www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D Level Editor

Old 11-05-20, 16:20   #171
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Getting used to how the editor works now.. I can easily connect rooms and make water etc etc

One small issue - I thought maybe it was something to do with textures stretching.
Some areas of my map - mainly triangle sides of slopes - seem to have this odd 50/50 texture tiles.. (should be like all the others in the screen)

I moved the roof up, lowered by splitting the block, then redid my shapes (although slightly altered) and it seemed to fix one of two of them.
Hmmm...
Classic TRs has rather big slopes that had stretched textures though so, not sure..

Last edited by dcw123; 17-05-20 at 19:40.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-20, 18:27   #172
vasatomb
Student

I was sent here with my questions.

how do I enable DOZY CHEAT in tr2/tr3?

I add the line DOZY_CHEAT_ENABLED: to the tombpc.dat file (compiling of course), but it doesn't work in the game.
but the line SELECT_ANY_LEVEL: works.
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-20, 13:21   #173
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Having trouble with sprites in the level.

So I used Fexmerger to add some objects from Egypt into Caves (to make egypt the first level when clicking New Game)
Everything works fine.. except for placing items.

I placed a 'Sapphire Key' on the floor - but in game it shows as Lara's pistols (sprite) When its picked it, it does appear as the key - but it isn't named in the inventory.
Any idea how I can fix this?

EDIT: OK so I learned how to export objects/sprites etc using TRViewer - and now I wanted to delete some items I don't need (wolf, bear, doors) however after the program asks 'do you want to delete yes/no' and I click yes - the program crashes.
I could use Fexmerger to delete these items, but from what I read Fexmerger can be buggy. I'm not sure if combining the 2 programs is a good idea.

OK so now the level is broken. For some reason all of Lara's animations are broken, she glides in a pointed pose.. unable to do much of anything. The inventory is a mess, even the animated objects there are broke. Think I need to wait until a proper manual is released as I haven't the foggiest idea what I'm doing..
TRLE adapting it is for now then.. its as classic as its gonna get for now

Last edited by dcw123; 13-07-20 at 14:25.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-20, 16:51   #174
Topixtor
Historian

That looks very strange and I never saw anything like that; what exactly did you remove from the level? Maybe you deleted some semmingly useless items that actually are the "core" of the engine, like Lara's animations; also, from my limited knowledge, in TR1 many objects are listed as duplicates of other ones and many others are completely different than what you see in Fexmerger/trviewer...

Besides that, BOTH trviewer and fexmerger can be buggy; even then, usually it's exactly the combination of them that makes the difference between too many and just enough textures. It's usually better to make a buckup copy or two expecially when using fexmerger, and results (crashes, too many textures, buggy objects) are pretty much random, I found it useful to "merge" whatever thing just to "make the program going" before actually touching your desired file, and sometimes doing a "merge" without selecting anything can help too (or, again, randomly crashing...)

Some common bugs like blood sprites underwater, trapdoors breaking and the inability to open a file with trviewer after using fexmerger have all been fixed with some little utility tools DaroRaider made and/or via some workarounds.

Last edited by Topixtor; 14-07-20 at 16:15.
Topixtor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-20, 19:27   #175
thewolf
Golden

Question Texture Pages

Does anyone remember how many texture pages can be used for TR2? I think there was a limit but I can't remember how much it was It's been too long
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-20, 19:40   #176
Danath
Archaeologist

Talking

I suppose it's 20 pages, but shouldn't really be a problem now is it? Tex limit was expanded greatly with the patch.
Old 20-10-20, 19:54   #177
thewolf
Golden

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I suppose it's 20 pages, but shouldn't really be a problem now is it? Tex limit was expanded greatly with the patch.
Oh 20 pages ,thought it was less than 12 Even better now

Texlimit won't be a problem
Old 20-10-20, 21:25   #178
DaroRaider
Historian

Guys, you should consider two different conceptos: one the amount of texture pages, and one the amount of pieces textures:

Textures pieces or Texture IDs are just an area that is mapped into the pages textures.

Arsunt's pacth allow you to have undefined amount of textures pieces or IDs, but always should consider the amount of textures pages.

You can define 10000 IDs in only one or two texture pages, that wouldn't cause a real problem. But if you define new texture IDs adding more and more texture with "different drawings" will increase the Texture page amount. And texture page amount has a limit for the engine.

I don't know if am enough clear or that was a doubt you had.
Old 21-10-20, 21:16   #179
thewolf
Golden

Don't worry, was nice and clear for me

I was just asking about the total number of texture pages. I'm having a lot of animated textures. One single page is just for animated textures

The level will be textured with Rview in order for something else, so the texture limit won't be a problem at all either way

Actually the level will be textured 2 times. One time with dxtre3d and after that for fine tuning with Rview.

Sounds crazy right ?

I'm trying to do the best out of it.
The level can most likely not keep up with those new Tomb Editor TR2 levels but I will still try to achieve something great for one final bang in the history of Dxtre3d

Last edited by thewolf; 21-10-20 at 21:22.