www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 19-04-21, 13:52   #39451
xdesperado_
Explorer

Dead Set (2008)

Was browsing through Netflix & I forgot all about this series, it was ahead of its time. Last time I watched it was when it originally aired in the UK.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 02:10   #39452
trfan16
Archaeologist

Supernatural - Season 14 & 15

I haven't watched the last couple of seasons of Supernatural and decided to binge watch on Netflix. For the most part, both seasons were pretty good. Not the best in the series, but no where near as bad as the Leviathans and Alpha monsters seasons. I do think they wrapped up each character's storyline pretty well... except for Dean. One of the worst series finales I've watch after Dexter. I can't believe that was how the series ended.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 04:40   #39453
Lord Insidious
Student

Three's Company
Old 20-04-21, 10:44   #39454
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Bliss on Amazon Prime.

I'll give it 6/10 for being sci fi orientated and having two big stars in it who are charismatic enough to keep your interest (albeit I think it would be better with different actors ironically).

I don't like films where they try to have it both ways. There's a central mystery in this that isn't resolved at the end, you're just left wondering what is the answer. The Director / Writer apparently did that deliberately, according to his interviews, but he didn't do it very well imo.

Both options are meant to be plausible but they're not, instead both options don't work as neither can fully explain events.

Still up until the end it creates enough interest for you to want to know.
Old 21-04-21, 19:01   #39455
Rai

I've been watching Celebrity Ghost Stories. I think "Celebrity" is pushing it a bit . I'm enjoying it and have finished S1 and gone onto S3, apparently Amazon Prime don't have S2. Not that it matters as it's not as if there's a story arc to understand. Some of the stories are very interesting, although I feel there's been some serious padding out going on. I do enjoy the re-enactments, it really helps to visualise the stories rather than have just the celebrity's words for it. I like that they're done with a sort of blurred affect, it helps to feel like a memory and doesn't distract too much. I also think they did well with the look-alike actors who play these re-enactments. I do not like the repetition. The celeb can get to an interesting part, next thing you know they're repeating what's been said and it's off putting. I know it's there for dramatic effect and to do that padding I was talking of, but I don't think it quite works as well as the show thinks it does.

EDIT: The Time Traveller's Wife, with Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana. It's a charming movie, if a tad confusing. Nicely acted.

Last edited by Rai; 22-04-21 at 00:59.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 07:35   #39456
Teone
Student

Ammonite (2020)

OMG! Kate and Saoirse are so good actresses!
I'd give the Oscar to both
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 19:56   #39457
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

The Simpsons Lego episode, this is a great episode and it felt like watching an episode from before The Simpsons went to

It felt great to have a Simpsons episode that was actually about The Simpsons themselves for a change and not have the plot revolve around the z-list celebrity of the week appearance.

This episode wouldn't be out of place in seasons one through ten of The Simpsons.

There are too many celebrity appearances on The Simpsons these days, they should dial it back a bit and cut down on the number of celebrities on The Simpsons and go back to the occasional celebrity like Johnny Cash as Space Coyote and David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as Mulder and Scully, and Dustin Hoffman as Mr Bergstrom among others.

Ricky Gervais is my least favourite guest star on The Simpsons.

The Simpsons should just end and be allowed to die with the very, very small bit of dignity that it has left, 32 seasons is more than enough though it won't be ending anytime soon when googling to see how many seasons there have been, I saw that there will be a 33rd and 34th season.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 21:25   #39458
biscuits
Professor

I watched the Snyder Cut of Justice League. I actually really enjoyed it. I never really enjoyed Snyder's previous DC movies, but I thought the Snyder Cut was an improvement on previous outings. All characters save for Aquaman get their own shining moments.
biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-21, 12:00   #39459
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
The Simpsons Lego episode, this is a great episode and it felt like watching an episode from before The Simpsons went to

It felt great to have a Simpsons episode that was actually about The Simpsons themselves for a change and not have the plot revolve around the z-list celebrity of the week appearance.

This episode wouldn't be out of place in seasons one through ten of The Simpsons.

There are too many celebrity appearances on The Simpsons these days, they should dial it back a bit and cut down on the number of celebrities on The Simpsons and go back to the occasional celebrity like Johnny Cash as Space Coyote and David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as Mulder and Scully, and Dustin Hoffman as Mr Bergstrom among others.

Ricky Gervais is my least favourite guest star on The Simpsons.

The Simpsons should just end and be allowed to die with the very, very small bit of dignity that it has left, 32 seasons is more than enough though it won't be ending anytime soon when googling to see how many seasons there have been, I saw that there will be a 33rd and 34th season.
The Simpsons had about ten years of being one of the best shows on TV, followed by five years of being mediocre, and then it got progressively worse. I think the last Simpson episode I liked was the Christmas special "Tis the 15th Season" which was ironically from season 15. I have seen the lego episode but can't say I thought anymore highly of it than the other episodes from the same season.
Old 25-04-21, 14:44   #39460
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Odd Thomas a scene near the end had me in and I did not see it coming I won't say any more than that because of spoilers.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote