www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old Today, 08:44   #17641
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Of course you haven't said that literally. But your comments from a year ago are about the cancellation. One way or another. It's boring fighting for the same thing over and over again. We already know your opinion. I tell you with respect but it is exhausting.

If the movie were in limbo I would understand your negativity. But we have information about the movie in these months almost every week ... first from the actress, from the director to be a little more positive.
Then you can put me on your ignore list, or you can stop acting like a baby whenever someone has a “worst case scenario” theory.

I could just as easily tell you to shutup about thinking the movie isn’t cancelled. Both of us are allowed to express our opinions as monotonously as we like.

Correction: We haven’t gotten new information. That’s incorrect. We’ve gotten “I don’t know.”

Which is fine. Because of course they don’t know. But that’s not anything we didn’t already know.

Last edited by SoraSakai; Today at 08:46.
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:50   #17642
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Alicia last week said "we are going to shoot in 2021" for me that is not a "I don't know"

Of course I can ignore you but unfortunately your comments create a lot of negativity and the thread goes from "commenting about TR2" to "replying to Sora" and I would have to read a lot of replies from the rest of the members who are simply exhausted too.

But hey, it was my opinion. You are free to write about the cancellation next week, the next, the next ... as you have been doing all year. Enjoy it, gurl!

Last edited by PinkyPromise; Today at 08:51.
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:56   #17643
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Alicia last week said "we are going to shoot in 2021" for me that is not a "I don't know"

Of course I can ignore you but unfortunately your comments create a lot of negativity and the thread goes from "commenting about TR2" to "replying to Sora" and I would have to read a lot of replies from the rest of the members who are simply exhausted too.

But hey, it was my opinion. You are free to write about the cancellation next week, the next, the next ... as you have been doing all year. Enjoy it, gurl!
That’s not what she said. See, that’s the thing. You keep reacting/responding to things no one said.
Old Today, 09:04   #17644
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Thatís not what she said. See, thatís the thing. You keep reacting/responding to things no one said.
Like you interpret the things no one said.
Anyway she hope they start filming in 2021.
Also may have remind you the Europe is gonna be soon in a new lockdown... so it made sence for them to wait until the things get better.
Old Today, 09:23   #17645
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Like you interpret the things no one said.
Anyway she hope they start filming in 2021.
Also may have remind you the Europe is gonna be soon in a new lockdown... so it made sence for them to wait until the things get better.
Yes. Either of us could be right. It could be cancelled. It could just be stalled. Who knows.
Old Today, 09:25   #17646
Ellioft
Professor

Well at this moment MGM needs a franchise that could bring back money to them and TR is logically perfect for that. But just like a release of a new game the TR community will have to wait.
Old Today, 09:28   #17647
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

I mean, is it that surprising that, until they actually start shooting, the movie is being postponed indefinitely?

Alicia in particular still seems quite hopeful they'll be able to do this movie, even if shooting only starts on 2021. I still have faith in this movie being made.

Besides, current advances in a vaccine have it that one might be available in the UK even this year. Hopefully that allows to control covid in the country, and film production becomes less of a health concern there.
Old Today, 09:28   #17648
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Well at this moment MGM needs a franchise that could bring back money to them and TR is logically perfect for that. But just like a release of a new game the TR community will have to wait.
And I get that. My argument has never been that the TR brand isn’t a strong brand for them. I’ve always said that if the cancellation happened, it would be due to covid delaying the film too far to the point where it wouldn’t make sense to make it. Filming in 2021 and releasing in 2022 is pushing it, but it’s still possible. Anything beyond that, wouldn’t make even the slightest bit of sense.
Old Today, 09:34   #17649
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Nothing we didn't already see coming. It's Covid related most likely all movies are delayed indefinitely with tentative releases the cinema industry isn't bouncing back any time soon.