Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 06-10-18, 10:06   #1
Caba
Inactive

Thumbs up I found my tr2 walkthrough from 1998

After 21 years I finally found my tr2 walkthrough
I though that I was lost forever XD
I only found the first part and uploaded it on youtube, now i'm looking for the other tapes (The gameplay was recorded on a vhs tape)
here is the first gameplay (If you'e intrested)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-iD...ature=youtu.be

(I found the first, ther third, and the last tape but I want to upload the gameplay in order)

Ps: I wanted to make changes to the post this morning but for some reason I messed it up and deleted everything XD

Last edited by Caba; 06-10-18 at 16:29.
Caba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 13:43   #2
Ewerton Pires

???
Ewerton Pires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 16:06   #3
annl

He did, for some reason he removed it. I watched the video before it the link was removed.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 02:57   #4
Helegad

So the official strategy guide came with a VHS tape demonstrating parts of the game? Is that what OP is saying?
Helegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 20:29   #5
Kirishima

No, what he's saying is he found some old tapes of a walkthrough he made for himself (or somebody else) from way back in the late 90's and was uploading it to youtube presumebly to preserve it since vhs is now a dead format. Video is gone now for whatever reason, which is a shame since it looked like pretty decent real hardware footage.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-18, 00:19   #6
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caba View Post
After 21 years I finally found my tr2 walkthrough
I though that I was lost forever XD
I only found the first part and uploaded it on youtube, now i'm looking for the other tapes (The gameplay was recorded on a vhs tape)
here is the first gameplay (If you'e intrested)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-iD...ature=youtu.be

(I found the first, ther third, and the last tape but I want to upload the gameplay in order)

Ps: I wanted to make changes to the post this morning but for some reason I messed it up and deleted everything XD
Welcome to the forum Caba. I am interested in seeing this.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-18, 15:38   #7
Greatest TR

Oh wow! I would to see your raw video footage quality back in 1998 but unfortunately the video was removed from youtube.

Me and my brother playing the Tomb Raider 1 prototype game and recorded the Tomb Raider 1 beta gameplay while we play it on VSH tape back in late 1995 and mid-1996 and also Tomb Raider 3 beta in 1998 as well. I do find it fanasticing though, for old time sake with the raw footage quality
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-18, 16:02   #8
Greatest TR

Also, when you upload the old footage again, please don't upscale in 720p or 1080p crap, Just upload the raw video quality itself, so we can enjoy the experience of VSH quality like it was back in the day otherwise it ruins it.
Old 26-10-18, 18:03   #9
jonathanrij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest TR View Post
Oh wow! I would to see your raw video footage quality back in 1998 but unfortunately the video was removed from youtube.

Me and my brother playing the Tomb Raider 1 prototype game and recorded the Tomb Raider 1 beta gameplay while we play it on VSH tape back in late 1995 and mid-1996 and also Tomb Raider 3 beta in 1998 as well. I do find it fanasticing though, for old time sake with the raw footage quality

OT: Seeing old VHS footage of PS1 games running on native hardware just feels extra nostalgic to me. It's like a time capsule. I hope the video gets reuploaded again.
jonathanrij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 14:05   #10
Greatest TR

Heads up

I was thinking about this all night last night about what Caba was saying and planning to do, I'm going to blame you for this I dashed to my grandparents' house early this morning and budge myself into the loft and hoping I will find what I was looking for...... and I did!!!

Took awhile to find the box that fills with VHS movies tapes and tons of gameplay that I recorded many years ago aswell. This attic got this mix vibe from Tomb Raider 3 chimney loft in the game. Looks familiar I must say.

At last, I was very surprised that I found two tapes filled with contents of Tomb Raider beta and a random film included, also another Tomb Raider, WWF warzone and WWF (smackdown) (I think that's what it said on the tape label) The red text was badly faded and smudged. I'm worried that second VHS tape might be damaged because it is filled with the nasty white mold inside it, I guess these tapes been in the attic more than 20 years but nevertheless I'm pleased to know it was still there after all these years, it could have chucked out

I'm well excited (Thanks to Caba) Got back home this afternoon with my son while my wife and rest of children was out for a day, so this gives me a perfect opportunity for me and my son to watch this nostalgia moment with VHS quality footage. This is the first time he has seen a Lara Croft. My son got this a strange reaction when Lara shoots directly at the screen with the fixed camera angle, which was funny but he loves it at the end. I will post some footage later if I can.

I can't wait to see yours Caba... Best thread I have seen for a long time

EDIT

I have upoad the video of my son reaction with a good old TR Beta footage on VHS tape

Last edited by Greatest TR; 28-10-18 at 23:12.