Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 27-09-16, 15:20   #5691
fondantcookie

Still wish they got to finish/release the CORE version.

Even more so after all of this information.

True or not. It juast makes me pine for the game even more...

It woudlve been a welcome fan-service to accompany the 20th anniversary celebrations

:-(
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-16, 16:27   #5692
ESCachuli

I don't like two things:
1) The automatic platforming they described, I prefeer having fixed jump distances like AoD.
2) "Forgibing traps". No. Just NO. That's Rise and I don't want it.

IMO a good update would be:

- Analog controls with every move frome AoD (plus deleted ones) and TRC (swingpoles, ropes, tight ropes...).
- Manual aiming (only good thing the reboot gave to the franchise) with an special move to aim 2 enemies at the same time (maybe some headshot special move filling a bar or anything??), with acrobatics like RE6 / Vanquish (but better).
- Fixed jump distances with free climbing (not only squares but every ledge) like AoD.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-16, 16:37   #5693
Shakira Croft

^ Agree with you! Plus... I don't really believe it when they say they're going to reuse the TR1 map and add details with Maya... Cause don't tell me this:

is the same as this:

But everything else look so good
Shakira Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-16, 16:43   #5694
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakira Croft View Post
^ Agree with you! Plus... I don't really believe it when they say they're going to reuse the TR1 map and add details with Maya... Cause don't tell me this:

is the same as this:

Well, I think I can see the basic idea there, but it might be (well, certainly should be) one of those "primary areas" they mention in the article they were going to improve massively.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-16, 16:49   #5695
Wooxman

Quote:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...-1013-full.jpg

is the same as this:

https://resgerendae.files.wordpress....03/grce_11.jpg

Of course it's not the same, because the upper pic shows the left side of the entrance while the lower one shows the right side.

It looks very similar and what they mean is that the overall level layout will remain the same but the graphics and details will be updated. It doesn't really matter if the Colosseum is angular or round as long as the dimensions and how the rooms connect to each other remain the same.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-16, 16:55   #5696
Shakira Croft

Of course it looks similiar but as you can read they said:

Quote:
2. More detailed geometry. The original geometry will be exported to Maya and updated to add detail.
Well... doesn't look like
Old 27-09-16, 17:07   #5697
Wooxman

To me it looks like exactly that, just after updating the environment. If they would make an 1:1 remake, then there would be no reason to buy it. Also the leaked videos show new moves like climbing on poples and vaulting up on ledges like in Free Running or the reboot games. I'm pretty sure that the levels have to be tweaked in order to support these additions.
Old 27-09-16, 17:17   #5698
Shakira Croft

I think you don't get what I mean ^^

The said that they kept the original level editor map to add more details, to me it looks like the totally rebuilt it but indeed, it looks goregous!
Old 27-09-16, 17:18   #5699
ggctuk

Quote:

is the same as this:

If you look at the trailer, there is a shot of Sanctuary of the Scion. The environment has been rounded and completely changed from the massive cave in TR1, but the footage is from an earlier point in development so you can still see the TR1 sphinx.

In the more recent screenshots of the same area, they changed that sphinx completely. Their idea was not just to 'add detail' but to do things with the maps that were not possible in the original game's engine, such as truly rounded geometry. They started with exporting the TR1 maps into Maya, and this was established before these documents came out.

Last edited by ggctuk; 27-09-16 at 17:20.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-16, 17:46   #5700
Wooxman

Quote:
I think you don't get what I mean ^^

The said that they kept the original level editor map to add more details, to me it looks like the totally rebuilt it but indeed, it looks goregous!
They used it as the base for the TRAE levels which is exactly what they stated in the document. Also, like ggctuk pointed out, the document was written before development started and it was meant to be given to Eidos to pitch their idea for a TR I remake.