www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 19-04-21, 13:15   #35661
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

I'm just going to wait for the full game at this point. It releases in two and a half weeks.
Old 19-04-21, 13:53   #35662
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

I really liked the demo. It actually felt more RE than I was expecting. Love the atmosphere too, glad they stuck with 7's style tbh. I hope the next one is the same too and then maybe they'll change the formula again.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 15:22   #35663
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
I liked the demo but I didnt like that key items dont take inventory place.
Interesting.

In survival horror, the combination of inventory and key items shape the player's route, so that , in order to get the best time or just beat the game, you have figure out the correct way to proceed.

By removing that limit, Capcom is basically going for a campaign that will surely have an optimal way to beat it, just not a correct way to beat it.

I've seen nothing of this demo, so I can only assume that it may have something to do with the size and complexity of the map.
Haunting Ground and Silent Hill would have been pretty dreadful to play if they had an inventory limit for key items.

Last edited by killchan; 19-04-21 at 15:24.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 15:29   #35664
rewak
Professor

The area they put you in for the demo looked like a hub area to me, with locked gates leading off to various locations that had different insignias on them. So I'm guessing we'll be seeing that area a few times. I did notice there were a few wells dotted around the area that needed something to use on them, a crank handle maybe. So maybe we find that at some point in the story then when we come back to that hub area we can use it on the wells. Maybe we find the keys to unlock these gates in whatever order we want too, it would be cool to have non-linear progression.

I'm torn on key items not taking up space, on the one hand inventory management is usually a solid mechanic to have but on the other RE4 did the same thing, with the inventory management being more about what weapons and healing items you could bring with you. If they're going for less item boxes and a more open world feel then I can see why they'd go this route.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 15:31   #35665
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I'm torn on key items not taking up space, on the one hand inventory management is usually a solid mechanic to have but on the other RE4 did the same thing, with the inventory management being more about what weapons and healing items you could bring with you. If they're going for less item boxes and a more open world feel then I can see why they'd go this route.
I see it as a Jill's run in RE1HD vs Chris.

it's the same principle, more or less.
Old 19-04-21, 16:10   #35666
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
I liked the demo but I didnt like that key items dont take inventory place. I think RE7 is still going to be my fav. Still, looking forward to play it.
I didn't play the demo, I don't like the sound of having to carry around key items outside the inventory, are there storage boxes in the game so that I won't have to needlessly carry around key items, hopefully having to carry around key items outside the inventory was a feature limited only to the demo.

Anyone remember Resident Evil Zero's lack of storage boxes, Capcom never did that again to make it easier I would keep all the items in one room instead of leaving them scattered throughout the train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I'm just going to wait for the full game at this point. It releases in two and a half weeks.
It'll be a while before I get RE Village for two reasons after the up that is the disaster that is the RE3MAKE I'm not excited about a new Resident Evil game and I'm keeping my expectations low so as not to be disappointed again, the second reason is I'm waiting to see how the multiplayer that no-one wanted or asked for will be handled like it was with the RE3MAKE completely separate from the single player and an optional install which is the only thing that Capcom got right with the RE3MAKE.

The RE Village Collectors Edition doesn't interest me either the Collectors Edition's for RE2MAKE and RE3MAKE are much better than the RE Village Collectors Edition IMO and Chris looks like he's homeless.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 16:47   #35667
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I didn't play the demo, I don't like the sound of having to carry around key items outside the inventory, are there storage boxes in the game so that I won't have to needlessly carry around key items, hopefully having to carry around key items outside the inventory was a feature limited only to the demo.
You won't need storage boxes for key items, since there's no limit to how many key items you can carry. They're on a separate tab
Old 19-04-21, 19:03   #35668
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Lady D will stalk you like Mr X

https://www.ign.com/articles/residen...-stalker-enemy
Old 19-04-21, 19:19   #35669
jajay119
Tomb Raider

And jack... And Marguerite... And Nemesis.

They need to change the record.
Old 19-04-21, 19:23   #35670
rewak
Professor

They saw y'all modding Mr X into wearing nothing but a speedo and gave you exactly what you wanted, a sexy stalker to thirst over. This is your doing internet
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote