www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 26-06-22, 04:04   #37431
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Oh God, I finally getting around to watching welcome to raccoon city and I want to shoot my brains out. I'm trying so hard to keep my mouth shut so I don't ruin the movie for my mom who thought it was a typical horror flick based on a game, but ohhhhhhh boy the film is horrific.

It's one thing to be inspired and change some bits here and there to make it interesting, but the entire film itself complete BS. They completely changed the characters personalities and completely changed their back story.

I especially hate Jill, why make her ultra sassy and edgy and just not acting like the member of Stars that she is.

Chris and Claire hating each other? Come on and Leon supposedly shot someone back in the day or something.

Then I hate how they try to force modern political dialogue like the whole "hands up" police brutality stuff into it.

Oh boy I absolutely hate this version of Leon. Awful movie.

Edit

After over an hour of this movie I couldn't hold it in, wtf? What happened to Ada Wong? Where is Sherry? Why does claire and Leon have to go to the mansion. How the hell is there a tunnel from the city to the orphanage? Um excuse me? The movie makes absolutely zero sense. It's so jumbled and cuts around everywhere. Even if I wasn't judging it based on the games, the movie alone is boooooooooring. Over an hour now and barely anything happens. I get taking liberty with some of the story elements, but they completely changed everything that doesn't make sense. My mom had to ask me so many questions about why x was happening and who y was and what was the point of their action?

The zombies in the movie are terrible, zombies don't run or make weird pig noises. It's a horrible movie, it's worse then the original RE movie trilogy, at least those did their own plot that made its own sense. This movie is completely senseless and just uses established characters for cheap thrills that aren't all that thrilling. Oh yeah and good job making the black Jill a mad black woman stereotype and Leon a complete airhead. Progress right there folks.

Who made this movie, even the CGI looks basic and horrible.

If you haven't watched this movie yet don't bother.

Edit 2

Oh wait there is Sherry, a background character. Also wtf? Characters just popping out of nowhere. People 10000000's of miles away from each other and suddenly in the next scene they just magically teleport to randomly save somebody. Oh my god

Edit 3

Finished, mom hated it. She said the movie was slow, nothing happens for an hour and ten minutes.

Honestly, combining both games was a horrible mistake. Again the movies don't need to be 1000% retellings of the games, but they also don't need to be as disrespectful and such a trainwreck. The first Silent Hill movie took a lot of creative liberty, but it worked so well because they understood what the first game was going for and was able to translate the core foundation of the game into the movie despite some of the changes. And even still some of the changes didn't change the characters all that much like the cop woman or the entire purpose of Alessia.

Resident Evil could be a really good movie if they did it correctly, but for now I want them to just leave it alone. I know for sure In skipping the RE Netflix show. I don't trust them to do RE justice at all.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 26-06-22 at 05:20.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-22, 21:04   #37432
xdesperado_
Archaeologist

I'm playing through RE1 Director's Cut right until the end for the first time, I'm almost about to reach the lab section as Jill.

I think the original game is much more easier to get into than REmake, as there's fewer backtracking, and it doesn't provide as many stressful situations (i.e. dealing with Crimson Heads).

It also does feel strange without the Lisa Trevor inclusion as I've gotten so used to it by now. I must've completed REmake about 4 times - all with just Jill.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-22, 21:55   #37433
trfan16
Archaeologist

I'm actually downloading the RE1 DC from Playstation Plus store as we speak. I'm so glad there's a version of this game without the clown music in the basement (the other soundtracks are pretty blah too.). I love DC and how it switches up the enemy and item placement. OG RE1 has about a dozen rooms you don't really need to enter, but DC makes them mandatory. I really wish we got a similar randomizer for OG RE2. I've seen some RE2 randomizers on Youtube and they look super fun.

REmake is definitely the harder game of the two, but I always dread the Hunters in OG RE1. Anything below a green "Fine" condition puts you at risk for decapitation. Also, getting attacked by zombies is very risky in the game since you can't push them off as fast as the later games. And if they gang up you, it's might as well be game over.

I think Lisa Trevor is a nice addition, but I honestly get annoyed by her encounters in later playthroughs. Her first encounter is basically getting a single b**** slap from her and running away, the second encounter is one of the most annoying sections with the tunnels, but the final battle with her is pretty cool. She has such a tragic backstory and is probably the most interesting BOW in the series after Nemesis.

Last edited by trfan16; 27-06-22 at 21:57.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-22, 23:25   #37434
xdesperado_
Archaeologist

Also I was aiming to get the best ending, however I made the mistake of not waiting for Barry to return with the rope after falling down that hole. I had no idea this triggered the bad ending, but I'll attempt to save Chris at least.

At least with REmake, I was able to get the best ending in my first ever playthrough.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-22, 03:22   #37435
trfan16
Archaeologist

I swear I was able to save Barry at the end of the game despite not waiting for him to bring a new rope. I know there is one more encounter that might impact whether Barry dies in the lab or not. I think you need to have him follow you in the tunnels? That's one of the charm about the original game though is that there are so many cutscenes you can trigger depending on the path you take. I didn't even know for the longest time Rebecca can be killed by a Hunter outside the medicine save room.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-22, 16:24   #37436
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I kinda forgot how frustrating it can be to save Jill I'm RE5. I kept shooting and killing her when Sheva held her. Finally I realized I could hold her and Sheva could shoot her more accurately.
Old 29-06-22, 18:32   #37437
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

We should be able to kill Jill and continue the story. It's not like she's relevant to the future anyway. A few files about Jill in other games don't make her relevant.
Old 29-06-22, 19:04   #37438
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

You can also buy and equip a low damage, un-upgraded gun to make jill less troublesome.

Flashbang grenades work on her too.

Annoyingly, I once killed her with a magnum piercing through Wesker to hit her.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-22, 00:58   #37439
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

It's funny how much I've forgotten in this game. I'm glad I replayed it, but some sections I completely forgot existed because it's been years since I last played the game. I'll be replaying RE6 afterwards and it's been almost 10 years since I last played RE6.
Old 30-06-22, 05:51   #37440
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

I didn't realized because I didn't play RE5 properly 10 years ago, but it really feels like a sequel to RE1 plot wise. I know it's more a continuation of Code Veronica but hey, with all those connections and some nods (musically and Lost in Nightmare).
BTW the soundtrack is cool. I'm closed to the end, I'm at the start of chapter 6-2. The gameplay formula is getting a bit old now due to its repetitiveness but still enjoyable.
As expected, some lines are really cheesy. How many times will I heard "WhERe iS JiLL??" or "LEt's eNd thIS OnCe and FOr aLl!" ?
Also, RE4 to RE6 is the most controversial era but it had the best logos at least, haha.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 30-06-22 at 05:55.
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote