www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 18-04-21, 21:43   #1
kelvinsecolo
Hobbyist

Default How to inject sounds from Level Editor in Last Revelation?

Hey guys, goof afternoon

I'm trying to replace Last Revelation ingame sounds, for example gunshots, Lara's grunts and etc for the AoD ones. I've already loaded the modded .wav sounds into TRLE and they worked perfectly fine.

Here's the result:https://youtu.be/oAcL9vKndmI

My problem is: apparently, Level Editor and Last Revelation use a different sound system and they just won't work properly.

Does anybody know how could I import these modded sounds to TR4? I'm really running out of ideas.

The type of .wav files I'm using is:

File -> Export -> Export as WAV
Save as Type: WAV (Microsoft)
Encoding: Microsoft ADPCM
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 09:18   #2
CircusBabysGal
Historian

The TRLR and TRLE Engine both use the method of merging the SFX files with the levels, unlike TR2 and TR3 who put the sound files in a separate main.sfx file, I do have a couple of tools saved somewhere in my Disk Drive so if I find a tool that could help you out I'll definitely reply to this thread, best of lucks to you!
Though alternatively, this may be a little more time-consuming but you could also load the level files into your editor and just re-export the level as a .tr4 and hope the cutscenes and everything else stays intact without much modification on your part!

Last edited by CircusBabysGal; 19-04-21 at 09:25.
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 18:41   #3
kelvinsecolo
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
The TRLR and TRLE Engine both use the method of merging the SFX files with the levels, unlike TR2 and TR3 who put the sound files in a separate main.sfx file, I do have a couple of tools saved somewhere in my Disk Drive so if I find a tool that could help you out I'll definitely reply to this thread, best of lucks to you!
Though alternatively, this may be a little more time-consuming but you could also load the level files into your editor and just re-export the level as a .tr4 and hope the cutscenes and everything else stays intact without much modification on your part!
Hey, thanks for replying

If you can find any tool, I'd really apprecciate that. But, your idea called my attention. I know how to handle the basics of Level Editor, but how would I load a TRLR file there? Is there a way to load .TR4 files? I thought we could only load wad files.
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 19:13   #4
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinsecolo View Post
Hey, thanks for replying

If you can find any tool, I'd really appreciate that. But, your idea called my attention. I know how to handle the basics of Level Editor, but how would I load a TRLR file there? Is there a way to load .TR4 files? I thought we could only load wad files.
Hi! I'm still in search of the tool so I, unfortunately, don't have any progress regarding that yet I must say But to answer your question you cant load .TR4 files into the Editor but if I remember correctly the tombraiderchronicles web page has the project files (maps) available for download, I remember this because I also remember downloading Angkor Wad maps from there, I don't know if ALL levels are available for download but I think there are tools for ripping the TR4 Levels (though it sometimes doesn't really do an excellent job at it) (Though I don't think you would just in case I warn you not to try ripping a TRLE level as it's both unstable and also morally wrong) perhaps you could also message one of the devs working on TR4HD and ask them for the original level files? (I assume they didn't build the levels from scratch)
Anyways you could also try taking a look at this website:
https://www.aspidetr.com/en/tools/
it has lots of tools regarding modding the TR1-TR5 games (you'll also find the level rippers from there)
Best of lucks to your mod!
-LaraAndLauraCroft