Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 03-08-20, 12:13   #1
dylan_croft

Default SteveOfWarr TR Retrospective / Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness (2003)

Hello everyone !

As the title said , enjoy everyone :

dylan_croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 13:19   #2
zack3top123456

Talking it was great

i watched the premiere yesterday it was great might rewatch it later
zack3top123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 16:30   #3
klona
Golden

I've been waiting for this forever!

Am I the only one who thinks the vanilla controls work fine without that silly mod? IMO, that mod breaks the controls. I've seen so many first time players struggle with controlling Lara and get jarred by the movements the mod added.

I honestly think PS2 is the best way to experience the game. Why didn't Steve go for that? Maybe he mentioned it in the video and I missed it.

On a side note, I noticed the haze effect wasn't working in his game during the video even though he said he made it work.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 23:22   #4
UroshUchiha

This was a lot of fun to go through. I think he did AOD justice. He catalogued both good and bad sides of the game in a manner that I appreciate.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 18:13   #5
Kubsy

I watched it as well. This is by far the best Angel Of Darkness review I have ever seen.
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 19:51   #6
SrDanielPonces

the fact that he decided it was a good idea to add controls that make it even worst makes me want to die LOL
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 21:26   #7
Profc

Great review. I also feel that the control mod makes it much much worse. The version I played was mostly fine minus a few missing textures and snow effects. Controls and the enemy ragdoll effects look extra bizarre here.

I agree with about boss fights. AOD had the worst boss fights in any TR, I really liked that part, and the detailed criticism of the strength upgrades, I had forgotten how bizarre they were.

Nice cosplaying by the way.
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 04:13   #8
ThatNorskChick

Already mentioned it briefly in another thread, but I'll say it again. I love Steve and his reviews, and I thought he did such an outstanding job on this one. I think it was a great send off for the era. That ending was awesome.

About the controls, for me at least, it's a toss up. They feel better in some ways, but just create a whole new set of problems.
ThatNorskChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 14:38   #9
ANoDE
Golden

What a great review! I love how he tried not to rightout bash it, but tried to put things in context.

Very fun and well done!
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 17:36   #10
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post

Am I the only one who thinks the vanilla controls work fine without that silly mod? IMO, that mod breaks the controls. I've seen so many first time players struggle with controlling Lara and get jarred by the movements the mod added.
Yeah, personally I'm fine with the vanilla controls too. The only time it's completely broken is when she's targeting enemies, but by the looks of it, it's still just as aneurysm inducing with the fan patch, so I see no point to it.

Granted it was made for the Steam version, I believe and I've never played that. I wonder how it differs from retail releases.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote