Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-12-18, 17:56   #981
Isaac

Meh, I see this as a dick move from IGN. They know people were thirsty for TLOU2 content and ND wouldn't deliver anytime soon, so they jumped on the occasion and got themselves a few click and visibility by people who assumed they had exclusive footage.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-18, 08:27   #982
Tomb_of_Darkns

Amazon Italy just put TLOU2 on there with a release date of March 29 of next year.
I’m not really inclined to believe this is real for many reasons. Mostly because Days Gone is supposed to come out in April and that seems to close to each other. Unless of course the push Days Gone back again...
Also I’m only a little intrigued with this possible leak because Walmart was a big offender this past year so who knows it could’ve happened again. And if it somehow is true, that means we are gonna get some new promo in the New Year very soon.
Tomb_of_Darkns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-18, 12:56   #983
Isaac

March? That would give three months to market a big AAA game. I’m not sure.

When was Gods of War’s release date revealed?
Old 19-12-18, 13:12   #984
Blackmoor

I do think if it were only 3 months to go ND would have said something by now. I think we'd know the release date from them.

Still.... a small part of me is hopeful anyway. Hopefully new promotion in the new year.

Regarding Days Gone.... it's not ideal if they release at the same time but hasn't this game been pushed back a few times anyway? Probably initially the two games were planned to be wide apart in terms of release date but because of the delays they may end up having to be released close together..

God of War release date was announced late January 2018 for late April 2018 release..... so that's interesting. Only 3 months is not unreasonable for a Sony exclusive AAA game then. I would have expected longer.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-18, 14:27   #985
Tomb_of_Darkns

Didn’t Shawn Layden say something about how they were going to market their game sdifferently in the new year or did I make that up?

Idk, I think GOW was also really close in terms of marketing to release date.

The only thing that gives me a little hope that this is true is the fact that usually Amazon makes placeholder dates on the last day of the month. However, March 29th is on a Friday, which is when games are usually released.

Sigh either way I hope we see more and get a release day in 2019 lol
Old 19-12-18, 19:26   #986
rewak

Naughty Dog just tweeted that they're looking for localisation testers for TLOU2, and that's usually one of the last jobs to get done, so there's every possibility!
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-18, 22:23   #987
Tomb_of_Darkns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Naughty Dog just tweeted that they're looking for localisation testers for TLOU2, and that's usually one of the last jobs to get done, so there's every possibility!
Can someone explain what it is that localization testers do? Is it like QA, but like checking if the language is right?

But is this usually done after a game is pretty much done? Or is this done throughout the development process?
Old 19-12-18, 22:46   #988
Isaac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb_of_Darkns View Post
Can someone explain what it is that localization testers do? Is it like QA, but like checking if the language is right?

But is this usually done after a game is pretty much done? Or is this done throughout the development process?
1. Yep, you nailed it. Language and stuff.

2. There aren't fixed rules about this, though yes usually you'd want to offer a complete product to playtest so everything is done at once. But some studios can do this differently and start playtesting their stuff mid-way, in parallel basically.
Old 19-12-18, 22:56   #989
Tomb_of_Darkns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
1. Yep, you nailed it. Language and stuff.

2. There aren't fixed rules about this, though yes usually you'd want to offer a complete product to playtest so everything is done at once. But some studios can do this differently and start playtesting their stuff mid-way, in parallel basically.
Thanks for confirming! And cool that’s what I thought. Now I’m wondering if ND is the type who does the former or the latter lol
Old 19-12-18, 23:07   #990
Isaac

Important to note that it’s a contract of 6 months.