2 and TR3 executables.
jcdbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-20, 10:28   #12
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdbm View Post
Thank you for making this tool, DaroRaider. I wanted to know if there was any likelihood that there would be a way to enable Select Level or Disable Demos, much liike TombPCEditor allows those options for the TR2 and TR3 executables.
I asked Daro about this recently in PM and they said that they didn't come across anything about the gameflow process in TR1. b122251 has said that he will look into it sometime but isn't very confident. The gameflow method for TR2/TR3 may have indeed been made just for those and never made during TR1's production.

What we do know is that it's not nescessarily an option at all - because the 'all level select' we see on the PS1 version of TR1, isn't via "New Game" at all, it's via "Load Game" - it's having a savegame there that allows you to choose levels you've completed prior. This has stayed through to TR3 AFAIK (im talking about PS1 only)

If for example we re-enable "All Level Select" in the PS1 versions of TR2 and TR3's scripts, yes we can now select "New Game" and select any level, however we can still also use that default method of "Story so Far" during your play progress, to choose previous levels.
Old 24-04-20, 16:17   #13
DaroRaider
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I asked Daro about this recently in PM and they said that they didn't come across anything about the gameflow process in TR1.
Yes, I made this tool primarily for the purposes of a TR1 level designer. That he can change the name of the levels, the name of the artifacts or even the number of secrets. More than that a designer does not need, nor do I know how to delve deeper into hex editing issues.
( Something that would be interesting to know is where the data assigned by each inventory item at each level is harcoded. You can only change the names of the items but not at the level they should appear. )

My tool fulfills a very basic function, but very required if someone works with the Tomb.exe of the DOS BOX, ATI and GLide version.
Old 24-04-20, 16:51   #14
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Huh? Theres no limitations 😂 it's just hardcoded scripting at play.
not being able to change what levels can snow and rain is a big limitation for me
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-20, 17:28   #15
ReH_
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
Amusingly enough in the PS1 version of TR3 the executable doesn't need to be modified to change weather conditions, as in that version the weather is stored as a code module in the level file itself. Although there are only three weather conditions in the whole game. Rain, snow, and the underwater speckle-things. By modifying this I've managed to make it snow in Lara's Home at one point.
I didn't know the ps1 version works this way, nice find.
Old 24-04-20, 23:01   #16
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
not being able to change what levels can snow and rain is a big limitation for me
Well you could be creative and put your level into the relevant script slot that would have your weather need - then make a dummy level 1 prior, with a finish trigger directly to your weathered level?

Instant assumption of limitations is wrong haha. It can easily be bypassed.
Old 12-09-20, 17:32   #17
croftyboy
Historian

Hello,

I am making a TR1 level, I can change my level name but I don't seem to be able to change pickups names.

In my wad I have :

Puzzle 1 (Gold Bar)
Pickup 1 (Lead Bar)
Key 1
Key 2
Key 3
Key 4

Only Lead Bar has it's name displayed on the bottom, the other pickups have nothing displayed. Not even wrong names, just blank.

Edit: I just noticed there's no "Lead Bar" entry on TR1Modifier Keys&Items section.
croftyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-20, 15:18   #18
DaroRaider
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by croftyboy View Post

Edit: I just noticed there's no "Lead Bar" entry on TR1Modifier Keys&Items section.
Hello,
I just noticed it and uploaded a new version where you can change both strings: one for Lead Bar and one for Scion. They are called "extra Items".
Updated in the first page of the thread.
Good luck!

Old 14-09-20, 15:37   #19
croftyboy
Historian

Thank you for the updated version but my problem stil remains same.
Maybe a picture can help.
It's a bit hard to read in this scale but only Lead Bar has its string displayed. All other pickups have none.

croftyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-20, 22:18   #20
DaroRaider
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by croftyboy View Post
Thank you for the updated version but my problem stil remains same.
Maybe a picture can help.
It's a bit hard to read in this scale but only Lead Bar has its string displayed. All other pickups have none.

Yes, I understand what happens to you. My tool only changes the strings within the executable, however in the order they should appear on the level is information that is harcoded. My tool cannot decipher it. I give you an example. "Lead Bar" can be assigned to level 1, but not to level 2 and so on, that's why the string appears in the inventory. That's the best I could do because I don't have such deep skills to decompile the executable and decipher the "script".