Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 13-05-22, 17:15   #481
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
But it needs to be recognised in the Charmed universe to be able to have the lore and the names... book of shadows, white lighters, power of 3, elders etc... otherwise people would say "this is ripping off charmed".

The reboot didn't affect anything from the original series. That's what I liked about it.

Anyway it doesn't matter because it's done now anyway. Charmed is back to being dead.
But it did though, they both share the exact same title. There is nothing to differ between the two. Yes people would have called it that, perhaps writers should focus on creating something more original. What doesn't make sense to me is how people who support the show chime in on how original it was, well if that was the case then why was charmed terminology needed if the show was so original?
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-22, 17:25   #482
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
But it did though, they both share the exact same title. There is nothing to differ between the two. Yes people would have called it that, perhaps writers should focus on creating something more original.
Just because it has the same title doesn't mean it affected the original. It's not like the original series was still going, it was dead for 12 years. The reboot took the name and the lore and did it's own thing with new characters.

If the reboot was the same story as the original, recasting the halliwell sisters and doing the same thing all over again, then I'd have an issue with it because that would actually affect the original series.

Quote:
What doesn't make sense to me is how people who support the show chime in on how original it was, well if that was the case then why was charmed terminology needed if the show was so original?
I don't know anything about that.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-22, 17:30   #483
charmedangelin

Quote:
Just because it has the same title doesn't mean it affected the original. It's not like the original series was still going, it was dead for 12 years. The reboot took the name and the lore and did it's own thing with new characters.

If the reboot was the same story as the original, recasting the halliwell sisters and doing the same thing all over again, then I'd have an issue with it because that would actually affect the original series.

I don't know anything about that.
Charmed didn't need the sisters to continue. The show set up an ending where they could have eaisly made a story about a group of kids in magic school and people would have accepted it.

Heck Macy, Maggie, and Mel could have been students or their mother could have been a student at the school. There were many ways to do a reboot or a sequel or a spin off without trying to replicate what the original had with the sisters.
Old 13-05-22, 17:36   #484
Tombraider95

Magic school was an awful addition lol A show about kids in a magic school doesn't sound like Charmed, more like a Harry Potter rip off. Charmed is about 3 sisters that use the power of 3 to protect the innocent and ward off evil. Perhaps the reboot could have had a slightly altered title, but as I've said the original is still completely intact.
Old 13-05-22, 17:46   #485
jajay119

So, has it been canned before or after airing episodes with the new witch? I feel like they were going to struggle to run with the premise for it and it may be a blessing in disguise.

As much as I loved the original Charmed I think the quality really took a dip when Shannon left and Rose came on. I think they'd have just ended up treading the same path.

I'd still like to see some sort of continuation in the original universe though.

Quote:
Magic school was an awful addition lol A show about kids in a magic school doesn't sound like Charmed, more like a Harry Potter rip off. Charmed is about 3 sisters that use the power of 3 to protect the innocent and ward off evil. Perhaps the reboot could have had a slightly altered title, but as I've said the original is still completely intact.
I agree. It was clearly done because Holly got actually pregnant and they had to sit her out for the series. I think if it were today they would just take a break for a year... that wasn't really a thing then unfortunately. In all honesty the show should have skipped season 6 and ended with season 7.

As much as I liked the ending of the finale episode the journey to get there, and putting up with Billie and Christie, was a slog. Season 7 put the sisters as the full central focus and gave them a happy ending that could easily have worked as THE ending.

Last edited by jajay119; 13-05-22 at 17:49.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-22, 17:50   #486
charmedangelin

Quote:
Magical school is not a rip off because Harry Potter was not an original concept either. Magical school was a great edition and where a sequel should started. It isn't have to be about the school itself, but the school could have been what tied the shows together.
Old 13-05-22, 17:51   #487
Chamayoo

They could have made an entire show about Billie and only Billie. What a massive missed opportunity.

Of course I'm not serious !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-22, 18:13   #488
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Magical school is not a rip off because Harry Potter was not an original concept either. Magical school was a great edition and where a sequel should started. It isn't have to be about the school itself, but the school could have been what tied the shows together.
ew no.

Kids + Magic School = People automatically thinking of HP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
So, has it been canned before or after airing episodes with the new witch? I feel like they were going to struggle to run with the premise for it and it may be a blessing in disguise.
S4 is nearing it's end. I don't think it got canned because of the new actress/recast tbh. From what I've read S4 is better than the last 2 seasons as S4 had better showrunners. I think it's just got canceled for the same reason as many of the other shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I agree. It was clearly done because Holly got actually pregnant and they had to sit her out for the series. I think if it were today they would just take a break for a year... that wasn't really a thing then unfortunately. In all honesty the show should have skipped season 6 and ended with season 7.

As much as I liked the ending of the finale episode the journey to get there, and putting up with Billie and Christie, was a slog. Season 7 put the sisters as the full central focus and gave them a happy ending that could easily have worked as THE ending.
I am one of the few who doesn't mind the whole Billie & Christie stuff. lol I liked how it was ironic that 7 years was spent being all about sisterhood and fighting off evil (well when it wasn't about Phoebe and dating), then in the end they were fighting against 2 other sister witches.

Also the sisters got really unlikeable towards the end, so I don't blame Billie and Christie for turning against them so easily lmao Christie made some good points.
Old 13-05-22, 18:49   #489
charmedangelin

Quote:
ew no.

Kids + Magic School = People automatically thinking of HP.
Really? Because there are a ton of shows about a magical academy and no one makes those connections. Perhaps you have only been exposed to HP, but there are tons of shows that have one and no one makes those comparisons, but you.

The Magicians being one of them and they completely separated themselves from HP by how mature the show was.
Old 11-06-22, 05:54   #490
charmedangelin

Now I'm pissed, they ended the reboot showing the original manor and the writer in interviews confirmed that Season 5 would have tied both shows together. They also wanted cameos from the original actors in season 5.

I'm mad now��